BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

I am pretty certain we will accept something close to 7 million for him. It would be a huge mistake for two reasons. One is that Givet will move to left back which isnt his best position and two because our center back pairing wont be the best possible one at the club. Now if we turn around and purchase a quality central midfielder with all the proceeds, which we definitely wont, then that could off-set the loss a bit.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a thought

for the last 2 seasons rovers have sold the prize assets for big money and have only been able to make signings with the the money those deals have generated..if we sell warnock now for 7-8m or even 10m , who do we sell in january if we are in the bottom 3 again ? who do we sell NEXT summer ?

samba ? mccarthy ? or what about one of the new lads n'zonzi ? kalinic? ... the point being rovers now HAVE to sell to survive , but we have to be clever in WHEN we sell them selling warnock now would be a mistake

Instead of selling Warnock why doesnt the club look to sell Ryan Nelsen for big bucks.

I am pretty certain we will accept something close to 7 million for him. It would be a huge mistake for two reasons. One is that Givet will move to left back which isnt his best position and two because our center back pairing wont be the best possible one at the club. Now if we turn around and purchase a quality central midfielder with all the proceeds, which we definitely wont, then that could off-set the loss a bit.

For me, Nelsen is in the team because of how me played prior to injury and the fact that he is club captain. Selling him for somewhere in the region of £5m could be a shrewd bit of business but would it be enough to fund the midfield? Possibly, if we go for Rothen but there are mixed reviews about him being the answer.

Equally though, there are mixed feelings about selling Warnock.

Hypothetical question: if we sold Warnock and brought Bentley back and Salgado on a free, would people be in favour?

I wonder how much Maloney from Celtic would cost? I liked him at Villa and he could give us some creativity in the middle. Probably a pipedream though...

Your pipedream,my nightmare..... :rolleyes:

Nowhere near good enough in my opinion,just another overhyped scottish player.

I'm inclined to agree but we have no decent midfielders who can stay fit and no money to get one. Don't get me wrong, I do not want to sell Warnock but what's the alternative? Persevere with Andrews?

Sure, lets persevere with Andrews and get relegated, poor is flattering, simply not good enough for that level!

Hypothetical question: if we sold Warnock and brought Bentley back and Salgado on a free, would people be in favour?

Only if Sam thinks Salgado can do a job in midfield, quite frankly we don't need another right back.

Ideally i'd rather we sold Pedersen, Gally, Zurab plus some other fringe players, bring in Bentley and Salgado.

Sure, lets persevere with Andrews and get relegated, poor is flattering, simply not good enough for that level!

Perhaps I should have said "PERSEVERE WITH ANDREWS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Maybe then you would have understood my tone. ;)

Guest ErinBrown
Only if Sam thinks Salgado can do a job in midfield, quite frankly we don't need another right back.

Ideally i'd rather we sold Pedersen, Gally, Zurab plus some other fringe players, bring in Bentley and Salgado.

If Pedersen can play like he did yesterday consistently, i wouldn't sell him.

I also believe that if we are taking wages into account and what we already have when signing our next player, our next signing should be a creative center midfielder.

We were so close to a winning formula yesterday and all we needed was some punch and creativity going through the center!

David Bentley has further estranged himself from Arry at WHL, and i would even go as far to say that he will probably never play for them again after Harry's outrage at DB's drink driving. If we could get Bentley in it would be the answer to all our problems. How many Premier League players can be loaned at any one time. A loan with a view could be the answer to all our problems.

1 problem - a club willing to pay big bucks for Nelsen would be??

Exactly, and who give us anything for Dunn, Reid, Grella or at the moment Emmerton ? Gallagher would probably attract championship interest but only in the £500k-£750k bracket. Can Jacobson play left back ? No doubt about it without an attacking centre midfielder it's going to be a long, hard season.

I called my dog Warnock, we can't sell him I'll never look at my dog the same again. -_-:lol: he wouldn't be a rover!!

I called my dog Friedel and we sold him 2months later, but I would class him as a Rovers legend, so the dog kept his name!

I have been hoping we would sign Tunchay but that is never going to happen, we need some creativity, my worry about Salgardo is why hasnt a Spanish side signed him?

I called my dog Friedel and we sold him 2months later, but I would class him as a Rovers legend, so the dog kept his name!

I have been hoping we would sign Tunchay but that is never going to happen, we need some creativity, my worry about Salgardo is why hasnt a Spanish side signed him?

Because Sam nipped in first and convinced him to come to Rovers. :D

Nicko, noticed that you used Hughesy's picture of Salgado in the paper today. What's the latest on Salgado and Warnock?

Yes, an epic piece of photo journalism...still makes me smile.

Salgado is down to wages and negotiations, but I don't think Sam will be happy if it is not done by Monday or Tuesday. He needs to be over soon.

Everyone tells me Warnock is 'going to happen' with Villa. But I don't have much faith in Martin O'Neill's ability to sort out a fee...we may be talking about this one up until August 31.

Really not sure where to post this because we don't have a Salgado thread (yet?).

Anyone of our more knowledgeable members know what this is all about (medically speaking)?

I'm a doctor, and I can't think of any context in which this would have helped matters. It probably made it worse, if anything. Maybe that's why he's available on a free.

Archived