Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

arent they brilliant.. well done to andy cryer on another scoop! :lol:

To (almost) quote yourself

fact is zac, no journalist can ever be 100% right. but if you look, Andy Cryer cosistantly writes true stuff about rovers and he is right more often than any other journalist.

Never mind scoring points over journos, we now have two senior players in open revolt against the club's shambolic ineffectual efforts at management.

Never mind scoring points over journos, we now have two senior players in open revolt against the club's shambolic ineffectual efforts at management.

kalinic and kean fell out in february, phillip! so it was inevitable that if kean stayed on as boss, kalinic would leave.

dont get me wrong it is a shambles at rovers. rovers are my main concern.

• Backroom

No we have a striker sulking because he isn't good enough and isn't getting picked and refusing to do a job that he's overpaid for and a petulant bloke crying over his mate being fired.

To (almost) quote yourself

fact is zac, no journalist can ever be 100% right. but if you look, Andy Cryer cosistantly writes true stuff about rovers and he is right more often than any other journalist.

true. but this situation is different. cryer has got 2 big stories wrong. he's only as good as his sources.. as i said before.. he needs to learn when he is being lied to or mislead.

so i have some sympathy. but if i can pick up the phone and ring someone who is in hong kong with the rovers, why cant he ??

IN MY OPINION. he is a lazy journalist.. and the 2 stories he's got wrong couldve been checked easily.

if i can check info.. why cant he ?

• Backroom

He seemingly has double checked the story and corrected himself. I do agree he should be checking beforehand though.

Obviously they are different types of journalist, Nicko has a need to break stories first (right or wrong) whereas Cryer can be more an unnofficial voice of the club.

Anyone following the real Chris Samba twitter feed will see the squad has in fact just landed in Australia.

Philip, the squad has landed in Hong Kong confirmed by both Samba and Roberts, not quite sure how you think they are in Australia :wacko:

• Backroom

Roberts and Samba must be bloody rubbish at Geography if they are in Australia and think it's Hong Kong

cs4christsamba1 Samba Christopher

Finally in hong kong what a long trip . Got a fantastic reception yfrog.com/klpqjuqj

JasonRoberts30 Jason Roberts

Just arrived into Hong Kong after a very long flight...We were greeted like the Beatles getting off the plane..! The City looks amazing!!

Lol, I get what Phils on about.

Zac, before slating cryer look what he has got right this summer, arguably more than Nixon.

Benjani offered a new deal, denied initially by Nixon but backtracked after the LET stated it.

Correct ribeiro

The fact that we hadn't signed Baez as Nicko had stated.

There the ones off the top of my head. Nicko has been an excellent source of information for rovers over the years, there is no doubting that at all. But look at the names he's printed this year, we havent even got close to signing any of them.

Just wondering if the shambles that we have become has had an affect on his sources.

It was the first Nicko article I have read in a long time that had "quotes".

It seemed almost impossible that he could be wrong when there is hard evidence in quotations.

Really Cryers f88ked up, he must have know about the article, thought he would have checked and double checked.

ye right pal that makes it about Cryer(LET)20-1 Tabloid hacks this summer.

and at least there honest enough to hold there hands up immediately when wrong, not go off in a sulk for days(nixon) or whinge like a little girl(you).

also cryer comes across as being much more profesional by not getting involved in this point scoring bickering nonsense.

any sign of kamy

wasnt he supposed to be putting out a story this week after speaking with venkys, or have i missed it.

Hopefully we are doing a podcast tomorrow, so will cover a whole host of issues in that podcast, which will include:

Breakdown of relationship between Kentaro and Owners

How this has affected transfer activity

How ths changes Kean's relationship with the owners

The name of the person now dealing with transfers for Venky's (name may come out anyway within the next 24 hours), how this person will work

Where owners go from here

So have i got this right?

Kalinic hasn't gone to hong Kong

Mr Nixon said he hadn't and was proved right.

Mr Cryer said he had and was proved wrong.

Kalinic is in a strop because we aren't dealing with his transfer request at the moment and expect him to turn up for a flight he's got a ticket for and is expected to be on.

Kalinic is still under contract to Rovers and as such is expected to carry out duties the management and owners reasaonably request him to.

By failing to get on the flight Kalinic is in breach of that contract, unless he'd previously informed them of a fear of long haul flights or any flights whatsoever, as Bergkamp with Arsenal, in which case their expectation that he board said flight would be unreasonable.

Is that correct as it stands?

Archived