BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Vs Rovers

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low and behold we play with two up front and Van der Sar has to make his first save of the game in the dying minutes...........

All we are sayyyyying is play 4-4-2-!

All we are sayyyyying is play 4-4-2-!

Is anyone really happy with these 'limp dick' away performances FFS? :angry2:

ER YEP ..IMY IS.

Play 442 against Pompey next week please !

Theres more chance of aliens landing on the pitch.

That's our best back 4 by a mile, so stick with that. Chimp MoM by a mile. Dunn useless.

Our midfield is hopeless; Andrews going off made no difference because N'Zonzi, MGP, Dioff and Bert can't hack it either at this level. Sam decided to spend our transfer budget on a striker who never starts and our wages budget on a hasbeen fullback who's probably 4th choice at the mo. Meanwhile, each week our midfield creates nothing and leaves the back 4 exposed.

Absolute spot on, chimbonda on the right is the best right back we have he is nowhere near as good on the left, also agree with you 100% about sams signings, midfield not adressed when it has been so bad for so long and the chimbonda the best right back who was signed to play left back :wacko: .

I still cant help but think that Tugay would have walked into this midfield and give way more than any of our lacklustre midfielders, its such an important postion on the pitch to have 2 players who have no influence on how the game is run.

This area MUST be sorted out and money must be spent in january, if it isnt we are going to struggle with what we have it just isnt good enough, the fact that we are so many games into the season and still dont know our best line up or formation is really worrying.

• Backroom

Thank goodness we only lost 2-0 this time. I had no faith in the players getting anything from this game so i'm not really disappointed at all. The only disappointing thing is how I've come to expect us to give awful performances against the top teams.

2 up front against Pompey next week? We can't rely on Dunn and Di Santo to do everything for us.

watch the match in a local pub full of man utd fans.

I cann understand playing one up front sometimes , but why take off santo, we need to play two up front and not one with dunn playing in the hole. when we did have two up front we looked far better. For me it should be

away from home 4-4-2 at home 3-4-1-2 and give it a go.

however as I am only a fan want do I know.

Another sour result, but when Dunn is off-colour the whole team falters, as he's the only one with any real guile or vision in our side. We've been crying out for more of these players for years. Hughes never addressed it, and neither has Sam. Until we have more quality and spontaneity in our ranks, I'm afraid we'll always be slogging it against these teams.

To lose 2-1 isnt that bad. We did much better defensively but the one thing we all know showed today - Our midfield is not good enough. Dunn didnt do much, Andrews was invisible, Emerton didnt do great either.

Di Santo was poor too I felt....

Anyway look forward to the next group of games now - the 3 hardest away games all out of the way

With Hughes we at least looked like we cared, we had a few shots, we tried to look like something other than the premiership's whipping-boys.

We also had a in form Santa Cruz & Benni + Savage doing the hard work & Bentley supplying crosses.

Different situation now that Ince did his best to wreck us - we will challenge the top 4 teams in games again...just not this season.

To lose 2-1 isnt that bad. We did much better defensively but the one thing we all know showed today - Our midfield is not good enough. Dunn didnt do much, Andrews was invisible, Emerton didnt do great either.

Anyway look forward to the next group of games now - the 3 hardest away games all out of the way

Thought it was 2-0

Its not the defeat that annoys fans but the manner of defeat. When the opposition keeper isnt tested one starts to question attitude and tactics.

We also had a in form Santa Cruz & Benni + Savage doing the hard work & Bentley supplying crosses.

Different situation now that Ince did his best to wreck us - we will challenge the top 4 teams in games again...just not this season.

2-1?

Thought it was 2-0

Its not the defeat that annoys fans but the manner of defeat. When the opposition keeper isnt tested one starts to question attitude and tactics.

By default - Kalinic' was a goal - 2-1.....that SHOULD be the final score

For how long do we keep blaming Ince?? Sam has had two transfer windows to buy a midfielder that will make our midfield 'good enough'.

I can accept getting beat by the top 4, but the way we play is just pathetic. Against Chelsea and Man U we've had a collective 3 chances on target! In the past we've always competed in these games, closed them down fast and hurried them. Now we're just content to let them play in front of us, which is never going to work because these teams are quite good!

I agree really. Lets face it, we've played 3 of the best sides in Europe away from home in the space of a month. Three of the toughest games we were going to play all season, we faced in a row. The fact we look crap against these sides isnt really that surprising. Any small flaw is going to be exposed.

We looked decent against Villa and Burnley so we know we can get results against lesser sides so im not worried. As i said earlier, we have a long stretch of games now against opponents from our end of the division. The league table will show that we're 17/18th but in reality we've got the hardest part of our season out of the way early. Apart from the Anfield trip, we can now expect something from every game we play.

We can pick apart these performances against Arse/Chelsea/Man Utd and we could all list the faults and bad performances but thats hardly going to get us anywhere. People running on here screaming that Sam is being too negative are also the people who then lay into the whole team for not being good enough. Im not excusing Sam for the defeats but we've been up against top opposition in many cases without our strongest line up.

I hate to see us lose but this month relied on us beating Burnley. That was the sole aim. We knew we'd get beaten against the others so lets not pretend otherwise now. The next few games are winnable. If we fail to win them, then we're in trouble. But not yet and not now at any rate.

I agree really. Lets face it, we've played 3 of the best sides in Europe away from home in the space of a month. Three of the toughest games we were going to play all season, we faced in a row. The fact we look crap against these sides isnt really that surprising. Any small flaw is going to be exposed.

We looked decent against Villa and Burnley so we know we can get results against lesser sides so im not worried. As i said earlier, we have a long stretch of games now against opponents from our end of the division. The league table will show that we're 17/18th but in reality we've got the hardest part of our season out of the way early. Apart from the Anfield trip, we can now expect something from every game we play.

We can pick apart these performances against Arse/Chelsea/Man Utd and we could all list the faults and bad performances but thats hardly going to get us anywhere. People running on here screaming that Sam is being too negative are also the people who then lay into the whole team for not being good enough. Im not excusing Sam for the defeats but we've been up against top opposition in many cases without our strongest line up.

I hate to see us lose but this month relied on us beating Burnley. That was the sole aim. We knew we'd get beaten against the others so lets not pretend otherwise now. The next few games are winnable. If we fail to win them, then we're in trouble. But not yet and not now at any rate.

everton?

I might be a tad tipsy and I actually do rate Big Sam as manager but I'm just fed up of this mentality we have against the bigger teams, its almost as if its okay to lose against them, ok it may be in reality but theres no need to state it. Why oh why did he say that 0-0 was the best we could hope for against chelski, so we may as well have packed in after 1-0, and we did, great. Once Utd went 1-0 up I got this impression from the players as well, especially when it went 2-0, there was no urgency, it looked like we were settling for 2-0, just annoying how we give up so easily against the big 4 away from home when we used to at least put up a fight. There was no need for him to come out the other week sayin 0-0 was the best we could hope for, otherwise we may as well just stop the game after the first goal

Archived