BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea

Flopsy

How can you say "these clubs" when the only clubs and league that seem to come under scruitiny are the english teams!! I would be all for the bringing down of these clubs as long as it is done across the board but until it only involved english teams Platini can go screw himself. P.S your in dream land if you think we rival Chelsea

Roma whom last I checked was not an English club had a very similar ban imposed on them, within the last couple years if i'm not mistaken. The charges were then reduced but still it shows its not an Anti-English decision.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roma whom last I checked was not an English club had a very similar ban imposed on them, within the last couple years if i'm not mistaken. The charges were then reduced but still it shows its not an Anti-English decision.

Well, don't worry. Chelsea are appealing this, and of course it will be downgraded to a slap on the wrist.

There is no such competition as the "EPL".

The top tier of English football is called the Barclays Premier League, or Premier League for short.

The EPL (or indeed the Premiership) does not exist.

So is it Coca Cola, Coke, or Coca Cola Classic?

There is no such competition as the "EPL".

The top tier of English football is called the Barclays Premier League, or Premier League for short.

The EPL (or indeed the Premiership) does not exist.

Back on subject, I applaud Fifa's actions against Chelsea but look forward to them taking a similar tough line with the likes of Real and Barcelona.

Of course it's not the EPL to you, it's just the PL. If someone is an Indian cricket fan than maybe their version of the Premier League is different. All around the would people refer to the BPL (which is it's real name) as the EPL and, while there's no right or wrong and whether you agree or not, it is pretty acceptable.

Whilst I agree with the punishment, it is with little precident.

They should have just come out and said from (enter date) this (enter reason) is what is deemed as illegal behaviour and this is the punishment.

Isolating clubs on a case by case basis leads to nothing but favouritism and appeal after appeal.

If Chelsea are guilty then surely Arsenal, Man U., Man City, and Real have all induced players to break their contracts and should receive similar bans.

Isn't it only a 6 month loan? That means his contract with us ends in 6 months, and if he was unable to register with Chelsea it'd surely make him a free agent, rather than a Rovers player?

Chelsea have his contract and I'm sure he will be allowed back to play for them since he's not a new player. I'm now more worried about who we will get to replace him in Jan.

Got to say I'm surprised the kid has been punished given that he would have had his parents making the decisions and signing the contracts due to his age. If we are going to move more towards protecting the kids and the clubs that produce them, this will certainly help.

From the BBC:

Manchester United could be the next big club to be punished with a transfer ban if they are found guilty of an illegal approach to Le Harve youngster Paul Pogba. (Various)

I might be wrong but I think Arsenal are less cavalier in the way they do these things.

Of course it's not the EPL to you, it's just the PL. If someone is an Indian cricket fan than maybe their version of the Premier League is different. All around the would people refer to the BPL (which is it's real name) as the EPL and, while there's no right or wrong and whether you agree or not, it is pretty acceptable.

Americans' love of acronyms is not reciprocated over here.

In England the league is called colloquially (sp?) the "Premier League", the "Prem" and often (wrongly) the "Premiership".

Never BPL or EPL or any other ghastly shortened form.

Tony Gale was on SSN news a few minutes ago, saying how the punishment handed out to Chelsea was unproportional to the crime. His evidence was simply that tapping up has been going on since year dot.

It's really got nothing to do with tapping up. The lad had signed a pre contract agreement with Lens, so was their player. Lens were prepared to sell him at their price, but Chelsea simply took him and played him, illegally, in a pre season tournament, without agreeing a fee with lens and without international clearance.

Chelsea must be punished hard for this sort of behaviour. The English big clubs think they're answerable to no-one these days.

Article.

In England the league is called colloquially (sp?) the "Premier League", the "Prem" and often (wrongly) the "Premiership".

Never BPL or EPL or any other ghastly shortened form.

You're OK Jim.

You would never find such English mangling abbreviations, initialism and acronyms in the OED, err I mean the Oxford English Dictionary. It's disgusting how we're being swamped by these alien terms. You should lodge a complaint about this insidious cultural invasion ASAP to your local MP or the BBC (though rumour has it that they're at it too!).

US Brits - like - only use the Queen's English, and would never reciprocate this American love of acronyms would we? Certainly you would never hear those ghastly forms of shortened English over here: NATO, BC/AD, AM/PM, UN, DNA, AWOL, PVC, BMA, HIV, TUC, BNP, UKIP, INRI, LSD, STD, PhD, BA, Bsc, CV, QED...BFS.

P.S....Back on topic, this Chelsea transfer embargo is a bit of a kick in the testimonials for any prospect of extending the Di Santo loan.

You're OK Jim.

You would never find such English mangling abbreviations, initialism and acronyms in the OED, err I mean the Oxford English Dictionary. It's disgusting how we're being swamped by these alien terms. You should lodge a complaint about this insidious cultural invasion ASAP to your local MP or the BBC (though rumour has it that they're at it too!).

US Brits - like - only use the Queen's English, and would never reciprocate this American love of acronyms would we? Certainly you would never hear those ghastly forms of shortened English over here: NATO, BC/AD, AM/PM, UN, DNA, AWOL, PVC, BMA, HIV, TUC, BNP, UKIP, INRI, LSD, STD, PhD, BA, Bsc, CV, QED...BFS.

Rather an OTT response don't you think ?

:lol:

Common stereotype. I do not walk around all day abbreviating and acronym-ing everything I see and do. Though, to be fair, all of our sports major leagues have acronyms...but they make sense too.

US Brits - like - only use the Queen's English, and would never reciprocate this American love of acronyms would we?

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting twists this morning:

- Chelsea have not surprisingly pointed out that their signing passed all the FA's stringent rules so are trying to put the FA in the dock with themselves.

- Man U have now been reported to FIFA on two dodgy transfers of kids.

- Meanwhilst the FA and Quest have found 15 questionable transfers involving PL clubs in the last three windows and sent the dossier to FIFA and not the PL. There has got to be a big story here.

I might be wrong but I think Arsenal are less cavalier in the way they do these things.

Wasn't there a bad smell over their capture of Anelka from PSG? Also I think there were some issues over Pennant and Walcott. Lets face it it's dog eat dog and to a certain extent everybody will be at it.

Well I think Di Santo will break some hearts if he has to return to Chelsea in Jan. Today he had a real hunger for the game in spite of being up against normally rock steady Collins and Dunne and he seems to have already developed a remarkeable rapport with the Blackburn End. No one else has been able to 'get em going' and singing like he did today. Even threw his shirt in at the end to cement the deal. Good lad.

• Backroom

Its ok Theno, we'll get Big Sam to give him a kick at the end of December, just enough to keep him out say a month, maybe then Chelsea wont require him back to cover the January outgoings.

Well I think Di Santo will break some hearts if he has to return to Chelsea in Jan. Today he had a real hunger for the game in spite of being up against normally rock steady Collins and Dunne and he seems to have already developed a remarkeable rapport with the Blackburn End. No one else has been able to 'get em going' and singing like he did today. Even threw his shirt in at the end to cement the deal. Good lad.

Showed Roberts what is needed from a front man that is asked to play a lone striker role, superb. Just a shame that he is likely to be called back in Jan.

Archived