BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sylvian Ebanks Blake for the mystery striker?

Coyle may have been interested in him at one point, however, with Wolves just being promoted I can't see him switching clubs. Mind you anything can happen in football these days!

He's not leaving wolves, and surely he'd be out of our budget, he's english and they'll want top dollar just like they did with Knight.

Can we not just give up with guessing 'Mr. X' now? Nicko won't tell anyone if they get it right so it's just going to be an endless suggestion of names which are getting more silly by the day. It doesn't help that people seem to have forgotten half the clues, I don't think anyone would rate Simon Cox above Kevin Kuranyi!

its hard to guess this striker..

1 hes better then kevin kurayni

2 burnley was interested before..

its hard to imagine kevin kuranyi himself being linked with burnley never mind the mystery striker is supposed to be better...

i rate kurayni highly so for me this striker should be very good...

with allardyce after so many french players maybe its that Bafétimbi Gomis from saint etienne who was linked to many english clubs - ive never seen him tho so couldnt judge if he is better then kurayni..

has anyone guessed at the Mr X mystery striker as being Simon Cox from Swindon ?!?!?!

People are really just picking names out of thin air, we have been given all the clues!!

Mr X is a 'very good' player capable of going straight into our first 11, a first 11 which on their day contains some of the best strikers in the league! Mr. X is also considered by Nicko as better than Germany international striker Kevin Kuranyi!

Now, how this equates to Simon Cox or any other Championship striker is beyond me!! Barring, maybe, Kevin Doyle or michael owen.

Mr. X is, in my opinion, is at a top club but is currently not in the starting line up! whether that be a young/old player or someone who has fallen out of favour with the coach

Sylvian Ebanks Blake for the mystery striker?

Coyle may have been interested in him at one point, however, with Wolves just being promoted I can't see him switching clubs. Mind you anything can happen in football these days!

why are people intent on guessing?

It's not helping!

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Best to wait and see what happens! Nicko isn't going to say who he reckons it is (certainly not until the time is right) and the less said about it the better if you ask me. By the sounds of it he could be a decent player, so the last thing we need is our interest being publicised and other clubs with more money to spend are alerted.

"Good things come to those who wait".

It's been ages since I've posted on here so have missed out on most of Nicko's clues apart those mentioned by Moz above. As such I'm not sure if this name has been mentioned before but I've just thought of this lad again, supposedly he was going to single handly bring the Dingles up - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Carrusca

It's been ages since I've posted on here so have missed out on most of Nicko's clues apart those mentioned by Moz above. As such I'm not sure if this name has been mentioned before but I've just thought of this lad again, supposedly he was going to single handly bring the Dingles up - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Carrusca

There was talk about him last night on claretta mad last night.

IMO Nope.

Guest benmaxwell
Rej Volpato.

How anyone so young could play for so many different teams is beyond me...

My guess even though i doubt it's him: Haven't the foggiest who it is, but wish we had the clout to put in a offer for Givanildo Vieira de Souza (Hulk)...

i am going to have a guess and go for David Healy, i know he is not a big star, but i think he is better then Derbyshire. I hope i am wrong and we get a better player, but from the clues that Nicko has been giving to us over the last couple of weeks or so, i think he fits the bill. Won't Cost much, better then Derbyshire, will score goals and Burnley might of been intrested in him not so long ago!!!

Eidur Gudjohnsson.

I know the Owen Coyle link is stretching it a bit, but then Rovers did go for (and get) Steve Archibald when we were in the old Div 2 (OK I know we had Jack's money just coming into the club and Burnley have bugger all). Just a hunch.. mentioned elsewhere and just sort of resonated with me. Big Sam link, would walk into the team, not in the Prem and maybe available (Barca president already promising big name signings so even further down the pecking order).

Archived