BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr T (trialist) Guessing Game

5th choice over Gallagher.

Sell Gallagher for the fee that is being banded about (£1.6m) - and probably get Ellington in for the same, if not less wages.

Hoilett wont be used as a striker this season, he will be used more from wide im sure.

As for a loan - can we take another loan from an English team?!

I always thought you could have two loans from two premiership teams each season.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see the point in signing Ellington. We have the necessary four decent strikers in Kalinic, Di Santo, McArthay and Roberts.

Why is that not enough? Can we not use Hoillet, Gallagher or Marshall if we are in a real emergency?

Hope his trial goes badly...

I just don't see the point in signing Ellington. We have the necessary four decent strikers in Kalinic, Di Santo, McArthay and Roberts.

You're right, five is too much. Surely that suggests that Sam is happy to let one of Roberts or McCarthy go if he can find a cheap replacement? I've been saying since the start of the window that I don't think McCarthy will be here in September, I'm going to stick with that theory. We just can't afford to pay the level of wages they'll be on to be 4th choice, we need a cheap-and-cheerful player to do that. If Ellington can do it, so be it.

I know Di Santo is only here until January, but I'm 99% sure that we'll end up playing 4-5-1/4-3-3, regardless of what we're doing in pre-season (which I'm attributing to there being two central midfielders fit). When we do that, Kalinic, Roberts and someone like Ellington would be fine fighting over one spot.

Nicko has said Sam is turning his attentions to a creative central player now, as soon as he is bagged then I think we'll see his preferred formation played every week.

Right we've had youtube footage for all of our foreign purchases. How about a look at the quality shown in a couple of these goals. There are two really nice finishes right at the start. Both well outside the area.

Its sack the board time again if Rovers sign Nathan what does that mean? Ellington, its Robbie Fowler all over again.

'Sack the board!' screams JAL everytime something happens he seems to think may be a little negative (in his view of course).

It gets old. It's boring and you know what? Nobody really cares what you say as soon as you utter those three words.

Why, ffs, should the board get sacked if the manager wants to sign a player you don't particularly care about?

Ignore...

Worth a look, he was certainly decent at one point. If we end up signing him on small(ish) wages I can't see anything wrong with it. Bit of pace, strength and can obviously score goals. As a 4/5/6th choice striker that isn't a bad option.

Right we've had youtube footage for all of our foreign purchases. How about a look at the quality shown in a couple of these goals. There are two really nice finishes right at the start. Both well outside the area.

Sam can certainly resurect a player let us just hope that if he see's something in the lad we can get the best out of him.

Can't believe the uproar its a trial just like when we took jansen back and also had Pongole etc

If it does nt work bye bye - we have 4 good strikers, if we get injuries then ellington plays in round 3 of the league cup , if we get injuries in the prem league he may make the bench

He s 28yrs so worth a look

I think Sam would ideally like a big squad so he can rest players. Ellington would be useful in that regard and, you never know, might be an inspirational signing!

Worth a gamble if the terms are right.

Ellington would be a great shout as a 5th striker. He's played at this level, can score goals, he's a battling centre forward and he's still only 28 - and he wouldnt cost much. After the end of last season when we were so short of forwards we had Samba up front on his own I'm amazed that anyone has the cheek to complain about us gaining some strength in depth up front! Esp now we can name all these subs.

Picking any 2 from Kalinic, di Santo, Benni, Roberts & Ellington doesnt sound too shabby to me!

Ellington would be a great shout as a 5th striker. He's played at this level, can score goals, he's a battling centre forward and he's still only 28 - and he wouldnt cost much.

He certainly wouldn't. He is free!

I do have a feeling, like others, that McCarthy may be heading for the door....

Remember as far as striking options go we do have Diouf as well, with Hoilett coming through too. If Ellington joins I think we will see someone leave.

I'm probably also among the few who wouldn't be too gutted if he came - but only as 4th/5th striker. Being from the South West where he made his name (Bristol Rovers), means I've followed his career from a distance and although his career has stuttered somewhat, he's certainly not a bad player.

I'm a bit intreagued as to how Ramadan will affect him though? Will he be able to play at the start of the season?

Archived