BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V West Ham

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take that against West Ham, but I would definitely like to see Kalinic and Hoilett spend more time together up front, they looked dangerous in the final 20 minutes. No injuries a huge bonus.

Chimbonda our first half best, Dunn in the second. Nobody had a poor game but the 4-5-1 for 65 minutes was always going to make it hard to score. On the plus side the defense looked great and I would like to see that back 4 going forward, nothing against Nelsen.

Where does Salgado play when he's up to speed now that Dunn and Grella are playing 90 minutes and N'Zonzi is continuing to progress, assuming he's not pencilled in for RB where Jacobsen has been one of our better players?

here we go, 0-0 FT

I don't care who played well and who played good, they all could have played like Christano Ronaldo for all I care but not one could score a single f****ing goal. Forget luck, forget everything, we are completely and utterly useless. 3 straight games more than enough chances to win the game by a margin and we can't score. We can't score and we can't score. And now there's an international break and we get to stay in the relegation zone 5 points behind Burnley.

BFS made the changes way too late and is responsible as well.

The team is a complete and utter joke.

Pretty much controlled the second-half, fashioned a few chances (one of which Hoillett should have taken) and Dunn really came into his own.

Solid defensively apart from some early lapses by Samba, and Robinson was not really tested.

Andrews had a better game but his passing is so bad it's unreal, the sooner he's not troubling the starting XI the better. Grella was so-so, good energy and better distribution than Andrews, while N'Zonzi was largely invisible.

Kallinic and Hoillett both looked lively when they came on, and were a far greater threat than Roberts who, although he created a few half-chances with his strength, did nothing with the ball under his control.

A point is better than nothing, but on the basis of the second-half we should have had all three. Deathly boring to watch though!

FFS this is a ******** disgrace 3 straight games we cannot knock the ball in the back of the ******* net. Chance after chance after chance noone can score. What the hell is going on.

well we scored last week if that counts?

The Bad

Goals, goals, goals. Where are they coming from? Getting quite worried about this

The Good

Everyone played well, particularly Dunn, Grella, Chimbonda, Jacobson, Givet, Samba, even Andrews was pretty decent.

Kalinic looked a million times better than he did against Sunderland or Gills - really good feet, tall, and somehow seemed like he had a bit of strength.

The side at the end, which I suppose is probably near our best team even including players out injured, actually looks balanced, creative, hardworking and very solid.

Defence looks absolutely brilliant - is Nelsen going to get back in?

Grella and Dunn completed 90 mins and did not look that shattered which is vital.

Hoilett is a genuine exciting talent.

So in many ways I am really positive. Our squad looks strong and varied, with little in terms of poor players, with a nice mix of young and old, and real depth. But we need to score goals.

Also the West Ham side seem to lack ambition so maybe it flattered us a bit, but it is hard to say.

Poor performance. We didnt really create anything. Dunn was the only player trying to make things happen. Roberts was useless but isolated.

Kalinic came on and did more than Roberts did in his 75 minutes.

Junior looked decent too.

We didnt deserve a win to be honest but I am so disappointed with the poor performance.

Final note, Andrews was useless, inept.

The team is a complete and utter joke.

Complete overreaction. We're only three games in. If I remember rightly, this time last year everyone was looking confident with Ince at the helm. :blink:

It was good to get Dunn & Grella back on the side, and sounds like they had a solid game today.

Terrible performance.

Another bad result.

Those sort of games happen, but on the back of 2 defeats its not what you would expect. Really poor. Now officially a bad start to the season.

Negative comments from a negative so called supporter. Basically this is a new team that sam has put together. It will take time for them to gell. It is a younger side than last season. Rovers did not miss Warnock as Chimbonda played well. A very good defensive performance which is what Sam wanted. A lot of positives to build upon.

Although none of the results so far have not been good - the perfomances have been good in all the games.

Burnley lost, Bolton in the bottom 3, Rovers did not lose.

It has been a good day, yes could have been better, but good all the same.

Where does Salgado play when he's up to speed now that Dunn and Grella are playing 90 minutes and N'Zonzi is continuing to progress, assuming he's not pencilled in for RB where Jacobsen has been one of our better players?

Good point this - where the hell does Salgado fit in?

There is quite a long list of players who will view themselves as first team but its hard to see how they will break into that lot - McCarthy, Diouf, Di Santo, Emerton, Reid, Nelsen, Salgado.

Good for competition though.

Just listened to Sam on Radio Rovers - He seems very pleased.

There was nothing in this game. Hoilett had the big chance. He looked very good when he came on.

I thought Andrews had a good first half, but in the second he was awful.

Roberts was ineffective.

Dunn, Chimbonda and Grella were good.

There was nothing clever about our play. It was direct and simple. Not good to watch, but will get the points to make us safe - no more than that.

Poor performance. We didnt really create anything. Dunn was the only player trying to make things happen. Roberts was useless but isolated.

Kalinic came on and did more than Roberts did in his 75 minutes.

Junior looked decent too.

We didnt deserve a win to be honest but I am so disappointed with the poor performance.

Final note, Andrews was useless, inept.

Harsh. Andrews had a decent enough game. Pedersen was probably our worst player if you want a scapegoat. No one actually played that badly.

We just didn't create enough in the final third. Strong argument for starting Kalinic and Hoilett next match.

I would also add as a positive that after the international break, there is a strong possibility that Nelsen and Di Santo will be near fitness as well as Grella, Dunn and Emerton ready for the first team.

I am disappointed that we drew 0-0 but we looked like a side that had lost its first 2 games. As well as the above FIVE first 11 players we were also missing Benni and EHD, thats SEVEN first 11 players who could be ready for the game after the international break. Remember that we had 4 points at this point last year and look how that turned out!

Just listened to Sam on Radio Rovers - He seems very pleased.

There was nothing in this game. Hoilett had the big chance. He looked very good when he came on.

I thought Andrews had a good first half, but in the second he was awful.

Roberts was ineffective.

Dunn, Chimbonda and Grella were good.

There was nothing clever about our play. It was direct and simple. Not good to watch, but will get the points to make us safe - no more than that.

Do you think Hoilet will be a starter before long? seems like he's impressed everytime!

Archived