BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought Kalinic would turn out to be a very good player for us. It's a shame that it has not work out for him at Rovers.

Kalinic needs to play in 2 man striker force to make an impact at a team.

I thought Andy Cryer piece on him yesterday in the LT was excellent and was spot on about Kalinic.

Kalinic needs to play in 2 man striker force to make an impact at a team.

He played in a one, two and three man front line and guess what? He was exactly the same player.

That's strange. I expected him to be completely different.

It's fine if Kalinic leaves- he never lived up to what was expected of him while he was here. My only issue is we're going to need 3 new strikers before the season starts and I don't trust Kean or Venkys to deliver. I'm worried that once we sell him we'll end up going into the new season with Roberts and Benjani, if he signs, as our strike force.

Insiderover has seen this footage, and has just tweeted that Rovers are interested in making an offer for the unsettled £12 million rated Kalinic at Dnipro.

Am i mis reading this post because it doesnt make sense to me.

I can't believe some of you lot as outlined below: RSC and M. Diouf have returned to their parent clubs, Benjani's future is uncertain and he's crap anyway and that only leaves Kalinic and Roberts on the books as things stand.

If "the future of Croatian football" was worth his salt he'd recognise this was a golden opportunity for him to knuckle down, learn the language properly, tie down a first team spot with his performances and become the focal point of the attack.

Instead of whinging in the Press about being "disrespected by the Club" etc. Yawn.

this post sums up everything perfectly we have lost RSC & MB Diouf surely he can see we are very light up front the players apart from Hoilett are garbage Roberts/Benjani could not hit a cow's a*** with a banjo this is the perfect time to knuckle down work hard and prove he has what it takes because there is clearly a first team striker slot to available and the fact our other strikers apart from Hoilett are poor he has a chance & there is no excuse for not learning the language properly that is down to him HE has to make the effort. Also Kean did give him some encouragement after the Accrington game by clearly saying after the game there is a chance he could still make it here after he scored & had one assist. As for the club disrespecting him total twaddle he needs to explain how this is?. He also had a chance we have 2 strikers over in HK we are so light we are playing the club who he loves to play against in Villa & Chelsea who he has scored against instead he goes wingeing to the press he deserves everything that's coming to him & I feel after his behaviour not going to HK when we are desperately short of strikers means he will probably be moving on & the sooner the better as if he doesn't like EHD he will probably be a disruptive influence in the dressing room. I only hope we then sign at least 3 strikers as if he does go we will be painfully thin up front.

I thought for a minute you'd learnt how to do paragraphs then! Until I got 3 paragraphs in and realised you can't do quotes either.

I'm sure more people would read what you have to say if you put some punctuation in. The temptation when confronted with a big block of text is simply to scroll past it and on to something which is easier to absorb.

I'm amazed we could end up getting six million for the useless turd.

Fantastic business

Agreed, if we can get our money back on him it woiuld be a stroke something akin to pulling off The Great Train Robbery.

I'd assumed we'd be looking at 2-3m tops.

Beats me as well Al. I can only imagine that they want a replacement in, beofre they sell him. Rovers want to be careful though, this offer isn't likely to be repeated.

I thought you were concerned yesterday that Kean was in your words "good at selling players" but not so good at getting them in and that sooner or later he would find out that "the game is about players".

You can't have the argument both ways.

I thought you were concerned yesterday that Kean was in your words "good at selling players" but not so good at getting them in and that sooner or later he would find out that "the game is about players".

You can't have the argument both ways.

Hello Rev, I see you're back and are still supporting the people who got us into this almighty mess, having a go at posters who criticise those people, while at the same time dissing everything and everyone at the club who actually took us through some good times.

Why don't you take a step back and have a look around?

Hello Rev, I see you're back and are still supporting the people who got us into this almighty mess, having a go at posters who criticise those people, while at the same time dissing everything and everyone at the club who actually took us through some good times.

Come on Den, Revs been fairly quiet of late.

The mess you talk of could be slated elsewhere, but we won't go into that here, it's probably been done to death.

I'd guess that Rev wants to look forward and to (try) be positive about the future.

Maybe, Den, it's you who should take stock, accept the current situation and go forward from there?

If you don't accept the current situation, then why continue to support the Rovers? I know it's in your blood and all that, but what's the point if all you can see is negativity?

Maybe, Den, it's you who should take stock, accept the current situation and go forward from there?

If you don't accept the current situation, then why continue to support the Rovers? I know it's in your blood and all that, but what's the point if all you can see is negativity?

Acknowledge that the current situation is beyond our control Dave? - yes. Accept the way the current situation is? - no way. Take a look around, I'm not exactly on my own, am I!

Why would anyone not want to speak out - if they thought things were wrong?

Do I think Kalinic is in the wrong for not going out to Asia? Yes.

Do I feel that his situation has been handled well by Kean before the trip? No.

Kean was pushing to sell Kalinic, then however he realised we seemingly don't have the funds to replace him and, with Benjani not signing we were looking lightweight and so Kean tried to keep Niko. I'd have been peed off in Niko's position but I do believe he was wrong not to travel. Kean shouldn't have been forcing him out and most definitely shouldn't be putting Benjani or Roberts ahead of Kalinic. Just a shame we have this clown as a manager.

Hello Den, with respect when your level of debate has deteriorated to "The man's a right tit" when referring to Steve Kean in the other thread , perhaps you'd be better off taking a break from your constant anti Venky's rhetoric. You're better than that type of contribution.

And why oh why are you STILL using a picture of a Manchester City employee as your avatar? He left us in February. It's quite creepy really.

The inference of roversinsider's tweets is that Kalinic HAS to be sold before Rovers can make any new signings.

We are assuming the the Kalinc sale sets off a chain of events that provides a credit line for new signings ?

The inference of roversinsider's tweets is that Kalinic HAS to be sold before Rovers can make any new signings.

Seriously...if that is true, why are we all just sitting back and accepting it?

We've just sold a player for £16.5 million. It is completely disgusting if it's true.

Seriously...if that is true, why are we all just sitting back and accepting it?

We've just sold a player for £16.5 million. It is completely disgusting if it's true.

We are sitting back and accepting it because its probably not true and made up to save face of people obsessed that we have no money.

Ofcourse we will find out the answers by 31st August but real supporters will at the very least take the word of club captain Nelsen that we should be patient, even if they refuse to believe Kean that we have a very good budget and do not have to sell which has been clearly stated only 48 hours ago.

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

And why oh why are you STILL using a picture of a Manchester City employee as your avatar? He left us in February. It's quite creepy really.

:D Because he was a top guy.

If you were someone who had never criticised anything at rovers over the last few years Rev, I could understand your current stance. You never missed an opportunity though, to have a go at the trust, Sam Allardyce, Souness or John Williams. Under those people, the club were in good hands.

Now though, you wont have anything said against the current people at the club. How do you explain that? I can only assume that you were so against the last lot, that you're glad to have anyone at the club? I don't know - so you tell me.

I just find that strange.

, perhaps you'd be better off taking a break from your constant anti Venky's rhetoric. You're better than that type of contribution.

.... says a man who never misses an opportunity to stick the knife into our esteemed former manager, Mr Samuel Allardyce Esq, late of this parish, while at the same time making excuses for the present inept regime. Copy the chocolate soldier in Canada, take a break and have a Kit-Kat.

On Kalinic, the lad needs to leave Rovers for the sake of his career. The manager clearly doesn't rate him and he's never going to get the game-time he needs to improve. Has an eye for goal but not strong enough physically to cope with the the hurly-burly of the Premier League.

Archived