BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

Guest ErinBrown
It's the Sun so who knows, haven't seen this release anywhere else today, so I suppose it could be true.

Salgado signs 2 year deal

Wouldn't pay to much attention to that. The header in the address bar says he is 'set to sign' and the article says he has signed?

Bentley is apparently available for £6 million. Shame we can't get in on that: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...cott-Brown.html

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think this has been mentioned.

Nicko - and any Italians out there - I've a friend in Italy who reckons Goran Pandev is in talks with Rovers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goran_Pandev

Any truth?

ps: this is the first time I have tried to put a link in a post. Apologies if it doesn't work.

Oh - and he has supposedly been frozen out after demanding more money.

Surely not by todays standards Pandev is worth at least £20m (however many euros) and if there is opposition in the club against the funing of Salgado on a free well it really speaks for itself doesn't it

I dont think this has been mentioned.

Nicko - and any Italians out there - I've a friend in Italy who reckons Goran Pandev is in talks with Rovers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goran_Pandev

Any truth?

ps: this is the first time I have tried to put a link in a post. Apologies if it doesn't work.

Oh - and he has supposedly been frozen out after demanding more money.

Definitely not true. I'll put my house on that.

Been at a game...not long back.

SALGADO...is in [as you know] and looking for a two-year deal...we shall see...still hear there is some resistance on high.

ELLINGTON...waiting on that one to develop.

WARNOCK AND VILLA...O'Neill has an annoying habit of bidding low for people...I can think of three cases of this right now...is it a good move for Warnock?...maybe he should think about that.

From what I have seen of the Premier League so far there are going to be a lot of teams at the wrong end. It is desperately ordinary.

WARNOCK AND VILLA...O'Neill has an annoying habit of bidding low for people...I can think of three cases of this right now...is it a good move for Warnock?...maybe he should think about that.

If the other rumoured Villa targets - Wheater, Bentley, Jenas last time I looked - came off, would that end their chase for Warnock?

From what I have seen of the Premier League so far there are going to be a lot of teams at the wrong end. It is desperately ordinary.

well you would go watching burnley now.. :D

no seriously, it`s early days yet. at this stage the games are often riddled with errors and poor defending as the players get the summer out of their systems. in a couple of months the quality will start to show through from the `haves`, and the `have nots` will drift away. it happens every season, look where hull were last season in october!(and reading the season before) they just took advantage of opponants playing indifferantly before the true form kicked in. that also sums up how bad we were under ince too though.

imo the best football is always played in the second half of the season when things start to hot up in terms of relegation struggles/europe qualification/titles. that`s the stage when the better sides show their true form.

Been at a game...not long back.

SALGADO...is in [as you know] and looking for a two-year deal...we shall see...still hear there is some resistance on high.

ELLINGTON...waiting on that one to develop.

That would be 1.2 games in then. Anyone who can perceive what's going to happen after that length of time shouldn't be writing for a 2 bit chancing newspaper. Nostranixus they will call you.

That would be 1.2 games in then. Anyone who can perceive what's going to happen after that length of time shouldn't be writing for a 2 bit chancing newspaper. Nostranixus they will call you.

Thats a very large axe youre grinding there. Mr Nixon doesnt have to come on here you know.

I doubt we are moving for Pandev. Its true that he is frozen out though. How many forward players will we go for? It would be great if true cause he is a highly rated player. Juve want to sign him, either now or next summer.

Agree. We already having to beg for money to pay Salgado's wages. I just cant believe Pandev would be brought in. If he does miraculously appear, then il bite Gords hat off. Lol

Thats a very large axe youre grinding there. Mr Nixon doesnt have to come on here you know.

Maybe not, but I'm sure he gets some enjoyment out of it and I'm sure he's big enough to take a bit of banter here and there.

He's a tabloid sports writer, tabloid sports writers don't do Rovers many favours in the daily news and match reports so they can possibly expect a bit back from time to time.

There are plenty on this site who worship Nicko, I am not one and nor do I buy the newspaper he is connected to but I do enjoy most of his posts on this messageboard.

He is appreciated by many as plenty showed through the condolences thread for his recent family bereavement.

Keep 'em comin' Nicko!

According to the LT - Salgado is a done deal on a 2 year deal and he will make his debut at Gillingham. He has turned down much more lucrative offers from Dubai & Zaragoza because he wants to play in the prem for us.

It also says that Dunn, Reid, Grella, Emerton & Kalinic are all being considered for the game too. :tu:

We tackle the season with only four fullbacks?

In football, sometimes, you get an opportunity to sign not only quality, but a presence around the place, there are not many around, particularly on free transfers.

Here we have one of the top proffessionals in the world who will help the younger lads along and provide a presence on the park which we havent got at the moment, he will lift the dressing room and be a real leader!!

He is still fit, his legs havent gone and his technique is excellent!!

According to the LT - Salgado is a done deal on a 2 year deal and he will make his debut at Gillingham. He has turned down much more lucrative offers from Dubai & Zaragoza because he wants to play in the prem for us.

It also says that Dunn, Reid, Grella, Emerton & Kalinic are all being considered for the game too. :tu:

Very good.

I think we will beat Gillingham if we end up with a better team than the one we play with in the Prem.

Archived