BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mokoena couldn't do it.

Well i meant that Mokoena was playing as a defensive mid. He was hopeless, and couldnt pass a ball. Salgado is much more capable, can still get up and down the pitch and can pass a ball.

:lol: probably ain't good enough he has to be the bees knee's,we've had offers for andrews and gally and there still here :huh:

But have we had offers for Andrews and Gally, I think its been more like enquiries than real offers.

FAO Miker, Iceman, tchocky and many others:

SALGADO IS NOT BEING BROUGHT IN TO PLAY CENTRE-MIDFIELD.

Listen to the words coming out of Allardyce's mouth in this interview from after the Man City game:

"Short of defenders"? Clearly our priority position...

You'll have to speak up a bit spencey. I can hardly hear you.

You'll have to speak up a bit spencey. I can hardly hear you.

Apologies, but the sheer number of people going on about Salgado being brought in for centre-midfield - when there are very recent videos of Allardyce openly saying he wants him for defence - boggles the mind.

It's almost as puzzling as some posters claiming that the solution must be that Pedersen is going to play in the middle of the park now - a position that (as far as I can remember) he has never played for club or country.

On the ellington transfer ;

correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt di santo return to chelsea in january , is that to cover drogba , while he is a way at the ANC? , and if gallacher isnt fancied by big sam and is attracting interest from championship clubs , we could ourselves be short on strikers .........and what if mccarthy is challenged by th SA coach to prove his commitment to the national side ahead of the world cup , by playing in that ANC? .... WE COULD BE FOOKED

We would have Benni, Roberts, Kalinic, Diouf and Hoilett.

I would prefer that Blackman or any other reserve striker would be given a chance than to get Ellington...

Our defensive midfield options are probably Grella, Nzonzi, Emerton, Warnock. Wouldn't call Andrews a defensive player... not sure what he is.

Salgado could, in theory, slot in there. We won't know until he's signed and playing!

Just seen Bent scored again.......wish we had the cash to get him always been a top striker, he'll score alot this season.

Hope Kalinic gets a good start! Remember Grabbi had a goal dissalowed vs Man Utd (Barthez) i maintain if that had stood

he'd have been totally different! :rolleyes:

Just to add................Garrido from City has been earmarked as a replacement for Warnock IF Aston Villa offer what Sam wants!

Apologies, but the sheer number of people going on about Salgado being brought in for centre-midfield - when there are very recent videos of Allardyce openly saying he wants him for defence - boggles the mind.

I can only sympathise with you spencey, the number of people who make the same point day after day, constantly repeating the same monotonous mantra. It must be very frustrating for you.

I can only sympathise with you spencey, the number of people who make the same point day after day, constantly repeating the same monotonous mantra. It must be very frustrating for you.

you would have thought it was Spencey Bob lol oh wait it is Spencey lol.

why no look at Michael Ball or even Gareth Bale if Warnock leaves?

Seriously?

Gareth Bale at a pinch simply because of his age,as for Michael Ball,did you mean the left back or the singer? because out of the 2 the singer would be the better option if only to make money from the merchandise side of things.... :rolleyes:

Archived