BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr T (trialist) Guessing Game

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rather than skipping to the end i decided to read from the beginning

as i am strongly disappointed now i very much regret wasting about 3/4 of an hour of my life reading through :(

Is the Duke worth a look?? It's certainly a strange one, but I suppose at 28, a trial can't hurt to see if he still has what it takes. I remain very doubtful on that one! Is seems a counter-productive tactic by Sam to clutter the squad though, after doing so well to flush the dross out.

Ellington is the ultimate lower league striker. If he's in the mood, he'll score you 25 goals and get you out of the division. You then flog him so he can do the same job at another upwardly mobile club. He won't cut it at the top level, we shouldn't waste our money.

Unless Nicko has been giving us a few red herrings -

Played "very briefly" in the Premier League for TWO teams, neither were relegated

It won't be Ellington - I think he was relegated with WBA - I think he played for Wigan, Derby and WBA in the EPL (can anyone confirm).

Mate I'm hoping it ain't Ellington, I hope your right!

Unless Nicko has been giving us a few red herrings -

Played "very briefly" in the Premier League for TWO teams, neither were relegated

It won't be Ellington - I think he was relegated with WBA - I think he played for Wigan, Derby and WBA in the EPL (can anyone confirm).

No you got that slightly wrong. He played briefly in the Premier league.

He played for two clubs but not necessarily in the Premier League, neither of which were relegated.

• Backroom

It's funny we are looking at signing Kalinic and Di Santo on loan which people are happy with then throw in a trialist in on low wages as backup and people get up in arms about it.

From his dealings so far at Rovers (not much yet) I have no reason to doubt Allardyce, if he isn't up to task he wont sign him, if he feels he's worth a shot he will.

Simples.

It's funny we are looking at signing Kalinic and Di Santo on loan which people are happy with then throw in a trialist in on low wages as backup and people get up in arms about it.

From his dealings so far at Rovers (not much yet) I have no reason to doubt Allardyce, if he isn't up to task he wont sign him, if he feels he's worth a shot he will.

Simples.

It ain't that. Just seems pointless. I'd rather the 5th striker or whatever was a young lad trying to crack on with his career rather than someone like Ellington.

But as you said that Allardyce ain't cocked up yet and to be fair in the past his bought people that everyone thought was a has been and ressurected them so I don't know

• Backroom

I kind of agree with you about it being pointless but last season at times we were down to bare bones up front so maybe its just a case of getting numbers in especially if Gally is going out on loan again.

Personally if he can recover what he used to have I would rather have him than Gally as an option.

I kind of agree with you about it being pointless but last season at times we were down to bare bones up front so maybe its just a case of getting numbers in especially if Gally is going out on loan again.

Personally if he can recover what he used to have I would rather have him than Gally as an option.

Yeah true, I think I've been won over haha! Just gutted when you see names being banded about then someone comes out with Ellington, I suppose that's what being a rovers fan is about!

Not too impressed but it's more ammunition for Waggy :lol:

There is no ammunition for waggy. Big Sam hasn't done anything wrong since being Rovers manager - and that is all that matters. History does not matter to us now, but what he does now at Rovers.

Can any of us fault him keeping rovers in the prem - no

His transfer dealings for Rovers has also been good. Not just in the close season, but also in January.

Even with the friendly games - Rovers have not done that bad. After all, these games are just preperation games, games to try things out and to get the players match fit.

The only ammunition waggy can fire with regards to Big sam are - blanks.

No you got that slightly wrong. He played briefly in the Premier league.

He played for two clubs but not necessarily in the Premier League, neither of which were relegated.

According to one web site - I actually got it a lot wrong - he has played for WBA & Watford in the Premier league. However - he has played 67 PL matches over two seasons - which I wouldn't describe as brief.

Archived