BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Portsmouth

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't the example supporters should be setting. I think safety is more or less assured too but I'm aiming for 2 wins out of the next 3. I would be unhappy with anything less than that.

I thought the :unsure: might have given it away.

NewsEXTRA COACH FOR BLACKBURN TRIP

An extra coach is being laid on for Pompey’s trip to Blackburn due to demand.

Prices have been reduced and seats can be booked at just £28 for adults and £20 for children under 16.

All under 16s must travel with an adult.

Saturday's Ewood Park clash kicks off at 3pm.

A win for the Blues will secure their Premier League status for another season.

To book contact the club’s oficial coach travel provider, Lucketts Travel, on 0845 389 1698. Click on the link below to book online.

They are bringing 2 coaches !!

NewsEXTRA COACH FOR BLACKBURN TRIP

An extra coach is being laid on for Pompey’s trip to Blackburn due to demand.

Prices have been reduced and seats can be booked at just £28 for adults and £20 for children under 16.

All under 16s must travel with an adult.

Saturday's Ewood Park clash kicks off at 3pm.

A win for the Blues will secure their Premier League status for another season.

To book contact the club’s oficial coach travel provider, Lucketts Travel, on 0845 389 1698. Click on the link below to book online.

They are bringing 2 coaches !!

Seem to remember their supporters when they first came up slating Rovers support at Fratton Park, when on more than one occassion they hadnt even managed to bring more than 150 supporters to at least TWO midweek games I can recall.

Play up Pompey because no ones watching.

Excellent news, Roberts and McCarthy it must be, simple 4-4-2, everyone in their correct position, no square pegs, round holes, make shift doodaas or temporary wotsits. Just simple straight forward tactics, formation and line up, and let our boys earn the win to ensure our safety. No ###### about.

I hope so.

However I can just as easily see benni back on the bench with Roberts alone up-front.

Is Roberts fit enough to start, though??

Hoping for a Rovers win and 40 points at the end.

0-0 draw would be good for both teams. but i think we might just grab it near the end with big chris getting the vital winner.

team should be

Robbinson

Oojier Nelson Samba Givet

Diouf Grella Warnock Gamst

Benni Roberts if fit if not carlos

I can see this being a very frustrating afternoon for Rovers with little creativity and movement up front. We could really do with Roberts playing up front with McCarthy, as the pair have worked really well together at times this season (December and January time especially), and Roberts will also give Rovers the drive and determination which we need to get the three points.

Prediction:

Rovers 1-1 Portsmouth

My team would be:

Robinson

Ooijer Samba Nelsen Givet

Diouf Andrews Warnock Pedersen

McCarthy Roberts

Still not sure of Grella, so I would play Andrews in central midfield with Warnock.

Have you seen pompy play recently? They will be trying to swamp our midfield with crouch on his own up top. With Nugent slipping probably into a five man midfield either on the left or right. Wouldn't be surprised if Glen Johnson plays on the other wing knowing the distinct lack of pace we provide when attacking. I would suggest this is going to be a nil nil. Samba will be null and void upfront and hopefully roberts will be back so we can stick him up top and really have a go.

They played that way at first against Arsenal and did absolutely nothing. Later on they brought Kanu and Utaka on and played more like a 4-3-3. They had Arsenal in all sorts of trouble at the end playing in the more adventurous style.

Hopefully they'll revert to type and go with the 5 in midfield again. You can always count on bloody Kanu to score against us !

I hope so.

However I can just as easily see benni back on the bench with Roberts alone up-front.

Is Roberts fit enough to start, though??

I'm sure it said on Radio Lancs last night that Roberts will be unfit.

What about Roque, is he fit?

Yes. What is happening with RSC? Is he with the team or still in Germany? I would think by now he would be back on the pitch at least getting a run in? Maybe he will be available in our final 2 matches? Dreamin?

Archived