BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Portsmouth

Re MOTD

it started with "today we are concentrating on the battle to stay up. But first Liverpools visit to west ham"

'nuff said

match of the day been really poor for me lately

I've noticed they don't seem to comment on anything controversial anymore, for example andrews handball and did anyone see that horror tackle by the bolton player? (cant remember his name) that was very lucky to have not broken his ankle and they didnt say anything just showed a slow motion reply!!

Our game came off that we was very lucky to have beaten portsmouth, words like how lucky we were to have been gifted a penalty for the most blatent handball even riley couldnt have not given it.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed they don't seem to comment on anything controversial anymore, for example andrews handball and did anyone see that horror tackle by the bolton player? (cant remember his name) that was very lucky to have not broken his ankle and they didnt say anything just showed a slow motion reply!!

Our game came off that we was very lucky to have beaten portsmouth, words like how lucky we were to have been gifted a penalty for the most blatent handball even riley couldnt have not given it.

Eh? What game were you at?

I don't watch MOTD for Rovers any more - just to see the other team's results/goals. One of the great things about Sky Sports = Match Choice. Quite clear both on the day and a proper replay that we were the better team. For me MOTD seem to look at the teams on paper/reputation and decide who should win/should have won. Bobbins.

Btw, has anybody fathomed why Andrews got booked late in the first half? We were bewildered at the time and even the commentators couldn't explain it...

yes Hull would have to leather Man u without conceding AND win at Bolton.

Boro would have to win 3 and score at least 8 goals without conceding and hope Rovers hip a shedful and lose to Chelsea and WBA.

Barcodes would have to win all 3 and even if they did Boro couldnt catch us !

Sunderland need 2 wins and have chelsea to play last game.

So you can see the potential mathematics and all that....it will NEVER happen ina million years NOT even to our beloved BRFC who we know, always do the easythings the hard way.

Thanks for that. With our almost unique ability to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory I was still a bit worried. Will be relieved and pleased when I see that it is mathematically impossible though

I don't watch MOTD for Rovers any more - just to see the other team's results/goals. One of the great things about Sky Sports = Match Choice. Quite clear both on the day and a proper replay that we were the better team. For me MOTD seem to look at the teams on paper/reputation and decide who should win/should have won. Bobbins.

Btw, has anybody fathomed why Andrews got booked late in the first half? We were bewildered at the time and even the commentators couldn't explain it...

He got chopped down and didn't say thank you.

Ha ha - Looks like Gerrard is coming according to the picture- good report though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21345794/

You forget I'm a teacher and I am forever correcting the children's work! It's like the Arsenal shirts in Europe this week when the names don't begin with a capital letter!!

But that aside you are right - woooo hoooo!!!! We won!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel Hannah; I suffer in the same way. Still it is not QUITE as bad as people using "of" in place of "have".

Some good posts most of which I agree with. Liked Grizfoot's and Blue bloods match reviews. Just a couple of points I would like to make.

Agree that Nelson and Givet were excellent. Givet is really, very very good and we must sign him. It is so important to have a strong centre back pairing and his cover for left back is important too.

Great to see Benni up for it. He is a magnifcent talent. I just wish he would realise that he could and should be up amongst the top premiership goal scorers season after season and that many weeks he is underachieving.

I am liking Andrews more and more. He is no right back and doesn't have the positional sense for it. However, I get the impression that he has been asked to do a job, does it to the best of his ability and keeps himself in the right area as he is suppose to. He did show some nice touches later on in the match when he was in a more midfield position. I was surprised when reading the program how many games he has played for us and how many goals he has scored.

Thought we deserved to win. I thought again the team really put in a lot of effort and their performance was of great credit to them.

Finally we need to lay off the referees. People need to realise that the brain is not like a video recorder with the benefit of slow motion and instant replay. It is more like a computer which tries to make sense of what its going on. If we want a better standard of refereeing we need to introduce video technology like in rugby with reference to a fourth referee who can advise on controversial decisions.

I am liking Andrews more and more. He is no right back and doesn't have the positional sense for it. However, I get the impression that he has been asked to do a job, does it to the best of his ability and keeps himself in the right area as he is suppose to. He did show some nice touches later on in the match when he was in a more midfield position. I was surprised when reading the program how many games he has played for us and how many goals he has scored.

