BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

I think Jacobsen played a very good match on Saturday and would continue with him even if Salgado is available.

I will be gutted if we sell warnock. He is the one out on that field which shows "arte et labore" most of all.

He also offers a lot more than Givet going forward. For those of you who say that Warnock played without passion and looked like he was off to Villa already - we cant have seen the same game.

Agreed. Each tackle he made was superb. I'd prefer Warnock at left back and Givet as centre. I honestly don't see Salgado playing right back as his first choice position. He'll be signed to play the holding midfielder role where he won't need to do as much running and his experience will be of great value to the team.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those saying which of our players are surplus, got any buyers for them at decent prices?

My guess is that contingency plans are being drawn up in case seriously big bids come in for Warnock and/or Samba. By that I mean adjacent to £10m each as offers in the £5m range are not even going to be considered as Villa have found out. But it does mean the bids need to be lodged in the next three days or else the club would be entirely consistent and within its right to do what they did to the RSC £20m-ish offers at the end of January and say "too late sunshine".

I think Jacobsen played a very good match on Saturday and would continue with him even if Salgado is available.

Am I the only one saw that when he was put under pressure he paniced and hit/dinked it forward, when he had better options. Back-up no more.

My thoughts exactly, has anyone actually seen him play there ever and are we just basing it on what Sam may or may not have said?

I have seen Salgado play twice in pre season for Real and he still had the pace, no doubt about that ^_^

Having seen Jacobsen twice now I'm not convinced on his suitablility for a starting role. Salgado for me would slot straight in at right back.

Givet's just played a blinder at Center back and already we are moving him to left back, why??? :blink:

What is it with our fans and square pegs in round holes??? :tu:

Salgado should play right back. He's still got legs and knows the role like the back of his hand. Emerton then goes into midfield with Jacobsen as back-up as I'm not convinced on him.

Salgado could play the holding role?, we'll see as I can't remember him playing there once.

What I've been saying too. Although Jacobsen was decent on Saturday, play Selgado at right back and Emo in the middle - once he's fit.

My thoughts exactly, has anyone actually seen him play there ever and are we just basing it on what Sam may or may not have said?

I have seen Salgado play twice in pre season for Real and he still had the pace, no doubt about that ^_^

He has played at centre back, and when he started at Madrid he was played as a defensive midfielder but was moved to right back when somebody got injured.

I'd be happy to take big cash for Samba. He may improve with age and that is an issue, so is the fact he is the one will legs and pace at the back. Love Givet and Nelsen but they lack pace.

He would be the last player I would sell - especially for £10m

What I've been saying too. Although Jacobsen was decent on Saturday, play Selgado at right back and Emo in the middle - once he's fit.

Moyes fought tooth and nail to keep him didn't he????? No, squaddie written all over him the more he plays the more others will see it.

Whoever suggestted selling Samba hang your head in shame. Your dead right it would leave us with no pace at all in central defence and what does almost every team have up front in the prem, yes pace so it essential to our defence to have this, sell him and we don't.

NO MORE SALES!!!!!

I'd be happy to take big cash for Samba. He may improve with age and that is an issue, so is the fact he is the one will legs and pace at the back. Love Givet and Nelsen but they lack pace.

What????? First you say you would be happy to let Samba go for big cash...then you go on to make a case for NOT letting him go. :blink:

IMO it would be folly of the worst kind to even consider letting Samba go unless we had a world record offer for a CB, and a ready to sign replacement of equal quality all lined up. And we all know that is NEVER going to happen.

Samba is still a young CB learning his trade. He is only going to get better and better. We "ain't seen nothing yet" as they say, and it woud be stupid to sell now both for footballing reasons and for financial reasons as his value in both directions has still got a long way to go in the upward direction. Why sell now and give some other club the benefits? How daft would that be?

What????? First you say you would be happy to let Samba go for big cash...then you go on to make a case for NOT letting him go. :blink:

IMO it would be folly of the worst kind to even consider letting Samba go unless we had a world record offer for a CB, and a ready to sign replacement of equal quality all lined up. And we all know that is NEVER going to happen.

Samba is still a young CB learning his trade. He is only going to get better and better. We "ain't seen nothing yet" as they say, and it it woud be stupid to sell now both for footballing reasons and for financial reasons as his value in both directions has still got a long way to go in the upward direction. Why sell now and give some other club the benfits? How daft can you get?

