BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the official site:

ROVERS: Robinson ©, Jacobsen, Samba, Givet, Chimbonda; Grella, Nzonzi; Pedersen, Dunn, Andrews; Roberts.

Subs: Brown (GK), Emerton, Khizanishvili, Olsson, Kalinic, Hoilett, Salgado.

WEST HAM: Green, Parker, Cole, Upson ©, Noble, Jimenez, Spector, Collins, Faubert, Collison, Stanislas.

Subs: Kurucz (GK), Gabbidon, Dyer, Kovac, Nouble, Tomkins, Hines.

Now lets watch Chelsea destroy the dingles...

What a moment of Incight. ;)

Found this quite interesting in the BBC's preview:

Head-to-head

• West Ham are unbeaten in their last three matches at Ewood Park since a 3-2 defeat in December 2005.

• West Ham have scored in all league and cup meetings against Blackburn this decade. The last time they failed to find the back of the net was in a 3-0 defeat at Ewood Park in October 1998, some 15 matches ago.

• Blackburn have won nearly two thirds of all-time league meetings at Ewood Park; emerging victorious in 28 of 46 matches.

We'll definitly have to score two to win today, so hopefully Klaninic has put his old boots back on. Because I've got him down as first scorer.

3-2 Rovers.

From the official site:

ROVERS: Robinson ©, Jacobsen, Samba, Givet, Chimbonda; Grella, Nzonzi; Pedersen, Dunn, Andrews; Roberts.

WEST HAM: Green, Parker, Cole, Upson ©, Noble, Jimenez, Spector, Collins, Faubert, Collison, Stanislas.

4-4-1-1 Dunny behind Roberts? Actually it could be andrews behind Roberts and Dunny on the right...

Probably will have a great game after i say this but Roberts starting upfront? :rolleyes: If we only create a couple of chances all game the last person you want upfront is Roberts, he can't finish.

Kalinic doesnt start. Unsurprisingly. But hopefully he will come on.

Looks like 4-5-1 with Dunn further wide on the right and MGP on the left supporting Roberts. Looking closer at the official line-up, it suggests a 4-2-3-1 with two defensive midfielders in Grella and Nzonzi with Andrews the creative free linchpin in attacking midfield :( .

Emo is on the bench, and so is Mitchell.

Who's going to score??

I'm hoping it'll be more of a 433, dissappointted to see Klanic on the bench thats my bet ruined now.

Oh and where's Diouf???

EDIT: beat me too it Bucky, is he injured?? What am I saying its obvious isn't it probably had a bid for him. ;)

Robbo

Jacobsen Givet Samba Chimbonda

N Zonzi Grella

Dunn Andrews MGP

Roberts

Something like that? It will be interesting to see how the midfield is made up today. Its very nice to see Salgado and Emerton on the bench.

From the official site:

I got it spot on apart from Andrews playing instead of Diouf/Hoilett. I guess Diouf must be injured?

-----------------Roberts

-----Pedersen---Andrews-----Dunn

------------Grella------NZonzi

Chimbonda----Givet----Samba----Jacobsen

-----------------Robinson

I imagine we will see Hoilett and Kalinic second half. Be great for Emerton to make a contribution too.

Two holding midfielders at home? :blink:

It's quite an attacking formation because the other three midfielders can get alot further forward than in a 442.

That formation and line-up will not work.

Midfield is awful. There is even more awfulness than usual. 5 instead of 4.

I'd love to be wrong. Bench looks weak.

I would argue that our midfield looks strong!!

We now have Grella and Dunn back in there, our bench has Emerton, Hoillett, Kalinic and Salgado, that to me again is a strong bench.

I got it spot on apart from Andrews playing instead of Diouf/Hoilett. I guess Diouf must be injured?

-----------------Roberts

-----Pedersen---Andrews-----Dunn

------------Grella------NZonzi

Chimbonda----Givet----Samba----Jacobsen

-----------------Robinson

I imagine we will see Hoilett and Kalinic second half. Be great for Emerton to make a contribution too.

It's quite an attacking formation because the other three midfielders can get alot further forward than in a 442.

Yeah but we are talking about Pedersen whose form hasn't been to the heights it once was for some time, Dunny who is injury prone and doubtful he is fully fit and Andrews who isn't regarded good enough by a lot of fans.

With Roberts up front you just have to hope he has a great game, if he isn't firing on all cylinders he is a waste of a place. I'd rather use Roberts as an impact sub.

Martin, if our bench is weak, what about the Hammers?

I would have played Hoillet instead of Andrews and switched with Dunny who couldve played centrally. Otherwise, as strong a midfield as we are going to have this season.

I hope your all wrong Playmaker Keith, (bites tongue) lets hope he has a good game.

Think your dead right, if Diouf was out I'd have played Hoillet.

Very dissappointted we haven't got two up top, I hope this works.

EDIT: I hope Dunn and Grella are ready for this.

Yeah but we are talking about Pedersen whose form hasn't been to the heights it once was for some time, Dunny who is injury prone and doubtful he is fully fit and Andrews who isn't regarded good enough by a lot of fans.

With Roberts up front you just have to hope he has a great game, if he isn't firing on all cylinders he is a waste of a place. I'd rather use Roberts as an impact sub.

The only other fit option is Kalinic who had a mare against Gills.

Dunn looks very sharp and really prospers in this kind of formation which gives him loads of licence to move and drift, suits Peds too. We have very defensive full backs also which gives the wide players freedom also.

Key player is Grella for me. If he can step up we will be in a really good position. The ball will go through him all game so we need his distribution to be creative and accurate. Hopefully his lack of pace will be less exposed with NZonzi alongside.

Hoilett will look to stretch and test the Wham left back in the latter part of the game I am sure.

2-1 Rovers.

Good to see Dunn and Grella finally starting again, theoretically our best CM pairing in a 4-4-2. A lot needed of them with no central midfielders brought in to date (N'Zonzi aside).

Interesting to see Emerton on the bench with both Zurab and Ollson, suggests he's being looked at as a midfielder primarily rather than an RB. Speculative at this point I know but good to see.

Archived