BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I agree on that one. I think he would do well with a PL club that suits his game and creates goal scoring opportunities for him. He showed good talent in that first season and since then our tactics just haven't suited him at all. Given the right setup he is a 10-15 a season man easy.

Hang on Modes. He's had Sam's hoofball and Keans superior passing game. :lol:

Which game does suit him?

You'd think if one man was going to profit under Kean's regime, it would be Kalinic. It certainly looked that way, when he started getting among the goals, but something's obviously wrong behind the scenes. I don't think Kalinic will stay even if we signed a new manager. Some players just blot their copybook at a club and he'll probably have his heart set on somewhere else already. Could be time to recoup what we can of our £6m.

i was a fan of derbyshire as an impact sub.. but you cant compare the 2, IMO.

nicko's movement is superb, and i agree that if we sell him, it could come back to haunt us.

He's simply not good enough Zac, this coupled with his inability to grasp the language and poor form in training under both Kean and Allardyce, he needs shipping out.

We wants plays who want to be here, not bottlers trying to orchestrate moves back home.

Please can you all stop quoting the troll...his misery should now end, we are safe, but he still likes to look at the negatives.

We stayed up Misery...time to move forward!

I think it's time that you gave the insults a rest.

Can't say I agree on that one. I think he would do well with a PL club that suits his game and creates goal scoring opportunities for him. He showed good talent in that first season and since then our tactics just haven't suited him at all. Given the right setup he is a 10-15 a season man easy.

I agree with you and Mercerman , he's got ability but the trouble is he can't play in a one up front team. We'll only ever play two up front in an emergency so where does that leave him ?

• 2 weeks later...

'starved' - get a grip lad, you simply are not good enough!

how good kalinic is is still impossible too say because hes never in the team, but 1 thing that is for certain he is the best striker at are club currently, so he should be playing,

Kalinic has reason to feel aggrieved. His strike-rate is better than any one of our strikers, yet they were all picked ahead of him. But if he's not bothering in training, then it doesn't send a good message to the rest of the squad or the manager.

Based on what?

based on roberts and benjani are both @#/?(your lucky if you get 10 goals a season from them both together, s cruz has forgot how to be a forward(to much time on physio table), m diuf has speed and ability(could be very good in the future) but right now hes just average at best,

As for kalinic being on his as all the time that usually just a sign of lacking match practise and being a bit rusty, im sure if he had a run of games his 1st touch would improve, and at least he doesnt spend halvle his time tripping over the ball(alla jason roberts!) when hes in good positions or passing it right into the keepers opposition arms when hes 1 on 1(like roberts seems to do twice in every game he plays.

Kalinic:

Season Apps Goals

2009 - 10 14 (12) 2

2010 - 11 15 (3) 5

Total 29 (15) 7

29 starts 7 goals

Roberts:

Season Apps Goals

2009 - 10 15 (14) 5

2010 - 11 13 (12) 5

Total 28 (26) 10

28 starts 10 goals

:wstu:

you are aware your stats just prove how crap roberts is arnt you!-

(from your stats) Roberts 54 apearances total= 10 goals, Kalinic-44 appearnces=7 goals.

reletively very poor for roberts when you take into acount roberts age and experiance as a striker, and i bit if you where to find out minutes on pitch to goals scored it would look even worse as most of kalinics sub appearances have just been for the final few minutes whereas roberts usually seems to get a good halve an hour when on as a sub, and kalinic seems to play a big part in creating goals/shooting chances for otheres when he plays.

you are aware your stats just prove how crap roberts is arnt you!-

(from your stats) Roberts 54 apearances total= 10 goals, Kalinic-44 appearnces=7 goals.

reletively very poor for roberts when you take into acount his age and experiance as a striker, and i bit if you where to find out minutes on pitch to goals scored it would look even worse as most of kalinics sub appearances have just been for the final few minutes whereas roberts usually seems to get a good halve an hour when on as a sub, and kalinic seems to play a big part in creating goals/shooting chances for otheres when he plays.

Kalinic:

Season Apps Goals

2009 - 10 14 (12) 2

2010 - 11 15 (3) 5

Total 29 (15) 7

29 starts 7 goals

Roberts:

Season Apps Goals

2009 - 10 15 (14) 5

2010 - 11 13 (12) 5

Total 28 (26) 10

28 starts 10 goals

:wstu:

2010/2011 PL Stats:

Jason Roberts

Games played: 25

Games started: 13

Goals scored: 5

Minutes played: 1473

Nikola Kalinic

Games played: 18

Games started: 15

Goals scored: 5

Minutes played: 1096

Might wanna edit that sign of yours, bub.

I wonder if anyone said 'Roberts is the future of Grenadian football' :lol:

IF Kalinic pulls his tripe out in training. IF he stays on his feet. IF he bulks up and grows a set he may yet make it

dont see why people seem to think he needs bulking up, hes a good 6 footer so his naturally going to be on the slimmer side at his age, do you want him to be like dunn, benjani(slow and sluggish,

i think steve kean seems to have a issue with the guy personally, maybe its becuse hes allardyces only financialy major signing, or somat along those lines, i dont know but it was a bizare situation not to play him or even have him on the bench at times and have lesser strikers ahead of him.

Archived