BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Portsmouth

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Rovers 2-0 Portsmouth :rover: we're safe now. Portsmouth didn't look a threat until the last 15 minutes, when we sat back and soaked up pressure fairly well. Thought we played pretty well, at times we had some good passing moves and we pressed Portsmouth even at 1-0 to ensure we got the all important 2nd goal. Penalty was harsh on Andrews, but justice was done by Utaka(I think) missing it. Utaka spurned a number of chances for them.

Great result! Let's wait for the usual suspects to lambast Big Sam again :rolleyes:

Didn't you say that last week or something. Get in Benni Mac :rover:

I wish i could say it every week lol. Good stuff from the guys today, and can feel a bit relaxed now. Im glad we didnt leave it for the last game, because it seems West Brom are going to fight for their survival.

Are we 100% safe now???

Not technically, but as good as.

GREAT RESULT. I'll hold my hands up: Samba was terrific up front, particularly the first-half. I obviously overrated the Pompey backline. I'm surprised Samba didn't get MOM, instead of McCarthy. Oh, and terrific goal-saving lunge by Nelsen.

I'm sure some people will be touching on the fact we let Pompey press us back, but let's remember the limits of the team Sam has inherited and how he's still managed to maximize their performances.

Another wrongful handball given against us. What is with that?

Lets take a moment to salute the Team and Big Sam for achieving our one and only objective. Premiership status. He now has to time to reflect on what he needs and what he doesn't . The bottom line is the team that sacked him are going down and we are staying up. He has motivated an injury ravaged squad to keep it simple and make it safe. Job done, thank you Sam and the Team.

We must get the job done today.

I don't fancy going to the Bridge needing to get something or leaving it to the last minute against wba.

3-0 Rovers, Pedersen to score!

Well it should of been 3 as I didn't see anything wrong with the Samba goal but who cares because we done the business today and we are staying up!

Overall, as some people said a bit of an improved performance, but lets be honest, it wasnt pretty on the eye.

Id like to see what Big Sam will do after a summer of working with us.

This season resembles the season Hughes had when he took over from Souness. It was more a fix it job.

Lets finish the season on a high with at least 3 more points.

first half very good from rovers, second half saw some real sloppy passing in particular from warnock, portsmouth could have nicked a couple on another day, no way that was a pen for them, glad the karma was working for us, little disappointed in diouf had loads of opportunities to really attack their left back and didnt really take any, top credit again to samba playing up front, even portsmouths heavyweight defense just could not handle him, thought our defense had a solid outing today also

Bolton had a great home record under Big Sam and I think we are beginning to see that possibly being replicated.

I think two things would be integral to make that happen. Filling the ground up like the last two games AND competing against the BIG FOUR.

Archived