BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Portsmouth

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Apparently no chances in 20 minutes thus far, awful game by all accounts. Phil Thompson said "the ball is moving around quickly, but there are no players with enough quality to control it under pressure." Don't normally agree with much of what he says, but he's spot on there. Quality is something we are absolutely devoid of - hence why we have to use Sam's long-ball style tactics, suppose.

• Backroom

Sounds like Sunderland are having a hell of a game at Bolton. If they can get a win there, we beat Portsmouth and Hull scrape a win against Stoke then Newcastle and Boro will be practically beyond saving.

Sounds like Sunderland are having a hell of a game at Bolton. If they can get a win there, we beat Portsmouth and Hull scrape a win against Stoke then Newcastle and Boro will be practically beyond saving.

Also, if those results happen, it will mean we go up to 12th in the league. It has been ages since we been that high!!

Keep it going boys and lets get this vital win!

Agree. Its what im hoping for as well. Would be another great weekend for us. Newcastle and Boro to draw Monday will be the icing on the cake :-)

Witnessing rubbish football recently and this is no different. When you watch a team like Barcelona do what it does, then you wonder are we playing the same sport!

At any rate, we are up 1-0 but there is nothing in this match. The Premier League has so many poor teams this season, and the difference in class between the better teams and the rest is immense.

Hopefully, we get the win today and stay up and then there has to be big changes over the summer to present something close to football in August, otherwise, I doubt season ticket holders will pay even a pound to watch it.

Samba's been good. Grella has given the ball away far too many times. No other comments to be honest...Hopefully we see a bit of Carlos today.

Witnessing rubbish football recently and this is no different. When you watch a team like Barcelona do what it does, then you wonder are we playing the same sport!

At any rate, we are up 1-0 but there is nothing in this match. The Premier League has so many poor teams this season, and the difference in class between the better teams and the rest is immense.

Hopefully, we get the win today and stay up and then there has to be big changes over the summer to present something close to football in August, otherwise, I doubt season ticket holders will pay even a pound to watch it.

Samba's been good. Grella has given the ball away far too many times. No other comments to be honest...Hopefully we see a bit of Carlos today.

Huh, ineresting. I feel we are doing a much better do of passing the ball around. And i think Grella has done alright, Warnock has given the ball away the most.

Nowhere near as poor a footballing performance as some games recently.

Samba has been great again.

ps. Isn't some joker going to have to count every blade of grass in Ewood now because MGP scored?

Huh, ineresting. I feel we are doing a much better do of passing the ball around. And i think Grella has done alright, Warnock has given the ball away the most.

ps. Isn't some joker going to have to count every blade of grass in Ewood now because MGP scored?

Agree.

I actually find that Grella has been very good at both passing and breaking up portsmouth's play.

In attack Samba, Benni and Diouf have all three been good.

Andrews has done some good stuff too.

Yahoo has Grella with 17 accurate passes and 3 bad.

The main offenders are Gamst (8 and 9) and Benni (10 and 6). You can always make the argument they're playing in tougher positions to complete passes of course, still from watching the game and seeing the stats I've no problem with Grella or anyone for that matter. Samba been a standout, Diouf has made some good runs, no poor players in the first half.

The same Barcelona team that didnt manage a shot on goal for most of the match on Wednesday?

The same Barcelona team, that has Henry, Eto'o, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta? A team that have spent millions on players? Sweet lol

Yahoo has Grella with 17 accurate passes and 3 bad.

The main offenders are Gamst (8 and 9) and Benni (10 and 6). You can always make the argument they're playing in tougher positions to complete passes of course, still from watching the game and seeing the stats I've no problem with Grella or anyone for that matter. Samba been a standout, Diouf has made some good runs, no poor players in the first half.

I can't believe what I am seeing on here in the last two posts. Listening to Phil Thopson on SSN he has it as the most boring match of all time, bar none. He even went to sleep and had to wakened up by Geoff Stelling who caught him snoring. I kid you not.

I can't believe what I am seeing on here in the last two posts. Listening to Phil Thopson on SSN he has it as the most boring match of all time, bar none. He even went to sleep and had to wakened up by Geoff Stelling who caught him snoring. I kid you not.

Well I am watching this one, and I have watched many of our matches this season, and it's far from our worst game in terms of style of play and effort. Not our best either mind you, but certainly not worthy of falling asleep on.

regardless of what sky pundits are yapping about its quite an entertaining match, rovers have played some good stuff not all long ball either, some nice passing going on, i havent the slightest bit of interest what any pundits impression of rovers is , if thompson doesnt like it he can always go and powder his nose for 45 mins he might be able to get round half of it!!

That goal should have stood, Campbell and Samba were all over each other. Benefit of the doubt always seems to go to the defender.

All Rovers in the second half, we're passing through the midfield quite well actually, for a change.

Archived