BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody else think Kean has played a massive mind game with Kalinic? Freezing him out toward then end of the season and now playing him and praising him in order to re-build his confidence for the forthcoming season?

I think if we replaced him with anything like a PL class striker, he wouldn't be missed in the least.

Does anybody else think Kean has played a massive mind game with Kalinic? Freezing him out toward then end of the season and now playing him and praising him in order to re-build his confidence for the forthcoming season?

i read it that he would be given a chance too, ralph.

then again it could just be a way of letting teams know he wont go cheap.

kean doesnt like niko.. i hear 1st hand.

obvious signs that we wont spend big on a replacement and if thats the case.. id keep him

I've read on another twitter feed that Kean will only let Kalinic go if we can replace him if not he will be staying. Apparently the owners back this.

Hopefully some truth in it.

if someone on twitter posted "today is wednesday", id still struggle to believe them.

but hey, thats just me!

Shame that he looks set to leave according to the mirror, I so desperately hoped that he would be a success here, still think with kean stating he wants two strikers on the pitch for the majority of the season that he would really find his own this season alongside a partner.

I still rate Niko and think he can still be a success at Rovers.

If Venky's finally come to their senses and Kean does finally get the boot, maybe a new lease of life for Niko under a proper manager?

Hardly a shock.

I hope a change of scenery will help Niko reach his potential. He looked rather uninterested on Saturday against Accrington.

I think hes played ok and maybe we havent got the best out of him by playing him up front on his own, but the good/great players can impose them self on a game even if they are out of position/isolated.

Best goal? WBA away last year (Probably the only one that wasn't a tap in or off his shoulder!)

Rovers career highlight? His brace against Villa in the cup semi final

Not bothered if he goes to be honest, never ever looked like being a success here.

West Brom away will always sum him up best for me. 2 goals, great pressuring of the defense and keeper to start the second half and give us a good edge and a stupid play for a red (not that he got a lot of reds, just that it was moments of brilliance mixed with moments of stupidity).

We are looking at offloading him to replace him with no one and stick with Benjami and Roberts. How anyone can support this is beyond me. Kalinic is better than both of them and I would much sooner see those two offloaded than him. I'm very worried with what's going on. Kean his letting his vendetta against Niko cloud his judgement and it is going to negative affect our club.

We are looking at offloading him to replace him with no one and stick with Benjami and Roberts. How anyone can support this is beyond me. Kalinic is better than both of them and I would much sooner see those two offloaded than him. I'm very worried with what's going on. Kean his letting his vendetta against Niko cloud his judgement and it is going to negative affect our club.

It's not a vendetta - I would have loved the lad to do well, but he doesn't suit us and we don't suit him. He's not that good at least not when he plays for Rovers, although I do accept that he can perhaps play better when he playes for his country. Get some decent money in for him and I don't think he's that great a loss, provided this money doesn't go to pay off someone or something else it shouldn't and is spent on a replacement. Probably not enough to buy one, but enough to go towards one.

In my opinion Roberts on his day (particularly the must win games towards the back end of last season) is beeter than I've ever seen Kalinic play. Just because he's not a quirky foreign name doesn't mean hes a bad player.

Kalinic will go down as a flop.

Benjani has left the clib, no?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-Nikola-Kalinic-refuses-travel-Asia-Cup-trying-secure-transfer-away-from-Rovers-article774478.html

Niko refuses to go to Hong Kong

Agent Tomislay Erceg said: “Nikola has been disrespected by the club. He tried all day to speak to them about his transfer request.

“We even called India to speak to the owners and to the manager Steve Kean, but no-one would talk to us.

There is an offer in, and it is worth more than £6million with bonuses"

"Nikola does not want to play for Blackburn again.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-Nikola-Kalinic-refuses-travel-Asia-Cup-trying-secure-transfer-away-from-Rovers-article774478.html

Niko refuses to go to Hong Kong

Agent Tomislay Erceg said: “Nikola has been disrespected by the club. He tried all day to speak to them about his transfer request.

“We even called India to speak to the owners and to the manager Steve Kean, but no-one would talk to us.

There is an offer in, and it is worth more than £6million with bonuses"

"Nikola does not want to play for Blackburn again.”

Car crash. What on earth do the 'management' expect, if they treat their best people like they are just resources to be pushed, pulled and played around with?

Bye bye Kalinic. And fair play to you for taking a stand against this bunch of knob-heads.

• Backroom

Car crash. What on earth do the 'management' expect, if they treat their best people like they are just resources to be pushed, pulled and played around with?

Bye bye Kalinic. And fair play to you for taking a stand against this bunch of knob-heads.

Yeah fair play for acting totally unprofessional. Hope we can fine him the maximum.

Yeah fair play for acting totally unprofessional. Hope we can fine him the maximum.

Yeah, like that will really make a big difference to his attitude towards the club. He is finished at Rovers, that is clear, but I don't blame Niko for wanting to be away from what has become a complete shambles, even if it does hit him hard in the pocket. He can afford it and walk away - we can't, and have to put up with whatever shower of @#/? comes next.

What a mess the Pune gobshites have created. And it could so easily have been so much better. Instead we (Rovers fans) just wake up now each day wondering how much worse it can get.

Yeah, like that will really make a big difference to his attitude towards the club. He is finished at Rovers, that is clear, but I don't blame Niko for wanting to be away from what has become a complete shambles, even if it does hit him hard in the pocket. He can afford it and walk away - we can't, and have to put up with whatever shower of @#/? comes next.

What a mess the Pune gobshites have created. And it could so easily have been so much better. Instead we (Rovers fans) just wake up now each day wondering how much worse it can get.

Exactly right. The club is in a really bad state, when will we hear positive news? How long does it take? People can stay positive but they must realise that we are in a big mess surely.

Archived