BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Backroom

dont see why people seem to think he needs bulking up, hes a good 6 footer so his naturally going to be on the slimmer side at his age, do you want him to be like dunn, benjani(slow and sluggish,

i think steve kean seems to have a issue with the guy personally, maybe its becuse hes allardyces only financialy major signing, or somat along those lines, i dont know but it was a bizare situation not to play him or even have him on the bench at times and have lesser strikers ahead of him.

Did Sam also have a problem with him as he wasn't really regular under him?

I don't see why people always seem to think there's some sort of conspiracy with everything.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy's only young and people forget that he's been in and out of the team ever since he came here. He hit the woodwork a lot last season too and there was only a matter of time before they started going in. I would keep him and try to develop him as a player rather than freezing him out. But perhaps sending him out on loan may be just the thing he needs.

Unlike Di Santo, I think Kalinic will do well somewhere else.

2010/2011 PL Stats:

Jason Roberts

Games played: 25

Games started: 13

Goals scored: 5

Minutes played: 1473

Nikola Kalinic

Games played: 18

Games started: 15

Goals scored: 5

Minutes played: 1096

Might wanna edit that sign of yours, bub.

bub?

Kalinic - a goal every 220 minutess (rounded 1100)

Roberts - a goal every 295 minutes (rounded 1475)

Difference in playing time - 375 minutes

Total Kalinic could have is 7 = SHOCKING RETURN!!!! Yes, it is still more than Roberts but he offers a different dimension and we all know he is useless and doesn't have a hero status from the BBE.

Total Kalinic could have is 7 = SHOCKING RETURN!!!! Yes, it is still more than Roberts but he offers a different dimension and we all know he is useless and doesn't have a hero status from the BBE.

There we have it. Kalinic has done as much, if not more, than everyone else, yet he's been ostracised from the first-team. He has every right to feel frustrated at his lack of playing time.

We know very little of the situation behind the scenes so lets' not make assumptions. The fact of the matter is Roberts scored 5 and Kalinic scored 5.

Roberts is useless and Kalinic is a god like figure.

To be honest all our strikers are not PL quality and i would shift the lot this summer.

We know very little of the situation behind the scenes so lets' not make assumptions.

I already put a disclaimer in my other post.

The fact of the matter is Roberts scored 5 and Kalinic scored 5.

It's not great, but Kalinic was starting to show signs that he'd benefit from a change in manager & style. However, he didn't help himself getting sent-off at WBA. But after serving his suspension, he should have been back in the fold at least. I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but Kean's treatment of him as been shocking - i.e. that article about him practising with an open goal. That's just humiliating and won't inspire a struggling player.

I'd say fans are pretty much split on Kalinic. Plenty rate him, plenty don't.

To be honest all our strikers are not PL quality and i would shift the lot this summer.

Easier said than done.

I'd keep Roberts & Blackman, at least. Kalinic's days look numbered.

But yes, new blood is needed.

There we have it. Kalinic has done as much, if not more, than everyone else, yet he's been ostracised from the first-team. He has every right to feel frustrated at his lack of playing time.

He can't shoot, can't head a ball, isn't strong enough to hold off a big central defender and isn't quick enough. Think about it - a striker that can't shoot. Every club needs one of those!

If he'd have shown anything at all during the games he's played in, he would have played more.

He can't shoot, can't head a ball, isn't strong enough to hold off a big central defender and isn't quick enough. Think about it - a striker that can't shoot. Every club needs one of those!

If he'd have shown anything at all during the games he's played in, he would have played more.

Agree 100% with that Den.

Have to disagree. He can do all of those things, he just isn't given the right service. 80% of being a good striker is getting the right service.

Can't shoot? He's the best finisher at the club.

Also, Den, if he's really that shocking, why would a manager like Allardyce pay £6m for him? Panic buy or not, that doesn't make any sense.

Can't shoot? He's the best finisher at the club.

Also, Den, if he's really that shocking, why would a manager like Allardyce pay £6m for him? Panic buy or not, that doesn't make any sense.

Yep, can't shoot. Name me a handful [or even one] of shots that he's put in, in the last two years that have forced the keeper into a any kind of top save?

You know my views about Sam signing him, I've said it often enough. It was opportunism. Sam didn't know much, if anything about him. Bad signing by Allardyce.

Have to disagree. He can do all of those things, he just isn't given the right service. 80% of being a good striker is getting the right service.

You don't need service to show that you can shoot, head a ball, run fast or have strength.

Also, Den, if he's really that shocking, why would a manager like Allardyce pay £6m for him?

I really can't imagine...

I'm trying to remember the last time we had a player over the age of 20 who was with us for 2 years, given 29 league starts and 15 goes off the bench despite being totally unimpressive and subsequently 'broke through' to become a valuable player for us. Ain't going to happen.

