BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Today I Fell Out Of Love With Football

Having spent 80 mins at Stamford bridge my love for football has died. We are so so so so far behind a team like Chelsea I feel like I'm following a different sport. Without any money we will be relegated this year and if lucky next. We gave it a good go but I don't see how it's possible to compete with even the sunderlands stokes and Birmingham after January. Mr Williams find a buyer or we die it's that simple

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said it in the other thread.

Frak modern football. It has destroyed our club. The sad things is that a large number of fans "don't see a problem", support modern football players and see "no difference" with the way things were before. Well I hope those people are happy with these results, because it is exactly what our current situation and future are.

Having spent 80 mins at Stamford bridge my love for football has died. We are so so so so far behind a team like Chelsea I feel like I'm following a different sport. Without any money we will be relegated this year and if lucky next. We gave it a good go but I don't see how it's possible to compete with even the sunderlands stokes and Birmingham after January. Mr Williams find a buyer or we die it's that simple

Don't be such a soft git. It's only history repeating itself. On the positive side it's character building and might just stop you giving easy money to the fat cats in the city in future.

Oh and btw finding a buyer has sweet FA to do with Mr Williams.

Some fans enjoy living in the past. You need too wake up, so confident we will stay up?? Who are we better than?? We will lose at home to utd, I put my house on it, the inbreds won. Knee jerk reaction my ass I,ve been a rovers fan 15 years so I'm allowed my opinion. I just live my team like you and get upset when I see such a pathetic performance.

Some fans enjoy living in the past. You need too wake up, so confident we will stay up?? Who are we better than?? We will lose at home to utd, I put my house on it, the inbreds won. Knee jerk reaction my ass I,ve been a rovers fan 15 years so I'm allowed my opinion. I just live my team like you and get upset when I see such a pathetic performance.

Sleep on it bubble. If we're 10th at Christmas no-one will care about today.

is that all :blink:

grow up... life aint so peachy despite what you dream :lol:

Two stuffings before the end of October, it's enough to make anyone glum.

We're just on a different planet to a team like Chelsea. I don't expect us to be relegated, but days like today (coming fast on the heels of getting at at Arsenal) are enough to make anyone wonder what the point is.

Two stuffings before the end of October, it's enough to make anyone glum.

We're just on a different planet to a team like Chelsea. I don't expect us to be relegated, but days like today (coming fast on the heels of getting at at Arsenal) are enough to make anyone wonder what the point is.

I've said it before. The football money men are laughing all the way to their offshore banks - laughing at the blind fans, who like lemmings turn out for a product that is just sub-standard and non-competitive.

BTW: I don't mean to be pompous but I think that all expressions of disillusionment about the game of football are footnotes to this post of mine: http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/21147-a-question-for-footballs-fat-cats/

The issue is essentially that under Big Sams percentage game plan these games are written off. We saw it in the second half against Burnley when we decided to sit deep and nearly blew it and we see it against all the top teams for the last couple of seasons, Under Souness admittedly with a more talented set of players we frequently took on the big boys outplayed them and got results. We never look close these days (Villa was against the grain against an idiosyncratic manager and team). No doubt sam has got it all planned out where he is going to get the points but this hardly endears him to the fans - if it is going to be so predictable then the fans enthusiasm and committment will suffer.

I sometimes wonder why you even follow football at all.

Get into horse riding or something, there are no spawns of Satan in that sport as far as I'm aware.

It's fun time every time at Mr. E's house :)

Thanks for fans like you for ruining football. Much appreciated. :tu:

15 years you say? Hmmmm I make that what, 1994? So basically you started supporting us when we were up at the top and had all the cash, rather like the Chelsea's etc do now? Of course it was fine for us to spend cash whenever we wanted whilst others around us struggled, but now the tide has changed you're crying like a baby.

Get a bloody grip, things have been a hell of a lot worse than they are now for Rovers fans.

15 years you say? Hmmmm I make that what, 1994? So basically you started supporting us when we were up at the top and had all the cash, rather like the Chelsea's etc do now? Of course it was fine for us to spend cash whenever we wanted whilst others around us struggled, but now the tide has changed you're crying like a baby.

Get a bloody grip, things have been a hell of a lot worse than they are now for Rovers fans.

At last, two voices of reason....

Fleurk off and support manure - you will not be missed you spineless scumbler...

• Backroom

Thanks for fans like you for ruining football. Much appreciated. :tu:

Get a grip, how are 'fans like him' ruining football? Because he isn't suicidal about losing to one of the best teams in the world?

I agree with what others have said you seem to revel in Rover's poor performances and keep a lot quiter when things have gone well.

15 years - 94/95 .......mmmmmm!

United at home? We play United away next.

Who are we better than? League table currently says 5 teams.... + we have a game in hand, which could take us ahead of another 4. Seriously grow a pair! Im fed up of hearing knee jerk reactions to any bad result. We have lost to Chelsea, 3 weeks ago Arsenal, before that we beat Villa & last week Burnley.......

sorry i was born in 1982 shall i invent a time machine, it was only a couple of years ago we where unlucky too draw nil nil, your lack of ambition shocks me

It was only a couple of years ago...however Ince set us back a good 2 years with his work...abit like Kidd did.

I was born in 84, iv supported Rovers and attended since 90, whats your point?!

I don't see football to blame, I see management to blame. Going in not even trying against the big teams is going to get us slaughtered. Simples.

Plenty of smaller teams have taken it to the big teams and not looked as bad, or even won.

Tripe.

If you think yesterday was bad, you should have been at Ewood in the relegation 1965-66 season when we were rolled over 5-0 by a Denis Law-inspired Manchester United, Rovers were in an apparent spiral of decline and went on to spend the next 26 season in the lower divisions.

Didn't stop me going every week and one bad day at Chelsea should be seen in the same way.

Supporting a football team is for life, through thick and thin.

Archived