BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michele Salgado is Manchester Airport now. Can't confirm whether he's coming or going though.

He'll do well for us then.

A little bit strange.

All of these wingers coming in on trial - Elito, Van Der Meyde, Capoue etc tell me that something must be going on. I understand that there's no harm in taking a look, but all of our trialists seem to be in the same position.

IMO, either Sam will look to cash in on one of our wide men or secondly, one of our new recruits (and I'm thinking of EVH) is further off the pace/not as good as Sam expected.

Van der Meyde and Capoue are off the radar. Could Sam not be looking at strengthening the squad? As simple as that?

:P after jacobsens fine display on saturday why do we need to waste 50k on a 33 yr old,surely the money is better spent in midfield <_<

Who told you he was on £50,000 a week Waggy? Or are you just speculating again? Or just talking crap again...

Van der Meyde and Capoue are off the radar. Could Sam not be looking at strengthening the squad? As simple as that?

Van Der Meyde is still training with us I believe. Yes Capoue is off the radar but he was brought in to have his 'test'. And why strengthen one of our strongest area's when we are carrying enough bodies in that department?

As I say, nothing wrong with having a look, I just find it strange that many of our trialists seem to be pacey wingers when we've just recruited two.

I have just got his email from and old friend and have posted this just as I have recieved it!!

Salgado, i get good reports from spain he's still fit and his legs aren't gone. He's always had a good balance between attack and defence in that role and has a reasonable cross. Playing centrally is so different to the flanks so I have reservations over his ability to compete against players who have played in the middle all their careers. He is also lacking one key ingredient the man is shorter than me at 5,8 so will need a leap and a half to be succseful in the air. He could do it in a three though but in a two he'd be found out, due to his lack of top level experience in the role. Since most of our new found pace comes through wingers I would like to see him use his experience to guide say Holliet so we can get pace on the pitch for longer than 5 minutes.

^_^ you think a guy from real madrid will come for less :huh:

Dunno, ask Ivan Campo or Hierro. Nowt like idle speculation to re-enforce prejudices is there Wagjay? I reckon you'd be a big hit in the offices of the Daily Mail or the Daily Express.

I for one would not mind Selgardo coming in, as his experience and his record may help younger players develop a winning mentality etc. Good player too, and allows Emerton to play CM.

Am I the only one saw that when he was put under pressure he paniced and hit/dinked it forward, when he had better options. Back-up no more.

Having seen Jacobsen twice now I'm not convinced on his suitablility for a starting role. Salgado for me would slot straight in at right back.

Givet's just played a blinder at Center back and already we are moving him to left back, why??? :blink:

What is it with our fans and square pegs in round holes??? :tu:

Agree 100% with all of that. Lars played ok once he had settled, he had a pretty shocking first 15 minutes. Givet was immense as per usual :)

Just have a quick look now, is he standing in a building that says 'Arrivals' or 'Departures' - we'll work the rest out from there...

Love it! He was back in Spain at the weekend I think, so it suggests he's ewood bound.

^_^ you think a guy from real madrid will come for less :huh:

£50k? :lol: come on - £20-30k bracket - not a penny more at 33.

FAO Miker, Iceman, tchocky and many others:

SALGADO IS NOT BEING BROUGHT IN TO PLAY CENTRE-MIDFIELD.

Listen to the words coming out of Allardyce's mouth in this interview from after the Man City game:

We wanna do Michel, if we can, desperate for that because we are short of defenders and that for us will be our transfer situation completed for this season so from there on we will work and work and work to obviously get as many points as quickly as we can.

"Short of defenders"? Clearly our priority position...

FAO Miker, Iceman, tchocky and many others:

SALGADO IS NOT BEING BROUGHT IN TO PLAY CENTRE-MIDFIELD.

Listen to the words coming out of Allardyce's mouth in this interview from after the Man City game:

"Short of defenders"? Clearly our priority position...

Maybe the case to provide cover. But due to the injury situation he is likely to play in midifield over the next two or three games. If he does well he will stay there because we are short of options.

I doubt Jackobsen will be dropped for Salgado when he has done okay. Andrews is the most vulnerable. Once some of Dunn, Emerton, Reid and Grella are available this may change. But come Sunderland I expect the Spaniard to play some part in midfield.

I can only see him going to right back if Jackobsen gets injured. Which, if you look at his record last season, is reasonably probable....

Also read this though -

"One of my strengths is my judgement of character and I know he is just what we need. I want Michel not just as a player but as a person.

"He has got the potential of playing in one or two positions. I took Hierro as a centre half but he was too slow, but what a midfield player he turned out to be.

"Michel has had 24 days of training at Real Madrid and played a game and a half for them. Now it's about getting him here. I don't care what position we are talking about - just sign him." :lol::lol:

Guest ErinBrown

Colchester United manager Paul Lambert has just signed for Norwich as their new manager. Could this effect how the Medy Elito trial/deal proceeds. We might have to wait for a new manager to be appointed.

Salgaaaaaado, ohhhhhhhhh

Salgaaaaaado, ohhhhhhhhh

He's a Galactico,

He'll break your fackin nose

Salgaaaaaado, ohhhhhhhhh

Salgaaaaaado, ohhhhhhhhh

We got him on a free!

He hates the Burn-a-ley!

Salgaaaaaado, ohhhhhhhhh

Salgaaaaaado, ohhhhhhhhh

:P after jacobsens fine display on saturday why do we need to waste 50k on a 33 yr old,surely the money is better spent in midfield <_<

Because Salgado is probably a better full back = improvement waggy as short term as it maybe.

Theres plenty of other players Big Sam can offload he just needs the offers to come in.

Archived