We know very little of the situation behind the scenes so lets' not make assumptions. The fact of the matter is Roberts scored 5 and Kalinic scored 5.

nobodys claiming anything of the sort about kalinic, bit of a silly responce!, i was really just pointing out a flaw in your stats, kalininc is young and may or may not become a top quality striker- roberts,benjani on the other hand are well past there peak and will only get worse, allthough cruz may still have somthing to offer if he can stay reasonably fit and start finding the net(sadly his fitness record shows that will be unlikley though), so untill we sign a new striker, kalinic is are best out and out striker(not sure of rochina, formicas position?). he is a goalscorer though and ideally needs a holding forward alongside him.

I really can't imagine...

I'm trying to remember the last time we had a player over the age of 20 who was with us for 2 years, given 29 league starts and 15 goes off the bench despite being totally unimpressive and subsequently 'broke through' to become a valuable player for us. Ain't going to happen.

kevin galacher had a slow start to his rovers career and newell was never prolific both quality players though.

kevin galacher had a slow start to his rovers career and newell was never prolific both quality players though.

Gallacher came as 3rd choice behind Shearer and Sutton - would have liked to see Nico get ahead of those 2. And that would be the Mike Newell who hit the ground running, scored multiple key goals, despite breaking his leg in his first season for us, including a screamer in the play-off semis. Also scored winners at Highbury, Anfield, the fastest ever hat-trick in the Champions League etc, all the while setting up Shearer for many of his goals. Yep, just like our Nico!

and how can i forget Mat jansen(who kalinc reminds me very much of, physically and style of play), he scored a in dinision 1 the year we where promoted, but was never prolific in the prem league, and i dont think anybody will disagree that he was a top forward(could have been better if he hadnt have had his accident).

Gallacher came as 3rd choice behind Shearer and Sutton - would have liked to see Nico get ahead of those 2. And that would be the Mike Newell who hit the ground running, scored multiple key goals, despite breaking his leg in his first season for us, including a screamer in the play-off semis. Also scored winners at Highbury, Anfield, the fastest ever hat-trick in the Champions League etc, all the while setting up Shearer for many of his goals. Yep, just like our Nico!

Bellend!

was just offering a few suggestions of players that didnt score a lot for us(for whatever reason) in there 1st couple of seasons, but they werent sold of and labelled no good,

id keep Kalinic, he offers something diffrent, he is a poacher. most poachers only benifit at the top top clubs where they get constant service. Hernandez at united would'nt of got half the goals he got if he played for us, stoke, wolves, birmingham etc etc.

still i'd keep him, Nicko will benifit when he has better players around him.

Yep, can't shoot. Name me a handful [or even one] of shots that he's put in, in the last two years that have forced the keeper into a any kind of top save?

Surely you remember the countless time he was denied by the woodwork? Hughesy was counting them as goals.

http://www.mrsport.ro/26926-westbrom-1-3-blackburn-kalinic-great-double-sent-off-tamas-red-card

^ And yeah, Kalinic totally can't finish.

Your right Den, he doesn't show that he can do all the things you say but there are quite a few players around like that who have done well. I think Inzaghi only came good when he was 24 at Atalanta, for example. Jansen showed the odd touch in his first 18 months but was ineffective.

I think there is something there with Kalinic, he hasn't shown enough and he might need to go elsewhere but I think he could come good somewhere else. After the first WBA game, Kean was saying how he wanted him playing more facing the goal because he thought he was great in training. A few weeks later he was saying he wasn't good in training.

Something has gone on there, I think...

and how can i forget Mat jansen(who kalinc reminds me very much of, physically and style of play), he scored a in dinision 1 the year we where promoted, but was never prolific in the prem league, and i dont think anybody will disagree that he was a top forward(could have been better if he hadnt have had his accident).

You really are comparing Matt Jansen to Kalinic? I mean really? I suggest you watch a few re-runs of Jansen playing for us. He was skillful and quick, 2 thing totally lacking from Kalinic's game.

Kalinic is potentially a good player but not in this league, Spain maybe, Italy more than likely. Its too fast and too strong for him, hence why games pass him by.

Surely you remember the countless time he was denied by the woodwork? Hughesy was counting them as goals.

http://www.mrsport.ro/26926-westbrom-1-3-blackburn-kalinic-great-double-sent-off-tamas-red-card

^ And yeah, Kalinic totally can't finish.

I said he can't shoot - as in hit a ball with power and direction on a regular basis. He doesn't have a great shot with him.

You know I'm right Topman, so why keep trying to twist words into something different?

You really are comparing Matt Jansen to Kalinic? I mean really? I suggest you watch a few re-runs of Jansen playing for us. He was skillful and quick, 2 thing totally lacking from Kalinic's game.

Kalinic is potentially a good player but not in this league, Spain maybe, Italy more than likely. Its too fast and too strong for him, hence why games pass him by.

i think your a delusional

jansen was skillfull(but he wasnt esspecially quick!) when he signed for us and thats all he was, souness remoulded him into a proper allround forward and kalinic has the same potential to be a good all rounder,

and games dont pass him by, hes rarely gets a game.

Archived