SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea

Flopsy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Now that is a big story.

Chelsea will surely challenge this though, I bet it goes down to just the January window on appeal.

If it stands it could absolutely cripple them, they have one of the oldest teams in the league and will desperately need freshening up before 2011.

wow, that is huge news.... but no way it stands, just like a lot of the FIFA and UEFA punishments for match antics, chants, racism etc. or those point deductions for match fixing in Italy, it'll get reduced on appeal and in the end it will affect little.

Still good news to see them at least TRYING to do something, I guess.

The thing is that if they cant sign players, and the African nations is coming up I can se Di Santo being called back in Jan.

Depends on the fitness of other players I guess...they might see Anelka, Kalou and Sturridge as enough for that month.

Wow. Now that is a big story.

Chelsea will surely challenge this though, I bet it goes down to just the January window on appeal.

If it stands it could absolutely cripple them, they have one of the oldest teams in the league and will desperately need freshening up before 2011.

Agree this is what will happen. Shame as the full punishment would really hit the club.

but no way it stands, just like a lot of the FIFA and UEFA punishments for match antics, chants, racism etc.

The fines for racist chants are a joke. They dish out £20k or £50k fines and what does that mean to a club or a national federation?

I agree with getting tough and if chelsea have poached this kid then they deserve the ban. They aren't the only team and hopefully others get picked up for it.

Personally, I see it as yet another example of FIFA and UEFA trying to weaken the strength of the Premier League. If they broke the rules then they should be fined and compensation paid to the French club, but this seems way over the top. When you look at the racial abuse that our players have had to withstand in Spain and yet that barely gets a mention by the suits of FIFA or UEFA. Kakuta has been banned for FOUR months - which seems harsh on a lad who was 15 or 16 when this happened.

While I have no sympathy for Chelsea if they broke the rules, I do feel that FIFA and UEFA are determined to put a stop to the money that is flowing into the Premier League. Does anyone believe that the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona or any of the top Italian clubs would have been treated the same?

I would hope that Chelsea would challenge this ruling in a higher court.

From a Rovers point of view, if this stands, then I think that Franco di Santo will certainly be returning to London in January.

Archived