BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

Its bad enough that we have dingles coming on here, but when 2 of your own fans start winding you up then its just rubbish. Ste, modes or any mods could you please keep an eye on those 2 posters ie Vinjay and Waggy. I got banned so many times for defending our players, yet these 2 are allowed to post all this nonsense.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughesy, not that I'm doubting your info, but don't think you are risking getting your 'contact' into a lot of trouble by mentioning that he was a sub at the Wigan game? Of those on the bench, I think it's pretty obvious who the player in question is...

Mokoena was always going to be off in the summer anyway, so it's no big loss. I wouldn't be surprised to McCarthy off as well, though we really need him to stay.

NOBS! I saw it too and was fuming. Im fed up of either Arsenal or Liverpool pundits, so biased towards their darlings. Aparently Samba was clumbsy (at which point they showed him take a ball from about 5 foot down to his foot with perfection and then spray the ball at wide) and 3 for £20 was enough because it wasnt worth anymore. What compared to about £40 at arsenal v boro? Yeah ok you pricks!

What a pair of ignorant,arrogant Arsenal Pr1cks they are,have they not the sense and grace to realise the club is helping the fans attend football in these hard times...we are not all on 100k a week!!

No need for them to comment like that at all! :angry:

Something rattled you, buddy? Calm down. Is it because I disagreed with you in the other thread? :blink:

Perfectly calm here mate, you're the one responding to everything waggy says and complaining about being fed up with his posts. If you're that bothered, stop replying to his posts and he wont be able to wind you up, it's pretty simple.

What a pair of ignorant,arrogant Arsenal Pr1cks they are,have they not the sense and grace to realise the club is helping the fans attend football in these hard times...we are not all on 100k a week!!

No need for them to comment like that at all! :angry:

Laugh at them, no one watches it anyway, and besides, the funniest part, is that those 2 were part of possibly the most BORING Arsenal side there EVER was, N.B. One Nil to the Arse... etc.

• Backroom

Keown and Dixon make Hansen and Lawro look respectable... aside from a couple of things (Samba as clumsy?) they were pretty fair over the match itself, but it's shocking that they'd mock us for putting on a genuinely good offer for the fans and filling our stadium. Especially as they're the same people who I'm sure would be just as quick to come out and condemn us for having a half empty stadium :rolleyes:

Guest Vinjay606

BBC are too busy legally extorting people to listen to complaints about them.

SIGNATURE (MANUALLY ADDED DUE TO PROFILE TAG FAULT)

ATT-908px-2-1-1.png

• Backroom

I e-mailed them a complaint about Lawro a couple of years ago and they sent back the standard "all of our pundits are neutral" response. Sending a complaint to the beeb would unfortunately just be a waste of time. Speaking of Lawro... strange he wasn't on the saturday or sunday MOTD, seeing as we won :D although he did predict us to win 2-0.

Just to bring this thread back to its original purpose.

Great atmosphere on Sunday. Great idea for Rovers to do the £20 for 3 games. As a long-time season ticket holder I've got no grumbles. It was good to see the Darwen End full.

It was good to see Pederson back to his best. OK, he played a few bad passes, but he played on Sunday like he'd finally shaken off a cold that had been suffereing from for about 18 months.

We are not out of the brown stuff yet, but more of the same should see us OK.

Fingers crossed,

Unfortunately it wont. If we keep this 3 matches for £20 malarky then in time the novelty will fade and then we'll have to sell 3 for £10 to get the same effect. This is obvious when considering that the reduction in ST prices has made little to no difference just 2 years down the line. There are still lots of gaps on the Riverside despite ST's being about £250 / £13 per match.

What I do suspect is that if we ever try to put them up now to the previous level that support will fall away dramatically.

As one who supported the lowering of prices for years I do have to agree with this point.

The club are however peeing against the wind. As each year goes by there seems to be less and less of a market to choose from. If we had the same ticket prices as 3 years ago what would our attendances be like now? Rovers do all they can to get fans in but it is at the expense of revenue.

