BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Vs Rovers

4-3-1-2 maybe? Emerton, Grella, N'Zonzi, with Dunn behind a front two? You colud argue this would give Dunn more space.

It would in theory, but we would lose width, the game would become narrow and thus close down the space for Dunny

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whereas I watched the Arsenal and Chelsea games feeling we had let ourselves down, yesterday I just thought they were too good. The effort was there, it's just that the class showed.

On a lighter note, how bad was the lad that United brought on as sub.

Whereas I watched the Arsenal and Chelsea games feeling we had let ourselves down, yesterday I just thought they were too good. The effort was there, it's just that the class showed.

Obertan is a good player, but like Di Santo and Kalinic will get better when they play more games. He is a young player, but as bad as he did yesterday still showed good pace. Funny bit was, when he ran so quickly, and ran the ball out of play.

After our recent demolitions by Chelsea and Arsenal losing 2-0 doesn't seem to bad. But to be fair the performance was just as bad as in thoose two games, the only difference being we had our best four individual defenders playing yesterday across the back four. Whether this makes the best collective back four is questionable, Chimbonda had a good game in his more natural position at right-back although I worry that Givet doesn't have the required pace for a full-back at times although to be fair to Givet he put in one goal saving challenge in the first half.

The back-four in question I thought did a very good job at stopping and limiting chances from the Red Scum. Chimbonda had Nani in his pocket all-game, although to be fair that's not difficult he's a flippin' awful, soft, greedy player and obviously took lessons from that Portuguese girly boy who left for Madrid on how fall over like a pansy and win free-kicks. I also doubt whether United's attacking option are as good as thoose at Chelsea or Arsenal which may point to why it wasn't 5 or 6 again but I'll give credit to our defense for keeping it down to two this time round.

Nelsen and Samba were superb for large parts and kept Berbatov and Rooney relatively quiet. It was only a superb piece of skill from Berbatov from a lucky shot-pass from Evra that managed to break the deadlock. The second goal only came about because Samba appeared to be carrying an injury of some sort and couldn't get back in position to mark Rooney who ultimately scored. Probably not suprsing considering Samba had been ill during the week and wasn't really expected to play up until that point I thought he was probably our man of the mtach.

As for comments on the midfield and forward. Well they were basically none existant for large part, we where so negative the best we could hope for was 0-0. Diouf as he always does managed to hold the ball up well but we rarely got any support upto Di Santo who was fighting a losing battle all game in isolation. It was only with the introdution of Kalinic and McCarthy that we managed to stage any sort of threat of the Man United goal. McCarthy's shot parred to the clearly onside Klainic for what should have been his first Premiership goal, little did Niko know that this was Old Trafford and you have to be at least twenty yards onside for the goal to even be considered by the linesman.

Very disappointed for Kalinic, I had a feeling he'd nick one, its just a pity the USELESS lino stole it off him. For me its just yet another example of why video evidence needs to be used.

Why not video evidence? Is it a matter for the EPL vote or does FA or FIFA control its introduction?

For the first thirty minutes Keith Andrews contibution was 27 finger points to his team mates, lots of hard work from the lad but at no time was he visible actually on the ball!! Why? what is the thinking going on here, because, and I mean this in all honesty, whatever level a player has come from, in midfield, you simply must have the ability to pass the ball, if you are unable to do that, you have no chance, couple that with the fact he cannot head a ball, is slow and a poor tackler,why does Sam continue to play him? There simply must be better than him at the club or we are realy doomed!!

Thinking about this, who is there to replace Andrews? Reid or Emerton? They're head and shoulders above but they've been out for long awhile, injured, so perhaps Sam is wanting to only gradually re-introduce them to first team play. Throwing them in headfirst may be counter-productive.

Perhaps you and all those who wanted 2 up front can explain why when our 5 in midfield can't hold on to the ball that 4 are going to do better? 2 up front means 4 in midfield. As soon as we had 2 up front we conceded the second goal.

Also perhaps all those who booed Di Santo's substitution by Kalinic might like to rethink. Kalinic in 15 minutes won more ball than Di Santo in 75. as well as scoring a perfectly good goal.

