BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Portsmouth

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah me too why can't we just be told fit or unfit.

A battling game (Roberts may have been useful here damn!) think Rovers will nick it 2-1 with McCarthy scoring both or one and Andrews or Diouf scrambling one.

Without Roberts:

Robinson

Ooijer--Nelsen--Givet--Warnock

Diouf--Andrews--Grella--Pedersen

McCarthy--Samba

I'd prefer Andrews as an impact sub (it worked well against West Ham and City, anyway), but unless Tugay is fighting fit we don't have many other options.

I hope we start with Tugay and leave Andrews for the second half . Unbelievable , but the old fella would still be my first name on the midfield sheet ....

Is Roberts still not back?!?! He and Cruz have really let us down when it most matters. Get yourself fit for crying out loud. And then next season of course he'll want to start when we have other options. Doesn't work like that, Jason.

Not saying it's his fault, but last season he wanted to leave because he wasn't getting picked. If you're going to be injured for periods like this, you've got to accept your place on the bench when the manager decides. You owe it to the club.

Is Roberts still not back?!?! He and Cruz have really let us down when it most matters. Get yourself fit for crying out loud. And then next season of course he'll want to start when we have other options. Doesn't work like that, Jason.

Are you completely mad? The medical staff have said Roberts is not ready to return yet. If we went against their advice and the bone broke again, he would be in serious trouble.

Just don't know how to call todays game. The way we're playing I don't expect anything these days. I don't think playing Samba up front is working, and with Campbell and Distin playing I can't see us getting much joy with the high ball today. Trouble is we have no plan B, it's galling to have Derbyshire back in the U.K. and be unable to play him, who thought that rule up !

I watched the Portsmouth/Arsenal game and once Portsmouth went to a more attacking system than their initial 4-5-1 they created all sorts of problems for Arsenal. I suppose a lot will depend on how much Portsmouth want to win this game. After all a draw will probably suit both teams. If we want anything at all we'll have to play with the same level of commitment and intensity that won us the Wigan game.

I really hope we don't play Samba up front today. Like I said before, Campbell and Distin will relish that sort of challenge, and we need the height at the back to deal with Crouch.

That said, I imagine Samba will remain up front.

Nor does it work like that, Mr E. :wstu:

Not saying it's his fault, but last season he wanted to leave because he wasn't getting picked. If you're going to be injured for periods like this, you've got to accept your place on the bench when the manager decides. You owe it to the club.

do u come from Mars or something, stop talking rubbish, If Roberts was fit he would love to be in the team trying to get us the three points against Pompey. Its not his fault he is injured FFS.

Just don't know how to call todays game. The way we're playing I don't expect anything these days. I don't think playing Samba up front is working, and with Campbell and Distin playing I can't see us getting much joy with the high ball today. Trouble is we have no plan B, it's galling to have Derbyshire back in the U.K. and be unable to play him, who thought that rule up !

I suppose a lot will depend on how much Portsmouth want to win this game. After all a draw will probably suit both teams. If we want anything at all we'll have to play with the same level of commitment and intensity that won us the Wigan game.

Agree with all of this. If Portsmouth aren't bothered (and why should they be - a draw is all they need why risk it) then rovers have a good chance. However, I feel Samba will struggle up front vs those two but we don't have any other options.

Hopefully a full-ish (or fuller) ewood park will spur the lads on to another 3 points and safety.

Ooijer injured, Andrews in.

Robinson, Andrews, Nelsen ©, Givet, Warnock, Diouf, Grella, Tugay, Pedersen, Samba, McCarthy.

Subs: Bunn (GK), Khizanishvili, Mokoena, Villanueva, Treacy, Olsson, Doran.

PORTSMOUTH: James, Kaboul, Johnson, Mullins, Hreidarsson, Crouch, Distin, Hughes, Campbell ©, Davis, Belhadj.

Archived