BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 2009/10 Football Kit Thread

Nice one. There has been a fair alot of changes through the years. I personally loved the Premier League winning one cause it was genuinely a lovely top. Have any of yous any favourites? Why did we have a light blue/white one randonly from 90-92?

KAPPA!

...but I don't think they went down too well with the larger Rover.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice one. There has been a fair alot of changes through the years. I personally loved the Premier League winning one cause it was genuinely a lovely top. Have any of yous any favourites? Why did we have a light blue/white one randonly from 90-92?

From 1882/91 we wore light blue and white halves, again in 1894/95 so you could say they are part of our heritage.

As long we get the Red letters back, then i will be glad :-)

HEAR HEAR!!!

Red lettering & numbers back please! Hated the black of last season (& i don`t mean the manager!! :unsure: )

The only nice thing about the new home kit is that is't half blue & White. The second thing is the red stripe on the bottom front. Do not like the colar or black Crow logo.

Why can't the club Crow logo be the same as on the away kit. That would look much nicer.

What do you think would happen if

footer.jpg

or

aig_logo_tcm292-36976.gif

would like to user there own colours on ManU or Liverpools kits.

Don't think these clubs would accept that.

The only nice thing about the new home kit is that is't half blue & White. The second thing is the red stripe on the bottom front. Do not like the colar or black Crow logo.

Why can't the club Crow logo be the same as on the away kit. That would look much nicer.

What do you think would happen if

footer.jpg

or

aig_logo_tcm292-36976.gif

would like to user there own colours on ManU or Liverpools kits.

Don't think these clubs would accept that.

They'd probably pay less. We could do with the extra £££.

Crown's big black rectangle is a huge improvement on that bloody 24, the sun's out, transfer rumours are spreading so cheer up, soft lads!

(Not to single you out Maverick, your moan just happens to be the one I've replied to)

As long we get the Red letters back, then i will be glad :-)

I know for a fact that we will have red letters next season - I ordered one of this seasons shirts for my girlfriend (a newly converted rover...) with her name on the back, only to be told that they had run out of the black letters because we're going back to red ones.

Got them to put the red ones on it in the end- looks much better!

The new home shirt, is rank bad!

How anybody can say that shirt is nice is beyond me. If the Crown logo cant be sorted out, then its a real pity. Its funny how the fans are the ones who buy the shirt, but are not allowed to give their input. The shirt should be 'for the fans,by the fans'

The online poll that was used for the half red, half black away shirt was a great idea. We had a choice of three designs and the most popular one was chosen, no questions asked.

I think the BET24 logo looked really good on the home shirt but now it just looks really plain. I wont be buying the home one again until its considerably different. I agree that the red lettering and numbers make a huge difference.

As for now, im happy with the away one.

The comments on kits are totally subjective, and certainly people are more likely to post if they don't like a design than if they do.

Reading the few pages after the new away kit was revealed, you would think that it was going to be an unmitigated distaster for BRFC and Umbro. In fact the opposite is true - they have sold shedloads of the new white shirt.

What's more, driving around the area, people are actually wearing them. More than any other recent kit (including the red and black number) this shirt is being worn by people as an everyday item of clothing rather than something to wear to Ewood on matchday.

It'll be the same with the new home shirt, plenty will buy them and this thread will sink without trace, before there's a race to be the first to moan about the 2010-11 shirts.

I agree totally with Tris. Even during my short stay in Blackburn, I was surprised by how many people were wearing the new away shirt the day before and after the game too. At the same time, I had alot of people moaning that they didnt like it. You cant please everyone. I think the new away top has been a success.

The comments on kits are totally subjective, and certainly people are more likely to post if they don't like a design than if they do.

Reading the few pages after the new away kit was revealed, you would think that it was going to be an unmitigated distaster for BRFC and Umbro. In fact the opposite is true - they have sold shedloads of the new white shirt.

What's more, driving around the area, people are actually wearing them. More than any other recent kit (including the red and black number) this shirt is being worn by people as an everyday item of clothing rather than something to wear to Ewood on matchday.

It'll be the same with the new home shirt, plenty will buy them and this thread will sink without trace, before there's a race to be the first to moan about the 2010-11 shirts.

I think that those who complained about the white kit (like me) saw it as a terrible KIT option, BUT it is an EXCELLENT shirt in itself. It looks fab, but I wudn't see it as a kit.

I prefer to see it being worn, then can usually make a decision. However, I hated last season's away shirt when I first saw it, also the grey/black one from a few seasons back but they are my favourites to wear. I really like the new away kit now I have got used to the idea of it being white, and I don't like dark kits simply because the lighter ones are easier to see on the pitch! Hopefully will grow to love the new home kit, but last season's was a refreshing change after all the extra bits on the previous one, and it looks really smart imho. Still won't refuse the new one if anyone offers to buy it for me!

Archived