I agree with you Fife, problem is Sam has got himself in a bit of a selection trouble by buying Givet. Nelsen is the club captain, a great leader and has looked solid under Sam. Samba has huge potential all the qualities to become a top CB. Givet has been really good since he joined us and looks a very decent player. All three can't play CB, who do you drop? Can't see Givet, Samba or Nelsen being happy on the bench. Nelsen is surely a starter as well as he is the captain.

I guess the solution is to play Givet at left back, but that means we lose a bit offensively as he isn't going to make many forward runs. But where does that leave Warnock?

Here is a guy with an impeccable pedigree available for free. I reckon you don't squabble about his best position, you get him in as fast as possible.

I don't get the impression that this guy is just here for one last payday, I think he wants to make a name for himself in this league.

Am I the only one saw that when he was put under pressure he paniced and hit/dinked it forward, when he had better options. Back-up no more.

Having seen Jacobsen twice now I'm not convinced on his suitablility for a starting role. Salgado for me would slot straight in at right back.

Givet's just played a blinder at Center back and already we are moving him to left back, why??? :blink:

What is it with our fans and square pegs in round holes??? :tu:

I would be interested in Majiballs thoughts on this, I have always believed that a top proffessional of the calibre of Salgado,

he could slot into other roles, admittedly he is a top right full back and I have not seen enough of Jacobson to comment on him but in my opinion, Sam seems to be going for solid defence as the basis of his system!!

On the other hand, with both Selgado and Warnock as full backs, I see an attacking threat from these areas, especially if they can deliver a ball, both Pederson and Diouff are responsible with their defensive duties and would 'sit' if the full back bombed forward, maybe this signing would give us the option of two differing systems!!

Maji, are you still lurking?

Been busy with the day job...

Thought there was only the Salgado in/Warnock maybe out thing going on...and nothing had moved on that yesterday to my knowledge.

But some strange ones in the papers today.

ELLINGTON...bizarre suggestion he will be in a swap for Gallagher...surely they can't both have the same transfer value?...but it is obvious Sam doesn't fancy the big Gally fella.

ELITO...the young Colchester winger has apparently been on trial...he was a hot shot a couple of years ago...interesting...but ANOTHER nippy wide man after the Hoilett 'signing' and van Heerden's arrival...seems odd.

ELITO...the young Colchester winger has apparently been on trial...he was a hot shot a couple of years ago...interesting...but ANOTHER nippy wide man after the Hoilett 'signing' and van Heerden's arrival...seems odd.

Perhaps Sam is looking to offload Pedersen? Finding it strange we are being linked to loads of wingers, its an area you would think we have plenty of strength in.

Perhaps Sam is looking to offload Pedersen? Finding it strange we are being linked to loads of wingers, its an area you would think we have plenty of strength in.

Elito would be one for the future, not to be brought in to replace MGP. Sam is trying to build for the future and 19yr old Elito would probably make a few cup appearences for the next couple of seasons.

My guess is Sam is accutely aware of the lack of £££ and so is willing to look at any bargain he can find who gives the club a chance to improve in any position. That said, we have a report of Elrio being in a cast on his leg at the Citeh game so we might actually be short of cover.

I do find the idea of Ellington (Duke?) odd but I guess these stories are coming from Watford rather than Ewood.

A little bit strange.

All of these wingers coming in on trial - Elito, Van Der Meyde, Capoue etc tell me that something must be going on. I understand that there's no harm in taking a look, but all of our trialists seem to be in the same position.

IMO, either Sam will look to cash in on one of our wide men or secondly, one of our new recruits (and I'm thinking of EVH) is further off the pace/not as good as Sam expected.

I can't say that I'm overly enthusiastic about this signing. Unless Sam plans on playing Salgado in CM, then was the point in signing Jacobsen? And let's not forget that this guy will probably be one of our top earners. I can just forsee him getting an injury and joining the list of highly paid nobodies sitting in the stands and picking up their exorbitant wages each week.

Yep very odd looking at wingers like that.. I am curious as to if Sam is seriously considering moving Peders into a more central role *shrug* thats the only thing I can think of atm, surprised we did not have a quick look at that Matic fellow, seems highly rated for a cheap player for central midfield (1.75m)

I can understand that he wants top offload Gallagher but, if it is to bring Ellington, please no!!!

Yep. Cant see what Ellington adds. He's just a pale copy of Roberts.

Archived