BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 2009/10 Football Kit Thread

Why black crown logo and not red ?

Because thats what Crown wanted and thats why Crown pay us plenty of money each season - beggars cant be choosers. Do you do anything but moan JAL? You have to be a woman!!

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because thats what Crown wanted and thats why Crown pay us plenty of money each season - beggars cant be choosers. Do you do anything but moan JAL? You have to be a woman!!

Why? Crown do more than just the one colour Hughesy, or are they just taking the pish to spoil our famous shirt.

Always keep in touch with your feminine side Hughesy B)

The black brick of doom stands out more, therefore promoting Crown Paints in all their glory.

But yeah, can't believe people are paid to design some of these kits. A lot of us have done better with five minutes of Photoshop.

The black brick of doom stands out more, therefore promoting Crown Paints in all their glory.

But yeah, can't believe people are paid to design some of these kits. A lot of us have done better with five minutes of Photoshop.

1. 'Promoting Crown Paints in all their glory' That is what the pay hundreds of thousands if not millions of pounds for. It's called sponsorship. I'd rather have a local company across the front of our shirt than some insignificant Asian business. Crown is based about a mile away from our ground, and a lot of employee's from directors down to shop floor staff attend Rovers games week in week out. It is great for the club and the town that Crown sponsor Rovers. Dont forget, season ticket holders also get a discount off Crown paints.

2. The kit design is down to our sponsorship (there's that word again. Sponsorship = money for the club) deal with Umbro. You will notice a lot of teams are sponsored by Umbro and Umbro make only so many different kit designs to be printed in different teams colours. We had black and red halved away kit the season before last, this season Fulham chose to use it to. Next season Rangers have chosen the same design as our navy blue away kit but in red.

It is difficult for the sponsor's name to be clear on our kit with it being halved. Anything has got to be better than the Bet24 logo!!!

Personally, I would choose to have red writing with no background. That probably wouldn't suit the sponsors though. If my business was sponsoring a Premiership team then I would want the lettering as clear as possible too.

I don't see why the logo has to have the massive black rectangle on it, the logo can be just as clear without it:

rovershomemock.th.jpg

Even better with the red logo:

roversmockredlogo.th.jpg

Red on white is very difficult for some, like myself, to see. I don't understand what the problem is. The black logo looks absolutely fine and is a vast improvement on the Bet 24 logo.

Man City have switched to umbro and have just said that all there kits will be in the england mould. I.e. Umbro tailoring old school design. SO WHY THE BLOOMIN HECK HAVENT WE? I'D HAVE LOVED A RETRO!!!!!

Them kits have been on the bluemoon forum for a couple of weeks. Pale blue at home, Black & Gold away kit & white 3rd kit.

Man City have switched to umbro and have just said that all there kits will be in the england mould. I.e. Umbro tailoring old school design. SO WHY THE BLOOMIN HECK HAVENT WE? I'D HAVE LOVED A RETRO!!!!!

Err...how many do they and we expect to sell????

1. 'Promoting Crown Paints in all their glory' That is what the pay hundreds of thousands if not millions of pounds for. It's called sponsorship. I'd rather have a local company across the front of our shirt than some insignificant Asian business. Crown is based about a mile away from our ground, and a lot of employee's from directors down to shop floor staff attend Rovers games week in week out. It is great for the club and the town that Crown sponsor Rovers. Dont forget, season ticket holders also get a discount off Crown paints.

2. The kit design is down to our sponsorship (there's that word again. Sponsorship = money for the club) deal with Umbro. You will notice a lot of teams are sponsored by Umbro and Umbro make only so many different kit designs to be printed in different teams colours. We had black and red halved away kit the season before last, this season Fulham chose to use it to. Next season Rangers have chosen the same design as our navy blue away kit but in red.

It is difficult for the sponsor's name to be clear on our kit with it being halved. Anything has got to be better than the Bet24 logo!!!

Personally, I would choose to have red writing with no background. That probably wouldn't suit the sponsors though. If my business was sponsoring a Premiership team then I would want the lettering as clear as possible too.

Thanks for telling me what I already know. I was making the point that Crown Paints sponsor us, therefore their logo will be more prominent on the shirt, since they're advertising through Rovers.

And just because these companies are sponsoring us doesn't mean we have no right to criticize the standard of the kit.

Err...how many do they and we expect to sell????

I think we would sell an awful lot more if we went with the retro. It seems the style is what the majority of fans want and the Man City business team have seen an opportunity to maximize sales.

I wish they let us have a vote on the kit design like they did before.

Thanks for telling me what I already know. I was making the point that Crown Paints sponsor us, therefore their logo will be more prominent on the shirt, since they're advertising through Rovers.

And just because these companies are sponsoring us doesn't mean we have no right to criticize the standard of the kit.

There will be a financial implication to the kit choice also. To have the top package from Umbro, meaning the best designed/quality kits will come at a premium to clubs like Rovers. If Man City are being sponsored by Umbro, they will no doubt have gone for the top package with the best kits as they do not rely on the revenue of kit sales as much as a club like ours.

I appreciate what you were saying, it just came across or I maybe read it as you didn't understand the idea of sponsorships and kit deals. Apologies if I came across a bit harsh. I also appreciate that everybody is allowed their opinion and that is what this messagebopard is all about, it just annoy's me how Rovers fans complain so much. I've never known so many derogatory comments on the design of kits, and even people complaining about season tickets on another thread!!! with a bit of luck, Rovers may take these issues into account for the next choice of kit.

Maybe if there were more important issues, as in upping the price of season tickets or something along the lines of that we'd be moaning about that instead. I agree, the collar is not ideal, and the sponsor looks crap in black, but hey, let's all show our colours next season and get behind the lads!!!

I think we would sell an awful lot more if we went with the retro. It seems the style is what the majority of fans want and the Man City business team have seen an opportunity to maximize sales.

I wish they let us have a vote on the kit design like they did before.

I'd also have liked a retro styles kit, but as I am sure your aware they do also sell retro kits in the shop for us fans.

You're spot on, they should have put out a vote, I wonder if the fans forum had any input? Sorry if that's been mentioned previously.

Stop whining about the new home kit.

Just quoting this one as it was the last one I read, not calling out anyone in particularly.

The point of a thread is to voice your opinion about the Kit. If you don't like it, the whole point is to post about it. I quite like the mock ups that people make and while we know we have to say over what might happen this year or next, there's no denying that our fans forum has some pull in the club and if the right pair of eyes reads the complaints or sees the alturnitives offered, we might be seeing a retro type shirt...golf collar and all.

I don't see why the logo has to have the massive black rectangle on it, the logo can be just as clear without it:

rovershomemock.th.jpg

Even better with the red logo:

roversmockredlogo.th.jpg

Thats a lot better Stevo hope Hughesy approves :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Retro kits sell so well, you think the club would have put 2 and 2 together on this one. They've even now bothered to start selling them from the online shop, why not make the actual kit in that style? Makes no sense to me.

Retro kits sell so well, you think the club would have put 2 and 2 together on this one. They've even now bothered to start selling them from the online shop, why not make the actual kit in that style? Makes no sense to me.

Bought the 1978 retro from the club shop for the holiday. Blue & White Halves, no sponsor, red collar and resplendant Red Tudor Rose. Thats the Rovers shirt right there, Absolute CLASS! No improvement required.

Archived