BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Vs Rovers

I like that back line but playing Julie in place of either Grella or Pederson is nothing short of disgraceful. He must have caught Sam in bed with the next door neighbour.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the exception of their strikefore, United are a very, very average side. If our own midfield wasn't so weak (aka if we didn't have Andrews) there is no way they could boss us around so much.

Eventually they'll score one or two, so we need to get ourselves forward as well. Dunn needs to shoot.

Overall i'd say we are defending well, Samba especially has been rock solid. You just feel that its a matter of 'when' not 'if' United score, can't keep hoofing the ball to them to let them build up an attack.

Our central midfield isn't doing enough, United are able to cut through with ease.

I'd be tempted if i was Sam to take Chimbonda off, that diving pussy Nani is going to try and get him sent off in the second half.

Much better today, beginning with defending from the front by Di Santo (are you watching, Roberts?)Andrews doing the thankless of job of pushing out to the man on the ball, covering a lot of yards. Diouff better than normal, defense largely good, great save by Robbo from Berbatov.

On the minus sude, Dunn over-elaboarting everything and losing possession every time; Bert and N'Zonzi anonymous.

The platform is there though; let's hope we don't have our usual spineless 2nd half

My wife doesnt follow football too much, but tonight she is watching. One thing she says, is that she thought Man United was a good team. They not as good a team imo, and with a better midfield we could take them. Im hoping Sam takes Andrews off, and brings Benni or Kalinic on. We can get a result here, but we need to play football.

Andrews has done the job he has been asked to do. Our problem isnt him, its our lack of attacking threat. Dunn and Di Santo have had nothing. If we had posed any kind of threat in their half then id consider the first 45 to have been a success. Basically if they score, thats it. There is no chance we'll get back from a goal down with the players and formation we're playing - I have no problem with Allardyce playing like this so long as it works. So far 0-0 at half time, i think we'd all have taken that.

Its been very hard to watch so far! Dont think Andrews has been all that bad. At least he can run around whereas Dunny is really annoying me with his over elaboration.Emerton has been totally nondescript and Diouf isnt creating much. We do look so poor on TV these days as an attacking force but touch wood the defence looks fairly strong.

The result is good so far but the match isnt what you would call an advert for the prem league, unfortunately there will be only one outcome if we sit off them, id take dunny off and whack on kalinic if the result stays the same for a while, give them something to think about.

Its been very hard to watch so far! Dont think Andrews has been all that bad. At least he can run around whereas Dunny is really annoying me with his over elaboration.Emerton has been totally nondescript and Diouf isnt creating much. We do look so poor on TV these days as an attacking force but touch wood the defence looks fairly strong.

It is nervous watching - just hope Sam tells them to have a go at Man u this second half and stop sitting so deep. Yet I would be happy with 00 as a final score.

Archived