BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Vs Rovers

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man U will have to up their game dramatically to carry the menace Chelsea and Arsenal do.

That said, we have to defend effectively from the front. Something all Sam's teams used to do but don't any more.

I am concerned the manager and players have to much to prove today for Utd. Especially as we have been tonked by Chelsea and Arsenal. