BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:P did he score you plant pot,he would not score on mincing lane,i watched the whole sunderland game and he was his usual robust self without scoring,and at gillingham we were playing in his league,ps put me on ignore :P

just becasue he did not score, does not mean he had a bad game. If you knew anything about football you would know this.

Roberts does miss a lot of chances i agree, but the last 2 games against sunderland and gillingham, he has not done nothing wrong and along with Givet (sam signing) he as been one of our better players.

just becasue he did not score, does not mean he had a bad game. If you knew anything about football you would know this.

Roberts does miss a lot of chances i agree, but the last 2 games against sunderland and gillingham, he has not done nothing wrong and along with Givet (sam signing) he as been one of our better players.

:lol: so the job of a striker is not to score ;)

:lol: so the job of a striker is not to score ;)

Going back to the 70s there was a Leeds striker called Mick Jones, got around 10 goals max per season, Alan (sniffer) Clarke got around 32 goals - Alan Clarkes words not mine, 28 of the 32 were created by Micks hard work and unselfish play!!!

So a striker/front man has more roles than simply scoring goals!!

Guest charlie1

i think it's obvious Chimbonda will play centre half whilst Nelsen is out. We will line up like this:

Robbo

Jacobsen Chimbonda Samba Givet

Diouf Dunn N'zonzi Pedersen

Kalinic Roberts.

But his main objective should be to score goals.

This is the problem for Roberts - nobody else is really pitching in with goals so all his efforts are going to waste, and when the chances for him to score come along alot what can be described as easy/ decent, he is not taking them, unfortunately leaving him as the scapegoat for the teams failings.

But his main objective should be to score goals.

This is the problem for Roberts - nobody else is really pitching in with goals so all his efforts are going to waste, and when the chances for him to score come along alot what can be described as easy/ decent, he is not taking them, unfortunately leaving him as the scapegoat for the teams failings.

;) in other words he ain't good enough for the premier ^_^

Technically the deadline is receiving league approval by an hour before the match:

1. A Player shall not play for a Club in a League Match unless that Club holds his registration with

effect from at least one hour before kick-off.

2. A Club shall be deemed to hold the registration of a Player upon receipt of the Secretary’s

certificate in writing to that effect.

Probably is Friday afternoon because the Secretary wants to bugger off early for a few pints!!

i think it's obvious Chimbonda will play centre half whilst Nelsen is out. We will line up like this:

Robbo

Jacobsen Chimbonda Samba Givet

Diouf Dunn N'zonzi Pedersen

Kalinic Roberts.

All the notes are there but not necessarily in the right order. :lol:

I'd expect us to lineup with:

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

someone-someone-someone-Pedersen

Roberts McCarthy

I have absolutely no idea about midfield. It will depend on who's fit and match ready. Pedersen will definitely start though. I have a feeling Andrews will as well.

I'd expect us to lineup with:

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

someone-someone-someone-Pedersen

Roberts McCarthy

I have absolutely no idea about midfield. It will depend on who's fit and match ready. Pedersen will definitely start though. I have a feeling Andrews will as well.

Isn't it simply a case of whoever from our bunch of foreign mercenaries is young and fit enough to play football for 90 minutes?

Going back to the 70s there was a Leeds striker called Mick Jones, got around 10 goals max per season, Alan (sniffer) Clarke got around 32 goals - Alan Clarkes words not mine, 28 of the 32 were created by Micks hard work and unselfish play!!!

I remember Mick Jones - he was my idol in the early 70s, so much so I nearly converted to following LUFC. He was a hard-working player who scored his fair share but would give his all in order for the team to profit. He broke his arm / elbow badly in a televised game and was never the same again. Similar in playing style to Tony Parkes, but with the work ethic of Kevin Hird and John Bailey. A top player - worth 20 of the typical journeymen we call 'professionals' these days.

Bringing a Connemara man to the game tomorrow for his first taste of live EPL football - hoping he is going to be a talisman, and that we absolutely batter WHU and convert a good few of the chances we create. C'mon you Blues!

;) in other words he ain't good enough for the premier ^_^

As a striker no - but as a forward its debateable.

If we had somebody knocking in the goals and maybe the midfield doing their bit Roberts would be more valued and his 'striking inabilities' would no doubt be overlooked by most providing he was contributing in some way.

Team I would be tempted to play:

--------------------Roberts

-------Pedersen---Dunn----Hoilett

---------------Grella-----NZonzi

Chimbonda--Givet----Samba----Jacobsen

---------------Robinson

Subs: Brown, Salgado, Andrews, Emerton, Diouf, Kalinic, McCarthy

I will be really interested to see which of Andrews or Grella, and Hoilett or Diouf start.

ps. Strong bench there. Our strongest ever? Shame that everyone in the prem has similar quality these days.

Archived