BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 2009/10 Football Kit Thread

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is it that Athletico Bilbao's away kit is a better Rover's home shirt than what we're expected to wear???

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/09/10-...umbro-kits.html

:huh:

Wrong way round though!

From their website

n the first decade of the twentieth century, Athletic Club wore a blue and white strip, until 1910 when they finally opted for the red and white stripes they wear today. The second kit designed by Umbro for next season recovers this tradition and pays a tribute to those far-off pioneers of our Club.

The story goes that the blue and white kit was similar to the one worn by Blackburn Rovers, and that the final red and white strip was inspired on those worn by Sunderland FC and Southampton FC.

A century later, these three English teams and Athletic Club are reunited, thanks to Umbro, the firm that’ll be providing next season’s kits for all three clubs.

Hull released their new kits a few days ago. I personally am not too convinced with the home shirt, especially considering how thin the black stripes are.

New Hull Kits

That Bolton shirt is terrible by the way.

It's a Hull City tradition to alternate between stripes and plain shirts. This season was meant to be plain and is to an extent, but had pinstripes put on to keep up the marketing of the 'Tiger brand' in asia.

Wrong way round though!

From their website

I (as usual) didn't express myself properly. I meant that the AB away kit's lack of bells/whistles as compared to Rovers' current or even incoming kit make it a more appealing shirt. Granted the colors are flipped but it's 'plainess' looks quite a bit nicer, IMO.

cheers claire.

people over 21 look 'silly' while wearing blue and white?

Or any other football shirt. Just my opinion, but adults look a bit daft wearing them.

Mind you, the more Rovers shirts sold the better, as the club makes more money. Especially if one buys aforementioned tat from the club shop(s).

If you're really dedicated, you could get Zurab's surname on the back of your shirt! :tu:

EDIT - Footballers themselves and those individuals who wear shirts whilst playing fives/Sunday league hoofball don't look daft though - it's just that wearing one whilst not playing football is, well, a bit naff. That includes wearing one to the game.

As long as the shirt consists of blue and white halves, who gives a damn?

I don't buy 'em, and I believe that anybody over the age of 21 who does needs to have a long word with themself.

My vote for "The daftest comment of 2009 Award"

All the football players over 21 look daft aswell then eh? :rolleyes::lol:

Ritchie, a few more questions:

- Socks with sandals, faux pas or acceptable?

- Black socks with shorts, making an impression or mockery of fashion?

- White after labour day, myth or reality?

As long as the shirt consists of blue and white halves, who gives a damn?

I don't buy 'em, and I believe that anybody over the age of 21 who does needs to have a long word with themself.

Each to their own I suppose but I sort of agree. I left 21 behind quite some time ago :( and I dont bother.

I love my 1960 and 1975 retro tops though! :tu:

Ritchie, a few more questions:

- Socks with sandals, faux pas or acceptable?

- Black socks with shorts, making an impression or mockery of fashion?

- White after labour day, myth or reality?

Socks with sandals - no... just no.

Black socks with shorts - improves libido by 23%.

White after labour day - one for Bob Carolgees, mate.

Each to their own I suppose but I sort of agree. I left 21 behind quite some time ago :( and I dont bother.

I love my 1960 and 1975 retro tops though! :tu:

Exactly mate - each to their own.

Like I said, the popularity of them actually benefits the club, so that's the most important thing, I suppose.

Red on the collar, red numbering and blue socks. Just how it should be. A proper kit.

Why Crown insist on the ugly "black box" on the shirt is anyone's guess though. Are they colour blind? You'd hope not in their job.

red numbers are back! The jersey isnt as bad as last seasons!

I agree.

At least we have gone back to a shirt that is more in keeping with our traditional dark blue with strong red influences.

I think the trend this season is to go back to retro-looking shirts (look at the other teams' shirts) and I love it.

I reckon it's a proper Rovers kit. It's a hundred times better than last season's strip.

I've found one flaw with mine.

The shoulders are not right, it's not like it's too big or too small, the shoulder line doesn't feel right on my left side. I'm sure it will be fine as I usually always wear a jumper underneath.

The goalie shirt is actually quite nice, at first I thought ewwwwwww what is that but it looks like a goalie shirt, the design is exactly the same as Hull City's goalie shirt though.

I treated myself to the new training top, not the illuminous yellow, a nice blue and white on, looks very nice, nicer than the away shirt I reckon.

Archived