Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aston Villa line up £7m swoop for Blackburn star Stephen Warnock

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...k.html?ITO=1490

Just seen their game on Football First.

They have bigger problems than at left - back.

Their keeper is getting creeky for a start.

Young is abysmal.

Both centre halves are awful.

Carew is Roberts in disguise and the bungalow is over-hyped.

Midfield is a mess without Barry. Start there MON.

• Backroom

Hold out for £10m then sell if and only if we have targets lined up and sam can use all of the money

*puts hard hat on and awaits abuse*

Maybe I didn't say this clearly enough the last time so I'll post it again.

This is the transfer topic. Only posts that are directly linked to targets and transfers should be placed here. No further off topic posts will be tolerated.

Good Night :rock:

Just seen their game on Football First.

They have bigger problems than at left - back.

Their keeper is getting creeky for a start.

Young is abysmal.

Both centre halves are awful.

Carew is Roberts in disguise and the bungalow is over-hyped.

Midfield is a mess without Barry. Start there MON.

Carew roberts in disguise...how?

Warnock was our best player today imo.

Don't agree there Gord. I think if Givet had been at fullback today we might have got something out of that game despite our woeful finishing.

As a defender I think Warnock is too much of a liability.

7M, snatch their hands off Sam.

Don't agree there Gord. I think if Givet had been at fullback today we might have got something out of that game despite our woeful finishing.

As a defender I think Warnock is too much of a liability.

7M, snatch their hands off Sam.

indded aggy, warnock was a major liability today esp first half. the amount of times he left his left back role to saunter forward, lose the ball trying to take on too many, then not be arsed about getting back into posistion was even worse than normal, not to mention his pathetic attempt at defending against wright-phillips for their opening goal. his head may well be elsewhere now, 7m is very good money for him.

sorry but i dont agtee with warnock @ 7m, as it stands now that will leave us screwed if Givet get injured. and if Salgado falls through where are we going to get someone that can do the job as good as warnock this late in the transfer window?

If you're going to make @#/? up, at least make up positive @#/?. :P

If we can get 7m for Warnock, it may be good business. Givet, Nelsen, Samba and Selgado would be our first choice defense with Jacobsen and Zurab adding cover. It would also, should the money not disappear, give us a chance to make a midfield addition (maybe Rothen).

indded aggy, warnock was a major liability today esp first half. the amount of times he left his left back role to saunter forward, lose the ball trying to take on too many, then not be arsed about getting back into posistion was even worse than normal, not to mention his pathetic attempt at defending against wright-phillips for their opening goal. his head may well be elsewhere now, 7m is very good money for him.

if you want to start posting about liabilities look no further than roberts....... :P

Anyone yesterdays display, Warnock should not be sold for such a misely sum IF SOLD AT ALL

I said to my mate yesterday during the game that Warnock had just added £2m to his valuation with his early second half display.

I think to be consistant with our pricing policy we would have to demand £10m for Warnock.

I don't necesserily believe this is his true value, but if we demand £18m for Santa Cruz and £3m for Derbyshire, then we would be loosening our policy to accept £7m for Warnock.

I said to my mate yesterday during the game that Warnock had just added £2m to his valuation with his early second half display.

Givet was terrific yesterday at centre-back. Keep him there! That means we need a left-back with the talent and experience to hold down that position. So lets not sell Warnock at all.

Guest Kamy100

I can't believe that people still want Warnock sold after his display yesterday, he was superb and for me should not be sold unless we get a stupid offer of £15 million plus. People saying that Givet could go to left back, why move him when he played so well as a centre half yesterday, I thought him and Samba showed signs of becoming a very good partnership.

What I don't understand is why people on this board want to lose a player like Warnock (versatile, good tackling, good passing even shooting and a possible England player over the coming months/years) for 7m and bring in no one or bring in Rothen.

Archived