BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

Well.....

Both the fans and the team were given a great pre-match boost by the news that Andrews and Mokoena were not in the team.

You muppet, Andrews stop on the line was worth him being on the bench!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I for one will be delighted if this guy gets his wish of Rovers staying up under Sam and Newcastle being relegated. :blink:

Brilliant brilliat day!

Everyone did their bit and the crowd looked wonderful on TV. Sorry I could not be there in person.

Just had a look - there's more Rovers fans on there than barcodes :) Toon ruddy tastic!!!

Guest Vinjay606
[/size]

Blackburn Rovers were reborn today ...The players ,the fans everybody wanted it !!!!!

Brilliant !!!

About time SteB or one of the other admins fixes the tags on this board.

Is it me, or are the Newcastle fans quietly regretting the sacking of Big Sam. Imo, between Sam and Shearer we know who is best capable of handling these situations. Allardyce been there done that, Shearer nothing to show for in terms of management. Newcastle fans are annoying me right now, and i would rather have Hull stay up than those clowns

I'm signing up. Can't read that @#/? without saying something.

Won't let me post yet...

Personally I'd prefer the barcodes to survive. The Premiership needs some character, to balance out all the corporate greedy shoite. Barcodes have character in fat bellied abundance in just the same way that Chelski and Spuds don't.

So, c'mon you barcodes, tomorrow evening

Right Ladies and Gentlemen...and Vinjay ;)

I've predicted a Rovers win all season in every game but most mine are wrong. So i'll go for a 2-2 draw, with Nelsen and McCarthy scoring for Rovers.

Come on you Blues!!!

That is amazing! Nelsen to score. My hat is off to you...and Nelsen.

Is anyone else being barred from adding messages? Apparently the board's mods have to check me out or something before I'm allowed to post.

Security measure. Often used to detect spambots before they can post.

Robinson, Nelsen and Givet were faultless today!

The rest of the players had plusses and minuses to their game but the crowd certainly played their part especially in the vibrant riverside :P

We are the Rovers, We are the Rovers !!!!

Great performance from Robinson, a few fine saves in there and kept us in it at times. Back four were pretty solid throughout, although we still look shaky defending set pieces and whenever someone runs at us with pace.

Midfield played well. Grella and Tugay did well in the middle and MGP had one of his best games for a while apart from a few set pieces. Diouf was a bit of a non-entity for most of the match.

Samba caused them trouble up front and did his job, although he also wasted the ball when he was in a few good positions. Benni did well and worked hard to go along with his goal and a great delivery for the second.

Great to see that we can play 4-4-2. Had we played that same bunch of players last week we would have beaten Stoke and credit to Allardyce for eventually learning from his mistakes and realising that we are a much better team with two up front.

I've signed up for toontastic.net too!

It's going to be an invasion demolition job!

Massive win today, can't single out anyone as I thought the team as a whole played their hearts out.

Stayng up staying up staying up.

What a great game what an atmosphere!

Robinson MOM and rightly so. Back 4 AWSOME - sell a plane Walkers and buy Givet.

Benni - did someone hide a Whoppa in the ball - he looked quite quick today.

Samba - AWSOME caused all sorts of problems and even if you don't like the long ball at least he gave us an out ball which we havn't had for ages. Some super skill too.

Grella - he's got it you know. 10 game run and you'll love him.

Tugay - awe I love my dog too but his legs need replacing

Thought the 2 gingers for Wigan bossed the Midfield though.

Pederson fine Villenueva - has a good touch on the ball and took some pressure off us near the end.

Best of all Crowd 11/10. I'm sure we blew the ball over Robbo's bar twice!

26042009070.jpg

Firstly, a very big thank you to all those people who took advantage of the great offer by Blackburn Rovers. A full Darwen end lower tier was a sight to behold. Not only did they put bums on seats but they really helped to create a fantastic atmosphere. Probably the best at Ewood all season...

...and didn't the players respond! If I had any nerves before the game, they turned to excitement from the first whistle - even Rovers kicking towards the 'wrong end' first half didn't bother me. Special mention to Robbo who was magnificent all game and thoroughly deserved his man of the match. Some of his saves, particularly towards the end, were unbelieveable and it would have been a travesty had he not kept a clean sheet.

Another bonus is I can also say that I was there when Ryan Nelsen scored for Rovers. Someone has got to get some T-Shirts printed for the final game of the season - maybe the club could arrange something!

One fit striker and half a midfield but who cares today - just why can't we play like this every week!

Did anyone else feel the tiniest ounce of sympathy for Paul Ince today? Robbo was class, Grella put in a very decent shift and Andrews made a squad appearance. Even Carlos got a look in late on. Could this have been his master plan...?

:lol::P:lol:

Archived