It is the most troubling aspect that threatens the long-term future of Rovers as a Premiership club.

It was good to see Pederson back to his best. OK, he played a few bad passes, but he played on Sunday like he'd finally shaken off a cold that had been suffereing from for about 18 months.

Agreed, Sam appears to be getting the best out of Pedersen with tactics that suit his style of play. Our attacking threat against Wigan came from our left flank far more than our right and with either Warnock or Givet behind him, we look very solid on this flank.

Back in England for the first time since the Larissa game, and what a treat it was. The football wasn't like watching Barcelona, but there were lots of chances and it was good entertainment, lots of goalmouth action.

Great spirit and great atmosphere and great win = great day.

To top it all off, just before kick off I thought I may as well have a little bet, I thought Nelsen has to score sometime and put a pound on him to get the last goal. And he did, brilliant! Odds were only 28-1, a bit short considering his goalscoring record and Ooijer's were longer, but I'm not complaining, first bet in years too :)

:rover: i only realised lardarse had dropped his love child the axe when i read the write up in the telewag,well lets hope its the last time we see him in a rovers shirt.and if you did not think the 2nd goal was a foul,look at the 1st,benni leads with his arm into the keeper. :brfcsmilie:

• Backroom

To be honest, whether they were a foul or not doesn't matter. Fact is, the ref gave them and they can't be taken away, we got a vital 2-0 win whilst the rest of the teams around us lost or drew, meaning the weekend was perfect for us. Happy days, bring on City :rover:

Guest Vinjay606

It was a totally fair challenge but some referees will give an infringement for the slightest challenge against a keeper. Fortunately that ref was clearly not one of those types.

:rover: i only realised lardarse had dropped his love child the axe when i read the write up in the telewag,well lets hope its the last time we see him in a rovers shirt.and if you did not think the 2nd goal was a foul,look at the 1st,benni leads with his arm into the keeper. :brfcsmilie:

Just the same way Vidic went into Brown, for United to score. It evens itself out Waggy, you should know that by now ;)

Agreed, Sam appears to be getting the best out of Pedersen with tactics that suit his style of play. Our attacking threat against Wigan came from our left flank far more than our right and with either Warnock or Givet behind him, we look very solid on this flank.

Give over . If Pedersen looked better than usual it was because Warnock was willing to overlap - something that's been missing for ages because he's been playing out of position .

Pedersen has to be one of the casualties in the coming clear out . He's been here too long and the very rare half decent games he produces just isn't good enough . Let's face it ; if any of the replacements who have been tried were of any standard he'd have been history by now - and deservedly so .

And if Mum thinks his corners are improving it's only because they were somewhere between dire and awful beforehand . Let's not all get carried away because we won a bloody game at home for a change .....

Give over . If Pedersen looked better than usual it was because Warnock was willing to overlap - something that's been missing for ages because he's been playing out of position .

Pedersen has to be one of the casualties in the coming clear out . He's been here too long and the very rare half decent games he produces just isn't good enough . Let's face it ; if any of the replacements who have been tried were of any standard he'd have been history by now - and deservedly so .

And if Mum thinks his corners are improving it's only because they were somewhere between dire and awful beforehand . Let's not all get carried away because we won a bloody game at home for a change .....

Give credit Bp. I think you must agree that pedersen under Bs has improved his game. He is constantly in the thick of the action with his throw ins and corners plus he has a prodigious leap for a winger. I thought he was rubbish last season but even I can see an improvement.

He's certainly in the game more because of his throw ins .

Apart from that I've seen nothing that warrants us keeping him at the end of the season .

How many more seasons do we give him until he "gets back to his best" with a consistency that endures for more than one game ?

MGP is complacent and living in the comfort zone . Time to sever the ties for the benefit of all . I don't like coming out with comments like that but it has to be said .

I think there have been signs of improvement in Pedersen for a while now. He's always worked really hard defensively, he's rarely injured and given the amount of money we have I don't believe a replacement for him is an immediate priority.

Archived