BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts so far... West Ham well on top, they've got some great ball players, particularly Jimenez.

Samba can't get to grips with Cole at all and nearly let him in for a goal, which he should have scored.

Chimbonda's been superb.

Thoughts so far... West Ham well on top, they've got some great ball players, particularly Jimenez.

Samba can't get to grips with Cole at all and nearly let him in for a goal, which he should have scored.

Chimbonda's been superb.

If Chimbonda can play like this each week, it will be a good decent purchase with a quarter of that Warnock coin.

Good news: Chimbonda has possibly been our best player. Steven who?

Bad news: It was obvious to everyone on the face of the planet but BFS that we would create next to nothing with only Roberts in attack, and that's what happened. Injured or not get a 2nd striker in IMMEDIATELY.

Can't see us scoring to be honest with just 1 up front, especially with Roberts. 4-5-1 relies on having a very decent targeman and we lost that when we sold Roque. Benni can't play up front on his own, Kalinic is a poacher so he needs someone alongside him, Di Santo is injured. Roberts really aint good enough.

I'd switch to the 4-4-2 second half.

Solid defensively, patches of good possession through the midfield but nothing resembling a build up up front. Roberts can produce nothing on his own and I hope we move towards a 4-4-2 with Kalinic in the second half.

Grella been good, N'Zonzi not had his best game. Dunn ok, Andrews better than usual, Pedersen has linked up well on the left with our best player, Pascal Chimbonda, who has been immense down the left and who has come into the box to stop at least two shots on goal.

My subs: N'Zonzi and Dunn/Andrews off, Hoilett and Kalinic on. Hoilett to the right and Dunn/Andrews to partner Grella in the centre. Kalinic to play with Roberts and give us a decent chance to actually score.

Well, we got a bit better before half-time, but I do not understand Big Sam's tactics. I could understand if one of our defensive midfielders were tracking Jimenez but they're not, I could understand if two of them were busting a lung to get into the box to support Roberts at every opportunity, but they're not, I could understand if they were doubling up to overcome the full-backs, but they're not. It's just a mass of midfielders and West Ham have still passed their way around them pretty much at will, with Jimenez the chief architect and Noble and Parker willing deputies.

On the plus side, Chimbonda and Pedersen have linked up well down the left, and Roberts' physical presence has created a few half-chances.

In my opinion we need to get another forward on, and try a bit more passing and movement and a few less long diagonal balls. We shall see.

Chimbonda has been great. Goal saving tackle, good surging runs forward and looks very comfortable on the ball. It's hard to think that N Zonzi cost so little, he's going to become a decent player in our squad, minus the long range shots. Jacobsen has been solid. Creating nothing but half chances going forward unfortunately. Good game to watch, would be better if Rovers get the first goal :rover:

Archived