I seem to recall not so long ago when we played two up front we managed to score some goals,had some premier league top goal scorers and were in a respectable position in the league. Whats changed, new manager no Santa Cruz but McCarthy still scores and we technically have at least three players who can hug the wings. Our midfield have lost the ability to hold or pass. Most of them are in the physio for neck strain from watching the ball fly over their heads .

Me and my mate got thrown out yesterday, after about 20 mins.

All i can say is it was laughable.

We were told to sit down by the head steward, who was passing comments to us trying to get a reaction from us.

I told them i would like to stand till the rest of the people around us sit down as i have been struggling with a bad back of late and standing was more comfortable.

He didnt want to know, and passed more inflamitary comments. So i thought it best to sit down.

About 5 minutes later he stood about 4 meters in front of me blocking my view to the pitch. So i asked him if he minded moving as i was unable to see a part of the pitch. It was at this point that he made the call to the other stewards to have us removed from the ground.

I have never ever been removed from a ground and have been watching football for over 30 years.

It was a disgrace.

We were told to sit down by the head steward, who was passing comments to us trying to get a reaction from us.

I told them i would like to stand till the rest of the people around us sit down as i have been struggling with a bad back of late and standing was more comfortable.

He didnt want to know, and passed more inflamitary comments. So i thought it best to sit down.

About 5 minutes later he stood about 4 meters in front of me blocking my view to the pitch. So i asked him if he minded moving as i was unable to see a part of the pitch. It was at this point that he made the call to the other stewards to have us removed from the ground.

I have never ever been removed from a ground and have been watching football for over 30 years.

It was a disgrace.

Sickening. Particularly since all away fans at Ewood stand all through the match, every match. Especially the Mancs.

I wonder how it would be if we took this kind of stance. Where there many others being 'asked to leave' Will?

It was a disgrace.

Why don't you write to Man Utd FC sending a copy to the Premier League.

If what you say truly happened, something must be done about it.

If there is no proper response then take it to the press.

I agree with your comments re Rovers' effort.

That Utd sub was phenominal, scary, even. He will be a cracking player once he settles down.

I wish we had him.

Why don't you write to Man Utd FC sending a copy to the Premier League.

If what you say truly happened, something must be done about it.

If there is no proper response then take it to the press.

I was just going to suggest that, but send a copy to John Newsham and John Williams at Rovers as well. That is absolutely disgraceful. Particularly stress on your good record and how distressed you are etc. Thing is, their tickets are not cheap either, it's an absolute disgrace.

Knew we'd get beat, got to thank woeful United finishing that it wasn't a drubbing (think Berbatov's header and Obertan and Owen late on).

Anyway, Andrews gets a bashing on here, rightly cos he's not good enough, but what about Diouf? Blimey this bloke is so ineffective it's untrue. I swear if you took away the odd free kick he wins there'd be nothing else he actually contributes.

Never mind, next time he takes a corner at the Blackburn End we'll hear the chant 'DIOOOOOUFFFF' while the honest trier Andrews gets booed. If we're struggling for a hero THAT much we really are in trouble.

Good point that LD. I think Diouf gets away with a fair bit in comparison to most. He is good at retaining posession and claiming free-kicks as you point out, but IMO other than that he's been pretty darn useless this season. I had him down as a tricky and pacey winger before he came to us but how wrong I was! He never beats his man and this season, generally, he has offered no attacking threat whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, for £1 million he's not been a bad signing, but he'd certainly get my award for 'most dissapointing' so far this season given his reputation (we all knew about Andrews from last season).

One other thing that I noticed yesterday, and I usually like Nzonzi, but the guy was like a crab. Everything was going sideways. I know Di Santo was isolated up top but if he's going to be a top player than he needs to be more expansive with his passing. Hopefully this will come with time.

It was a disgrace.

You werent the only one it appears. I know of one person who was thrown out for daring to ask why the tugay lookalike was.

