BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Preview

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Mirror also claimed Amr Zaki might be recalled for Wigan this weekend.

Whether he shows up or not is another matter. Were I in charge at Wigan I'd have him pulling pints in the away end or cleaning the khazis with a toothbrush.

On last 2 performances - 0-2. Will give it vocals though and prey the North East rabble all loose. I think our relegation future is in there hands now despite our points advantage, Middlesboroughs recent resurgance is worrying as I had them relegated.

GULP.

Might risk Villeneuava as he does seem to create chances - in slow motion.

For once in a very very long time, I really cannot find any enthusiasm for the forthcoming event ON the pitch at my beloved Ewood and my beloved Rovers.

AGREE: I have been totally demotivated by Rovers for the last 2 seasons. Last season was dire, this is even worse. How the hell Rovers and JW expect people to renew season tickets next season is beyond me...I am the most hardened of fans and I will seriously consider whether to bother next season and spend my ST's money on a bloody good holiday instead.

As far as Wigan is concerned we will need a totally different approach from Big Sam and his team of wasters, unfortunately recent games make me doubt if Rovers have the ability and nouse to get out of this one.

Fortunately I will be missing the last game of the season versus West Brom. My flight gets in from the States at 7am on the Monday morning so I will have to wait until then for the result. And for once in my life I am starting to think that I could not give a monkies...there is life outside of Rovers.

How the hell Rovers and JW expect people to renew season tickets next season is beyond me...I am the most hardened of fans and I will seriously consider whether to bother next season and spend my ST's money on a bloody good holiday instead.

:rolleyes: Yeah sounds like it. Il be there next season, and if I could id sign up to a 10 year season ticket tomorrow. Regardless of the standard/ type of football or whatever league we are in. Its time to get behind the club, not go against them.

This is a huge game for us. After the previous THREE performances I dont feel confident. Despite the result against Spurs I thought we were poor until they went down to 10 men.

The crowd need to really get behind the team for this - like never before, although whether the lads respond or not is another matter. A mate is season ticket holder at Stoke and he reckons we were the loudest away support at the Britannia this season by a long way. Even said that we intimidated the home fans in the first half yet still failed to inspire the team.

I'm coming up from Hampshire for this one so I hope the team match the supporters and turn in a better performance!

:rolleyes: Yeah sounds like it. Il be there next season, and if I could id sign up to a 10 year season ticket tomorrow. Regardless of the standard/ type of football or whatever league we are in. Its time to get behind the club, not go against them.

Agree as always Hughesie.

To say you wouldn't give a monkies to find out we'd been relegated is totally alien to me. Of course there is more to life than football but flippant remarks like that scream 'you don't know what youve got till it's gone'

I'm feeling bit more confident now Roberts might be able to play.

That could easily evaporate on sunday if I hear Mokoena and/or Andrews are playing.

If Andrews and Mokoena are our central midfield we could play Torres and Henry up front and still not score. I'll feel confident if we have a midfield pairing from Grella/Dunn/Tugay

Guest Vinjay606

I'm not the type that normally settles for just anything but a 1-0 win in the most boring game of the century would be good enough this weekend.

I wiill settle for the same result as tonight's reserve game against Wigan,won 3 1 Treacy man of the match,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I cannot for the life of me see the point in Tugay playing 77 minutes tonight. I would speculate that Big Sam was trying to make a point internally, as judging by his body language on Saturday he was none to pleased about not being involved at Stoke and it's possible that he didn't react too positively after being told. Tiring out our most talented footballer in a kids match doesn't strike me as being too sensible.

I cannot for the life of me see the point in Tugay playing 77 minutes tonight. I would speculate that Big Sam was trying to make a point internally, as judging by his body language on Saturday he was none to pleased about not being involved at Stoke and it's possible that he didn't react too positively after being told. Tiring out our most talented footballer in a kids match doesn't strike me as being too sensible.

Perhaps he needs a run out to keep him flexible these days?

I certainly hope that was the thinking behind it.

I'm feeling bit more confident now Roberts might be able to play.

That could easily evaporate on sunday if I hear Mokoena and/or Andrews are playing.

God help us when we have to potentially rely on Roberts; the jerk who must have cost us up to 12 points this season with his glaring misses.

I might bring my own boots this Sunday. This is a game when we need someone like Derbs or Gally.....whoops sorry but our wonderful leadership of Big Sam and that nice JW have done a deal wherby we can't recall them.....more incompetence from Rovers.

Got a bad feeling about this, draw at best. We'll be going in to the last game of the season needing something against WBA............if we go down from the position we were in two games ago we'll deserve everything we get.

I'm waiting for my flight to London in Kuala Lumpur airport.

Coming back for my first game since Larissa!

God knows how we are gonna score but I haven't seen us lose for years, so we should be safe.

I'll be at the City and Portsmouth games just to make sure though.

Hopefully we'll decide to play football and Wigan won't be too arsed.

I doubt we'll see Roberts so I'm hoping Carlos my actually get a league goal before he leaves for us, probably a free kick.

Grella in for Mokoena and Carlos for Andrews with Diouf going to the right for me, can't do any worse than last week.

Amen to whatever that means :)

Presty...we still on for our usual bet :lol: ??

No prediction from me, I'm always wrong.

Tight game, we have to make sure we don't concede early. Nelsen was magnificent yesterday, hope he carries on his form.

Anyone know the figures of how much we've sold in the Darwen End? Last I heard was 1000, 3 days after they went on sale.

I took the bookies for £170 big ones on Saturday with a 7 game accumulator, didn't even raise a smile after our result against Stoke and I must of been the most miserable fella who ever walked into my local bookies to collect.

To be fair, I think Pedersen is one of our best bets of someone scoring for us right now. After our dismal attacking strategy for the last 3 games, a Pedersen set piece could be the ticket.

As for Wigan, I think we got a chance of winning. We need to go for it and play 4-4-2 or a attacking 4-3-3 and have Mokoena and Andrews nowhere near the starting 11. Get Tugay and Dunn out there with the ball played to feet and make something happen.

I know this won't be the team but this would be my 11

...............Robbo

Givet Samba Nelsen Warnock

........Tugay....Grella

...............Dunn

...Diouf McCarthy Pedersen

Archived