BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

Guest ErinBrown

Been having a good hard think about this issue and have come to the conclusion that selling Warnock doesn't really benefit us in any way whatsoever!

We may be able to bring in a player on high wages who may or not be any good or settle in to replace him. We will only have minimal time and funds i am sure to find a replacement if Salgado is not viewed as a replacement. Sam will only get about 40% of the money back to buy someone else. So what we should all be asking ourselves is, would we accept £4 million for Warnock plus Salgado, because that is how much we are going to get back and to spend if we sell him for £8 million to £10 million.

Now considering how reliable Warnock is and what he offers the club as a complete package, it is a no brainer for me. No sale unless the deal offers us Warnock's elements in return. Ie, Steve Sidwell and the funds to bring in a quality Left Wing Back.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't see the point of building up a decent squad merely to dismantle it and start again.

"Wake up" but you don't want to sell him either! Make sense!

My point was in reference to the bit above. Its not by choice that we dismantle, it because Finances restrict us to do so. We find a gem, polish it up, sell it for a big profit and start again.

Let not forget that Warnock is another - we only paid £1.5m for him.

IF Warnock's sale is on the cards, I wonder if we could afford to sign Salgado AND Robert Huth? I would prefer to keep Warnock there at left-back, but Givet could replace him, leaving two of Huth/Samba/Nelsen for the centre. But like I said, I liked the shape of the defence against City so I wouldn't sell unless it was an irresistible bid and Warnock threw a paddy.

I'd have Wheater if I was bidding for a Boro centre half. That said they'd be mad to sell either one, those two are going to be a rock for them this season - they're a cut above.

Out of him, Dunn, Reid and Grella, Andrews would be the last one I would sell. Not because he is any good, but becausehe works hard and doesn't get injured. I would much rather have him as a back-up for centre-mid than someone who we can't even rely on to be fit.

Did you watch Andrews on Saturday? Absolutely dire. No point being fit and working hard if you are useless. Get rid.

My point was in reference to the bit above. Its not by choice that we dismantle, it because Finances restrict us to do so. We find a gem, polish it up, sell it for a big profit and start again.

Let not forget that Warnock is another - we only paid £1.5m for him.

And he's got 3 years left on his contract. 500000 quid a year + wages for 3 years till he's 31-------absolute bargain even if he then left for nowt. Would we get anyone as good in any position for less? Makes no sense whichever way you look at it.

And he's got 3 years left on his contract. 500000 quid a year + wages for 3 years till he's 31-------absolute bargain even if he then left for nowt. Would we get anyone as good in any position for less? Makes no sense whichever way you look at it.

It's good to know some fans have brains.

I really don't get all this "only getting a precentage of the fee because the other half as to go towards the players wages" are we not paying the players that we currently have? Surely if warnock is on £30k per week and then we sell him for £7-10m and bring in another player on £30k per week the wage bill hasn't gone up or down and we have £7-10m to spend or is this me being stupid?

Thats my thinking also but Big Fat Sam has a good point, there must have been some serious changes in policy, now I wonder if there is a prospective buyer who will pay the asking price if the club have little or no debts??

Maybe there is another reason??

Warnock is a good left back, one of the best in the country, as an all round player, better than Bridge, it would be sad to lose him yet we do need to address midfield, either by selling to buy or by moving one or two players around, I really feel Pederson could operate in a more central role, Nzonzi looks as though he could be the business, both these players have a decent touch and decent in the air too, pehaps with Salgado as a holding player we could operate with a flat back four and

a midfield three, allowing a three pronged attack with as much pace as you can put there!!

We need that pace desperately, then we can defend, win the ball and play out wide or into the channels, we need to turn defences more, get them facing their own goals, defenders dont like that at all.

Correct, warnock is a good player but he's probably at his peak now and it's unlikely we'll ever get a higher bid for him. Why not just sell him now? Of course, this comes with a caveat that Sam will get some of the money to get a replacement.

Correct, warnock is a good player but he's probably at his peak now and it's unlikely we'll ever get a higher bid for him. Why not just sell him now? Of course, this comes with a caveat that Sam will get some of the money to get a replacement.

Who are you going to replace him with? for little or no money?

Absolute madness to sell Warnock for me.

Agree even if we do sell him for 10 million SAM will be lucky to get 5million to spend and that will have to include the players wage going of past transfer activitys.

We need to keep warnock

Don't think we'll be getting rid any time soon. He's nobody's idea of an ideal midfielder but he's done a job for us while we've been thin in midfield because of injuries. No harm in keeping him as a squad player when injuries hit again. His ability is average I guess but don't forget you get the likes of Aaron Mokoena who aren't prepared to sit on Rovers' bench. I think Andrews would be - and would still offer us some depth.

No. He's a liability. As long as he remains at the club the temptation is there to put him on the pitch. It was the same with Mokoena but thankfully that temptation has gone.

Warnock is a tricky one. £10m+ would be a great amount of money but how much will we get to spend, and can we get a good replacement? Olsson would be an understudy for Givet which may or may not be a good thing. If we ended up with £4m and a good bit on wages, we may be able to strengthen our midfield. A difficult decision. Of course if Andrews went for £4m, that may help our midfield, or get Salgardo?

Speaking of Salgardo, any updates anyone?

Indeed. Not even taking into consideration the fact that he is possibly the best LB in the league outside of the top four, we wouldn't be able to find an even half decent replacement in the current financial climate.

Krancjar will be on £50k if not £60k+ a week at Pompey.

Anyone coming out of the Pompey or West Ham lunatic asylums will be on seriously daft wages.

I'd rather have this guy anyway. Big time man love for this guy. was suppose to be signing for valencia for 3.25m

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achille_Emana

No. He's a liability. As long as he remains at the club the temptation is there to put him on the pitch. It was the same with Mokoena but thankfully that temptation has gone.

He is staying for four years! In recent years, every professional who has worked with him, has wanted to continue working with him. Having a go at him every 5 minutes is not going to change anything. He had a bad game at the weekend I agree, but he didn't cost us a goal and almost scored one.

This forum is quite crazy sometimes.

Guest ErinBrown
Ditto.

Unfortunately it's never going to happen unless:

1) Kalinic and him are best buddy's

2) We find the necessary £5+ million (Just a guess - he's out of contract next summer) transfer fee on top of his wages down the back of JW's sofa.

Could happen. Let's not forget that Niko is in the last year of his contract.

If Sam liked the idea and Kalinic is mates with him, im sure Bilic would put in a helpful shove... i mean word and it could happen.

And how well did Dunn, Reid and Grella play? That was my point, in case you missed it.

They didn't play so a better contribution than Andrews. That was my point, in case you missed it. :D

Archived