The funny thing is that I've started to come around to the critics side who say Sam's tactics are horrid and are to blame, but at the same time I completely disagree with people saying that our approach against United was completely wrong. Maybe we should've been attacking more, maybe we shouldn't have. However, Sam decided to play defensively to keep United at bay and we did that very well. Our defence was very hard to penetrate and it took a sublime effort from Berbatov to finally break through our ranks. I concede we were absolutely poor against Chelsea, but to say that we're a negative team when we go and put 2 past Arsenal and then do a come back from 1-0 against Burnley and score 3 goals is slightly absurd.

hi all,

looking at it several points have to be made at least we did not capitulate like against chelsea and we had a good go but have to say hearing on espn we have to get rid of Andrews was getting over run in midfield poor tracking back and their midfield got straight through him but it is a bit of an over reaction to hit the panic buttons we beat burnley as expected but realistically did we expect anything more from the other 3 but at least at the end of the month we gave UTD a good game and that linesman should be shot absolutely appalling decision that would have made it interesting but now the next few games against Pompey,The trotters & Stoke are must win gamesif we are to get out of this mess.

It was a disgrace.

Sorry to say but it serves you right for going to Old Trafford Will. I was stood at the bar in the local watching the whole match on TV and I never got asked to leave. :tu:

I suggested on here recently that the best way forward is for supporters of the non CL teams to boycott the grounds of the CL teams. Never mind bullying stewards banning yourself from CL grounds is the best way forward by far. If you get a better suggestion on here then I'll eat hay with a donkey.

Take the result on the chin and move on, it was inevitable, however the performance should not be taken on the chin it was dire.

Taking the obvious first, Berbatovs goal was world class, just magical, their second only happened because Samba cramped up and was hobbling. I'm pretty sure they would not have scored if he was firing on all cylinders. Kalinic scored and it was legit. So theoretically 1:1 and everyone's happy. This is all true yet also complete b*llocks. We shouldn't have to keep looking for the positives and think ourselves hard done too. We should have so may chances that the odd bad decision goes unnoticed.

What's the team's problem? to obvious to mention, but I will, midfield and their instructions. They have little ability and are told to sit too deep. To be fair I suppose if I was managing that useless bunch I'd tell them to sit deep just to compensate. Solutions :

Well we can't buy our way out of trouble.

Keep doing the same things and hope for a different result? Madness.

Reorganise the girls to be more effective - worth a shot.

Diouf and Peds couldn't make a winger between them on current form, Bert is needed elsewhere (mid) but he has a lot of work to do on his game to be a success there. Nzonzi I like but truthfully he is not ready and a lightweight running about like a happy puppy. Julie? what hasn't already been said. Dunny is gold dust but when he goes off the boil he is well bad.

For me I'd do that most anti-Rovers of things and scrap the wing positions and bring them inside. I know we love our wing play but right now it's killing us, the two out wide aren't involved and we are weakened where the action is so we drag the spare striker back to compensate but then have no out ball.

No midfield player runs off the ball and so no one is in a position to receive the pass, I think we can pass but who to, just watch the replays of Arse, Chelsea and ManU, their midfield shut down the straight lines between our man in possession and any potential receiver. No-one is moving to receive because they're all scared sh!tless of not being behind the ball.

I hate our midfield but also know that I might as well bang my head against the wall because we can't afford to change it. Trying to be optimistic, we have some good young kids coming through (but aren't ready yet) and a couple of proper mature talents (Samba, Givet, Chimbo plus Dunny on his day).

I'd go 442 and pull the wings in. I'd also put some Firey Jack and Sloan's Liniment on butt plugs and insert 11 of them 2 minutes before kick-off. :angry2: But hey, always look on the bright side of life, come on you blues :rover::brfc: .

What's the team's problem? to obvious to mention, but I will, midfield and their instructions. They have little ability and are told to sit too deep. To be fair I suppose if I was managing that useless bunch I'd tell them to sit deep just to compensate. Solutions :

After the hammerings at Arsenal and Chelsea when the midfield failed abysmally to protect the defenders Saturdays showing represents progress and should be seen as such. Any success can only be built on becoming difficult to score against.

The biggest fault on Sat imo was that Dunny got drawn back deep and effectively cut di Santo adrift and left him up front on his own. Dunny has been playing well there is no doubt about that but he does not have the pace and stamina to defend deep and get up and support the striker.

Archived