BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

I said he can't shoot - as in hit a ball with power and direction on a regular basis. He doesn't have a great shot with him.

You know I'm right Topman, so why keep trying to twist words into something different?

Surely if only 6 yards out you don't need power in a shot? That is where Kalinic is best, and that is why the service to him should be improved if we want to get a return on the outlay.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely if only 6 yards out you don't need power in a shot? That is where Kalinic is best, and that is why the service to him should be improved if we want to get a return on the outlay.

boring, boring, boring, boringggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

would rarther be watching england than carrying on reading the ###### on this site and watching england is just about the shitest that can be done(and i am english), get rid of international football its ###### ###### ######.

Hardly hardly does his argument any favours when he resorts to insults every other post.

havnt insulted anybody def not arguing with anybody, i just find theres to many negative ninnys on here that really frustrate with there piffy sarcastic responces,

on a final note about kalinic, hes doing very well for croatia where there are quite a few very decent forwards, and bilic knows his stuff and wouldnt keep playing him if he wasnt the real deal.

So you reckon he's at his best from 6 yards out?

So am I RM86. Lethal.

Good for you mate, maybe Rovers will pay £6million for your services.

lol.

Seriously though, Ashley Ward was the only other rovers striker that didn't have a real shot on him - that I can think of. Maybe super Paul Dickov was another?

I said he can't shoot - as in hit a ball with power and direction on a regular basis. He doesn't have a great shot with him.

You know I'm right Topman, so why keep trying to twist words into something different?

lol. So he can't shoot but he can finish?

And telling me you're right just proves you're grasping at straws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0rmQYf8mrI

^ I guess this guy can't "shoot" either.

No itsnt, unless its said agresively and followed by smack in the mouth, otherwise its just banter,

Classy kind of fella then!

If we can get rid of him then we should do, he's not up to playing premier league football.

'starved' - get a grip lad, you simply are not good enough!

I disagree with this. Kalinic is good enough. We've just handled him badly.

. . . I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but Kean's treatment of him as been shocking - i.e. that article about him practising with an open goal. That's just humiliating and won't inspire a struggling player.

There are many things about Kean which are shocking.

I suspect that Kalinic will be gone this summer and the next time we see him he'll be scoring against us.

lol. So he can't shoot but he can finish?

No. I didn't say he could finish either. Do you really do have problems understanding simple sentences?

In case you didn't understand the basic point, I'll say again - he hasn't shown anything to suggest that he can strike a ball, with power and direction on a regular basis. Remember - Mokoena hit one screamer in his time at Rovers, but does that make him a quality striker? He isn't good in the air, he isn't strong enough and he isn't quick enough.

In two years, he hasn't, as far as I can remember, scored a goal from further out than 6 yards without a deflection. A couple of other goals have come from the keeper either dropping the ball at his feet, or the keeper running past the ball and leaving an open goal. He's scored one good goal away at West Brom where the defenders allowed him to run into the area without getting close to him. He put that one away well to be fair. Not much in two years though, for someone you said rovers should build the team around!

But if you still disagree about him having no great shot on him, I'm waiting for the list.

1]

• Backroom

To be fair the goal against WBA was taken well enough it wasn't anything I wouldn't expect from a £6m pound striker, even our Jase finishes them sometimes. Benjanis goal against Liverpool was far more impressive from a strikers point of view.

Like I've said before I never rated Derbyshire highly but I can't see how we would have been any worse off with him in place of Niko over the last 2 seasons.

I won't write him off fully but I feel it best if we could get some decent money for him

No. I didn't say he could finish either. Do you really do have problems understanding simple sentences?

You made a point of emphasizing the word 'shoot' and not contesting my point. Do keep up.

In case you didn't understand the basic point, I'll say again - he hasn't shown anything to suggest that he can strike a ball, with power and direction on a regular basis. Remember - Mokoena hit one screamer in his time at Rovers, but does that make him a quality striker? He isn't good in the air, he isn't strong enough and he isn't quick enough.

When has Kalinic even been allowed to play on a regular basis? His first 18months under Sam were a write-off with the crude, methodical way we were playing. Hard to smash shots on goal when you're playing with your back to a bunch of defenders with no one in support.

In two years, he hasn't, as far as I can remember, scored a goal from further out than 6 yards without a deflection. A couple of other goals have come from the keeper either dropping the ball at his feet, or the keeper running past the ball and leaving an open goal. He's scored one good goal away at West Brom where the defenders allowed him to run into the area without getting close to him. He put that one away well to be fair. Not much in two years though, for someone you said rovers should build the team around!

They all count, Den. Again, van Nistelrooy wasn't renowned for smashing goals from distance, or perhaps a closer example to Kalinic would be Fillipo Inzaghi. Kalinic is a goal-poacher. He's got quick feet, vision and a tidy finish on him. He's a real danger when people can actually provide him with the service. His first 18months under Sam were disastrous, based on Sam's poor man-management and tactics which didn't suit. He was starting to look like he'd have more joy under a new manager, until he was dropped for what must be off-the-field issues.

• Backroom

Problem for us if he stays in England I can't see many teams here wanting to pay any more than a couple of million for him.

I hope it works out for him either here or elsewhere as long as we are appropriately compensated.

According to todays LT - Kalinic will seek talks with Kean to see if he is part of his plans. IF not then several prem clubs are willing to bid between £3-4m......sell at that price or hold on?

It also says that should Rovers sell then they will demand a sell-on clause just incase.

Archived