BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same old feeling for me. To win we'll have to score a couple at least. Where are those goals going to come from ? We've played two serious friendlies, two league games and one league cup game. In four of those games we've scored one goal and that was from a defender. In the league cup game we got three, all by midfielders. If your strikers don't score you struggle it's as simple as that.

I'm hoping for a win but how we arrive at that point is another story.

I am usually chipper as weekend approaches, especially a long Bank Holiday weekend, however, I just feel so deflated about having to get myself to Ewood Park tomorrow.

Things all appear to be spiralling downwards Roverswise and it is hard to see and watch SA looking so down and dull in his pre match conferences, it goes against his personality.

That suggests to me an underlying issue at the club.

oh well, its only our bogey team and we have zilcho points on the board. Whats the worst that can happen eh?? ^_^

Well I'm looking forward to this one 1864. I totally agree with the rest of your post, but it's my first game of the season.

What I want from this game, more than anything, is that the rovers show they can score goals. I can't remember the last time we had a side that posed a real threat. Goals, that's what we want today.

I'm actually very very nervous about this game. I felt the exact same way last season in the tail end with those must win games. Ideally from 3 games we should have 3 points on the board, but if something goes wrong tonight... the boat will certainly be rocked; how much talk can a team do :blush:

With this said I can see Rovers being quite comfortable with a 3-1 win. Early goal from a corner with Samba, McCarthy just before half time and Kalinic in the 64th minute to put it beyond doubt. I don't really care who scores for West Spam.

Will you attending this afternoon Paul ( B) ?

Yes :)

Well I'm looking forward to this one 1864. I totally agree with the rest of your post, but it's my first game of the season.

What I want from this game, more than anything, is that the rovers show they can score goals. I can't remember the last time we had a side that posed a real threat. Goals, that's what we want today.

Yes :)

Yes, I know you're correct about this. My problem is I yearn for the time when some of these players meant something to me, when I could feel some attachment to the team, when I could feel the players cared. It isn't that the players are foreign, though hving to Google every new signing doesn't help, it's that they don't care, don't try. It means nothing to any of them.

Utterly agree; aside from the premiership winning team, there's been a fair few teams where I've thought that these players really are part of the club. Maybe it was an illusion but you got the impression that they were part of rovers, they cared how wed did, and they identified with the club and you could identify them with the team. From the Parkes-Hodgeson team with characters like Hendry, McKinlay, Sutton & Gally up front, to the early Souness years team, to the Hughes team with Bentley, Peds, Savage, Tugs. All felt like teams with heros - even with the weaknesses individual players had.

These days there's fewer players when I look at the squad and think that I can identify them with being Rovers, as oppose to playing for rovers. Nelsen, Dunn, Benni and Peds I suppose still count (admittedly Benni in a mercenary manner - he's our mercenary) but there are far fewer then there used to be.

Oh, and I think we'll beat West Ham today 2-1. The circus in mid week can't have helped the team and we utterly battered them here last year so I reckon a rovers win is on the cards.

Maybe this isn't clearly worded, but I know what Paul is getting at. Looking at those team I've mentioned, maybe it's a fallicy born of being successful. Maybe it's a sign of the changing times - loyalty seems to be getting less and less in football. Either way I hope Sam managers to get a group of players together who become the next bunch of Rovers heros.

These days there's fewer players when I look at the squad and think that I can identify them with being Rovers, as oppose to playing for rovers. Nelsen, Dunn, Benni and Peds I suppose still count (admittedly Benni in a mercenary manner - he's our mercenary) but there are far fewer then there used to be.

Maybe this isn't clearly worded, but I know what Paul is getting at. Looking at those team I've mentioned, maybe it's a fallicy born of being successful. Maybe it's a sign of the changing times - loyalty seems to be getting less and less in football. Either way I hope Sam managers to get a group of players together who become the next bunch of Rovers heros.

I'd add Emerton to that list, gives his all everytime on the pitch and must be one of our longest serving players (6th year at the club?).

Maybe this isn't clearly worded, but I know what Paul is getting at.

No you make it very clear, people either "feel" what you and I feel and so understand it's mainly an emotional thing, others think you're a whinger...but they don't understand. :)

quick question i have got the 150 ticket for the darwen end does this enable me to go into the blues bar before and after the game?

It's a Season Ticket so yes. Get there early as I think they're only allowed 170 people in there - then you have to queue.

Unless you have splashed out £50 on a Blue Bar Membership like me <_< , in which case you can waltz in when you like.

It's a Season Ticket so yes. Get there early as I think they're only allowed 170 people in there - then you have to queue.

Unless you have splashed out £50 on a Blue Bar Membership like me <_< , in which case you can waltz in when you like.

Thanks lad will they be showing the arsenal game in there?

Archived