BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko, you must be laughing at us or is it even fun any more?

I think it is great entertainment - much better than watching an empty manager's chair at Wigan.

One or two things are coming together that make me think I can mention the name over the weekend.

Think it is at the stage where saying who it is won't harm the deal.

You will see why.

In the meantime, keep having stabs....NOBODY has got it yet [apart from the PMer].

I think it is great entertainment - much better than watching an empty manager's chair at Wigan.

One or two things are coming together that make me think I can mention the name over the weekend.

Think it is at the stage where saying who it is won't harm the deal.

You will see why.

In the meantime, keep having stabs....NOBODY has got it yet [apart from the PMer].

Is it Luca Toni?

Oh alright then I might as well join in this madhouse too. I know a player that fits every one of Nicko's clues except for one and for that one alone I know it can't be him, so I will reveal his name after I have given you lot a few more guesses at his name.

The player concerned is an international and scores goals for fun. He is also skilled in holding the ball and making chances for others as well. He is still playing in Scotland, and Coyle did try to sign him when he was managing St. Johnstone. The only problem is his age; he is now 32 or 33 and is currently a player-manager himself.

Let's see if any of you wise guys guess that one. Nicko is not allowed to guess as he wil know right away who I am thinking of.

Just joining in for the fun of it.

My guess is the man with what must be the longest name in football - Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.

Sneaky ploy to up the club's finances through shirt printing!

I have it on good authority that it's Freddy Adu, the hold-up is that no-one seems to know where he is.

At the moment he's with the US squad in South Africa for the Conferedations Cup

Technically Adu is owned by Benfica, although he was on loan to AS Monaco last year, where he spent considerably little time actually playing in matches

doubt it, although this would give him a chance to make a squad - just turned 20 but still only around 5'9" or so

Frankly, as much as I can't stand him as a person, Landon Donovan would be a better shout

has pace, can cross, take free kicks, and has a habit of scoring goals

spent 3 months on loan at Bayern Munich this year as striker # 4

knew there were other transfer rumours about him before he took the German route

whether or not they included Coyle, couldn't tell you

of course, all Americans should be ignored because aside from the few that end up at Man Ure, they all go to Fulham....

• Backroom
I have it on good authority that it's Freddy Adu, the hold-up is that no-one seems to know where he is.

I was gonna say this, did he go to Benfica and never quite achieved what was expected when he was 15 or so?

What Nicko nobody has guessed, so its not Nonda or Jimmy corbett? My dreams are shattered.

I think i know who it is now, the world class striker Dino Baggio.

The player concerned is an international and scores goals for fun. He is also skilled in holding the ball and making chances for others as well. He is still playing in Scotland, and Coyle did try to sign him when he was managing St. Johnstone. The only problem is his age; he is now 32 or 33 and is currently a player-manager himself.

Let's see if any of you wise guys guess that one. Nicko is not allowed to guess as he wil know right away who I am thinking of.

Is it Jason Scotland? Is he the new Swansea boss? <_<

Archived