SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the hell do we do if all three fall through?! Mr???? :lol:

See below :)

I think you might run out of letters with all your secret players. Here are three additional Norwegian letters which comes after Z: Æ - Ø - Å

;)

It does mention that he is already in negotiations with us though.....

Yeh I saw that, but one of nicko's very first reponses were that we are after better than Zaki, so perhaps Zaki is Mr Z or perhaps someone guessed it so early nicko threw us a curve ball? Perhaps we want to sign his twin brother that lit up the premier league in the first half of the season, not that moany unproffesional idiot that finished the season with them.

Then we get desperate and go for.....

Mr Greedy (Owen), Mr Mischief (Barton), Mr Small (Martins), Mr Forgetful (Ameobi), Mr Slow (Butt)

i see you edited your mistake

but they can both alternate at being mr greedy

Mr X himself is here - Nicko have they beaten you to it???

Mate I really hope you're joking. The whole mystery striker thing only started because someone posted a link to Zaki and Nicko said we were "after better than him".

It's a scary world how deals are done these days

In fairness thats exactly the way its supposed to be done. We are only allowed to interface with the club until they accept our terms and give us permission. Anything else is tapping up.

Agreed though, seems weird that anyone sticks to it......

Mate I really hope you're joking. The whole mystery striker thing only started because someone posted a link to Zaki and Nicko said we were "after better than him".

In fairness thats exactly the way its supposed to be done. We are only allowed to interface with the club until they accept our terms and give us permission. Anything else is tapping up.

Agreed though, seems weird that anyone sticks to it......

I know we can't talk to the player until a fee is agreed but you'd think if the club are willing to sell him they'd inform the player that we are interested in him, seems like a waste of time if everything is put into place and then the player simply says nah, don't fancy it.

One name who isn't on the list as not being mentioned is Huuntelaar, only reason I'm thinking him is because someone mentioned that Real signing Ronaldo and Kaka may have kick started something off. There's an article on skysports at the moment that he has fallen down the pecking order after the potential signings and the return of Van Nistelrooy.

Obviously we couldn't afford him but I guess a loan for a year isn't completley out of the question, but surely there would be other clubs ahead of us in the pecking order, plus why would Coyle have been looking at him, I think I've pretty much just talked myself out of it being him!! Ah well people can dream can't they!

Unless its a forgone conclusion that he will be interested?

That's true, I guess if you think about someone like Givet who is no doubt a good player but had fallen out with the coach, was probably willing to move anywhere given his current situation, the striker could be a similiar sort of deal, someone who has done well previously but is now out of favour at his current club and therefore would be willing to go anywhere more or less if the deal is right.

You make a good point.

Yep, thats being missed too.

He also made a comment about most of our business being done abroad "from what he's heard" so I think a youngish foreigner, possibly needs a Work Permit, a name that wont be hugely impressive but someone that has one or two attributes that suggest they'll be a big asset, ie pace to burn or tall, strong, great in the air.

It must be Luca Toni.

I think you might be onto something here...

That's true, I guess if you think about someone like Givet who is no doubt a good player but had fallen out with the coach, was probably willing to move anywhere given his current situation, the striker could be a similiar sort of deal, someone who has done well previously but is now out of favour at his current club and therefore would be willing to go anywhere more or less if the deal is right.

I'm thinking more someone young, in a smaller league than the Prem at a smaller club than Rovers. And likely to go in to our first 11. Therefore, would be crazy not to want the move.

Archived