BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

Agreed :(

Vela would have been my guess originally, but he's been mentioned several times now, so can't be the mystery man.

The trouble with stupid guessing games is that it builds everyone's hopes up. The fact that we can sign him even if no one leaves, and that Coyle gave him the once over, has always implied young and cheap with potential. The lad's a Derbyshire replacement, not a Ronaldo replacement.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact that we can sign him even if no one leaves, and that Coyle gave him the once over, has always implied young and cheap with potential. The lad's a Derbyshire replacement, not a Ronaldo replacement.

Exactly, agree with every word. There are going to be a lot of disappointed people on here if it goes through I imagine, people seem to have lost track of what kind of signing this is.

These bigger names might come into contention if Roque goes, but until then we don't need to buy an excellent target man type striker. Perhaps more to the point, we can't afford to.

The trouble with stupid guessing games is that it builds everyone's hopes up. The fact that we can sign him even if no one leaves, and that Coyle gave him the once over, has always implied young and cheap with potential. The lad's a Derbyshire replacement, not a Ronaldo replacement.

Although Nicko did say that he would walk into our starting XI and that he is better than Kevin Kuranyi.

Although Nicko did say that he would walk into our starting XI and that he is better than Kevin Kuranyi.

A better BUY than Kuranyi. This lad is a free, or close enough - Kuranyi is £10m+.

I also seem to recall nicko doesn't rate Kuranyi.

Hope its Wagner Love, havent got a clue how good or bad the guy is, but wouldnt it be great to have Love on the back of your shirt ?

All you need is Lov.e

£18m.

Which would indicate he's played here, wouldn't you say? :rolleyes:

And with a single swipe about 10 pages of this thread have become redundant.

Not necessarily. Although it does open up the possibility of someone who's been on the fringes of a Prem club and left to play abroad at a young age. Like Rossi, although obviously not him as he'd be far too expensive.

The other is Mister Y who is a bit more difficult and would cost money...and hasn't got his own thread.

Once Mr X is revealed I can just change the topic name to Mr Y and the same guesses will come up all over again! And thus continues the cycle of life. :xmas:

And with a single swipe about 10 pages of this thread have become redundant.

Given he said it quite a while back they have always been redundant. I'm just amused at how many times Luci Toni gets a mention.

I find it so hard to believe, that a player worth his salt, has still not been linked anywhere else.

His club must surely by now have spoke with the player and his agent, if we have at least got an agreement with the club to speak with the player, at which point no agent keeps his gob shut.

Unless it is about to come to that stage and why nicko is about to end this topic.

Well, early in this thread i said I felt this player was playing in an english speaking league, I have tried to assess quality, technically ability, workrate and goalscoring ability,then most importantly the cost to the club in transfer fees or loan.

Then there is the Coyle link, I looked at the scottish leagues which I felt was the clue and someone who was around when Coyle was here, someone who is not playing regularly but who i think is quite decent!! Not a Santa replacement but a Derbs replacement!!

The Spaniard Novo of Rangers anybody ??

How is nugent better than kuranyi!!!!Some of the suggestions are so ridiculous

Nugent is far more realistic than most of the suggestions, it is going to be someone like him.

You have to remember it is purely nicko's opinion that he is better than Kuranyi - and he considers Alexander a better player than Tugay. Not saying he can't judge a player but he does so with tongue firmly in cheek sometimes...

Coyle having tried to sign the player rules out 99% of guesses here, whereas it's not inconceivable that he tried to take Nugent on loan or whatever. Also remember we have virtually no money and we are looking to reduce the wage bill.

Hasnt scored in the premiership

What was the exact quote? I've had a search but can't find it.

Come to think of it, can someone provide a brief summary of the facts Nicko has provided on Mr X's identity? I was sure I was right with Guiza... :angry2:

FFS everyone is saying... oh no he has been mentioned loads he's not the mystery striker... and nicko hasn't said it is anyone off these yet...

well believe it or not he is not going to until the deal actually happens !! if hes not going to tell you on the official transfer thread then he isnt going to tell on here... this is justt to keep everyone quiet and busy for a few weeks until a deal is finalised ! !

I was sure I was right with Guiza... :angry2:

How on earth can we afford a Spanish international striker who cost 14 million Euros less than a year ago?

The clues are something like Coyle tried to sign him, not a bank breaker, good enough for the first team but needs work, no-one knows he's available, imaginative. I think I'm right in saying it's not a loan either.

If everyones having a guess, I'll go for Nugent. Probably been mentioned already?

I'd like us to sign Nugent as I've written before. Sam will give him his confidence back and where better than in his home area(almost!)? Sam did it with Davis and Robbo so it would be a real winner.

How on earth can we afford a Spanish international striker who cost 14 million Euros less than a year ago?

The clues are something like Coyle tried to sign him, not a bank breaker, good enough for the first team but needs work, no-one knows he's available, imaginative. I think I'm right in saying it's not a loan either.

Guiza is unsettled in Turkey, the manager who signed him has been sacked and given Nicko described the deal as "imaginative" I thought it might be a loan-with-a-view, or even a part-exchange deal. Guiza is by no means the worst or most unrealistic stab in the dark on this thread. (Luca Toni?)

I've searched through all of Nicko's post since the start of May and can't find half the details you're alluding to there - I presume much of this "information" was revealed via PMs?

Archived