I used to give the kids my lad's team a rollocking for turning their backs on a shot or cross. Andrews gave away that penalty cos he turned his back on the player. I also saw two more both sold an outrageuos dummy on the edge of our pen area in the second half because they turned their backs to the Portsmouth player. Amateurish.

Thought we put in a good performance yesterday on the whole. Obviously, lots of improvement needed in various areas - but you can't question the players committment to the cause.

The atmosphere was good - fans in the darwen end certainly makes a difference. I do have one gripe though and that is the constant slating of pedersen whenver he gets the ball from certain fans in the bbe lower. To the 'fan' who shouted (the second pedersen got the ball)'run with it you f***ing w*****' you should be ashamed of your self. Oddly, I don't hear the same abuse whenever tugay or warnock send passes astray, which for warnock happened a lot yesterday. No-one deserves that sort of slagging off.

Some folks behind me were giving him stick as well. Unnecessary, and I told them so. Well done, Morten, for the goal and your input for the game. Thought everyone put in a shift, although Warnock's passing was not good I put it down to nerves.

Sorry, Riley had an agenda for yesterday's game right from the off with stupid officious game-destroying decisions. He was also, as usual, completely biased against us.

Did any really expect anything different?

Yet he gave us a penalty...

Just remind me again, who was that who also had an extremely dubious penalty that was missed?

So many teachers on here, will have to watch my spelling and grammer. Hahahaha. Im not sure why people think Diouf had a bad game. I thought he was involved in alot of the movement off the ball, and was good to see him inter changing with Gamst. Givet was outstanding, compared to Warnock yesterday.

Sorry, Riley had an agenda for yesterday's game right from the off with stupid officious game-destroying decisions. He was also, as usual, completely biased against us.

An odd display of refereeing. The first half was punctuated frequently by his damned interfering whistle but in the second half I thought he'd left it in the dressing room until he gave the penalty.

Has been comfortably in my bottom 3 referees for half a dozen years or so.

So many teachers on here, will have to watch my spelling and grammer. Hahahaha. Im not sure why people think Diouf had a bad game. I thought he was involved in alot of the movement off the ball, and was good to see him inter changing with Gamst. Givet was outstanding, compared to Warnock yesterday.

He's a shadow of his former self sadly - no pace whatsoever.. Still one of our better players, but that's a sad indictiment of the squad we currently have.

Guest Wen Y Hu
Just got back from the game. Echo the praise by all for Big Sam and the effort and team spirit in all the players.

Also,

Mokoena wearing pink boots. What the hell??????

Jeez, don't let AESF know!! (See his comments on Bendtner over on ICBINF... :lol: )

Game didn't finish till 1am local time and I was absolutely bouncing. Watching the telly with headphones on and shouting without making a sound. Difficult stuff.

Samba was absolutely immense. Especially first half where he took on the whole Portsmouth backline and battered them. He looked knackered about 70 minutes in, though. Awesome performance.

Sam's reaction at the end was brilliant, too.

The Sunday People said Peter Crouch was Pompey's best player. He did naff all.

Its very worrying when Crouch along with Pappa Diop are the type of players linked with Rovers - two lumbering donkeys.

Its very worrying when Crouch along with Pappa Diop are the type of players linked with Rovers - two lumbering donkeys.

A lumbering donkey who's scored 15 goals this season and who has a one in two ratio for England?

Don't worry about JAL TGM, he'll find fault in anything Rovers do.

We won, wuuwhooo! The night terrors are over. Slept like a log last night, though that could have been helped by a few pints of continental strength pop. Time to focus on buying some new players though. We won and I'll be forever grateful to the guys who put a shift in today but that being said we're in for the same kind of season next year unless we make some wholesale changes, some of the players just aren't up to it for me.

Sams had a good while to observe them in training and knows who to ship out, just need to make sure there's money available to ship in. We got a bit lucky yesterday truth be told.

Interesting snippet from a mate who's a neighbor of Robbo, seems he's only renting his house. Wonder why that would be if he's here for the long term? I don't know what it means, if anything, but I found it interesting anyway.

Archived