BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't we conclude that the "hasn't scored any goals in the Premier League" - thing was a case of Chinese whispers?

Oh, I don't know. Even it was said it could have meant they haven't scored lots of goals in the Premier League, so Morientes would still count. I can't see it being him though, I can't see how he and Roque could play in the same team. It does seem like an Allardyce type signing though, you're right.

Didn't we conclude that the "hasn't scored any goals in the Premier League" - thing was a case of Chinese whispers?

Having had a scan through his posts since it was originally mentioned, and I can see no reference to "hasn't scored in the PL"

Canadian unfortunately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Jackman :unsure:

Just another thought for those still guessing -

I think some people are guessing people that are out of contract, but that really doesn't fit what nicko has said about 'no-one knowing he's available' and us 'agreeing a deal with the club but the player not being aware of the interest'.

We wouldn't need to talk to the club of any player that was out of contract.

I think some people are guessing people that are out of contract, but that really doesn't fit what nicko has said about 'no-one knowing he's available' and us 'agreeing a deal with the club but the player not being aware of the interest'.

Yep, thats being missed too.

He also made a comment about most of our business being done abroad "from what he's heard" so I think a youngish foreigner, possibly needs a Work Permit, a name that wont be hugely impressive but someone that has one or two attributes that suggest they'll be a big asset, ie pace to burn or tall, strong, great in the air.

It must be Luca Toni.

When I saw the title to this thread I thought what a load of rubbish...

...12 pages I'm well up for guessing too!

This guy isn't going to cost mooney - especially if it's a before Rocky goes deal.

Has the original Ronaldo suddenly lost weight and got fit? Trademark Allardyce rescue act

Has Adriano decided he wants to play football yet? Another trademark Allardyce rescue act

This is going to be a star that has lost his way and Sam is going to save him. Around 28 - 30. Out of contract or out of the team. Probably in some obscure league and off the radar.

Ronaldo has got fitter and has been scoring goals back in Brazil again, 10 in 14 to help them win a trophy, not sure if it was league or cup. He's said recently of his desire to play at the 2010 world cup

So there is defintely been worse guesses than him on here, according to wikipedia he is currently linked to Bayern Munich and Everton, don't know how accurate that is, not very I doubt!

Adriano has just signed a one year deal with Flamengo so I doubt it's him.

Rivaldo meanwhile now 37 has been banging them in left right and center at a ratio of about 2 every 3 games for the last 3 years out in Greece and now with Bunyodokor. Although pretty sure he gets paid one hell of a lot at Bunyodor.

Please Read:

By the way last night I posted a big post about how nowhere on all the threads has nicko mentioned whether or not he has scored or played in the premier league, that was just chinese whispers, can people please pay attention to this, if anyone can prove me wrong and find a link to where nicko said it I'll shut up but after an hour or so of checking all of his posts he makes no mention of it himself.

Having had a scan through his posts since it was originally mentioned, and I can see no reference to "hasn't scored in the PL"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Jackman :unsure:

Right, so Hugh Jackman is Australian. The character Wolverine is Canadian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)

Wolverine played a good holding midfielder in the 1950s, but his game's gone massively downhill since he started smoking those cigars. :rover:

Nicko said one hurdle to overcome, he said nothing about the Player not knowing!!

Nicko said one hurdle to overcome, he said nothing about the Player not knowing!!

I'm sure he wont mind me saying this (he seems to be loving the frenzy he's created) but Nicko has mentioned about the player not knowing to one or two members by PM I believe.

I'm sure he wont mind me saying this (he seems to be loving the frenzy he's created) but Nicko has mentioned about the player not knowing to one or two members by PM I believe.

He definitely posted that in one of the topics anyway, I haven't received any PMs on it. It was something like the deal was pretty much done with the club but the player hadn't been informed, but nicko didn't expect he would object to the move.

I'm fairly sure that was one of the first things he said, although this thing seems to have been going on forever now so I could be wrong there.

So the guy doesn't know....is that the "small hurdle"? Could be a very big one if he's not interested!

Maybe we're going to kidnap him....

He definitely posted that in one of the topics anyway, I haven't received any PMs on it. It was something like the deal was pretty much done with the club but the player hadn't been informed, but nicko didn't expect he would object to the move.

I'm fairly sure that was one of the first things he said, although this thing seems to have been going on forever now so I could be wrong there.

Don't remember seeing it when I scanned his posts earlier.

Either way, it was a couple of weeks ago so I would imagine the player (and agent) knows by now. Infact thats possibly the reason he's worried about someone else printing the story before him.

It's a scary world how deals are done these days, I hope the player does turn out to be interested in us!! You'd think he'b be one of the first to know to see whether or not it's worth doing a deal, surely he knows by now?? Imagine the conversation with the manager

Mr X - Alright boss, so what's the plans for the season?

Manager- Well we plan to challenge for trophies this year.....

Mr X - Sounds great, can't wait

Manager - Hmm about that, did I not mention?.........

Mr X - Mention what?

Manager - You're off to the premiership

Mr X - Really? Sounds great, who is it, Liverpool? Man Utd? Spurs? Everton?

Manager- Ummmm, Blackburn Rovers.....

Mr X - Who?

Manager - Get your coat, sign here please, tata lad!

Mr X - Oh fiddlesticks what do I do now?

Manager - What we do every day Mr X, plan to take over the world! Bwahahahahaha

Okay so I got a little off course towards the end but I find it pretty shocking that these deals go on without the player knowing, probably the reasons for the hush hush of the deal though, if it falls through then his current club won't want him knowing that they tried to send him to Rovers and didn't really want to keep him.

Archived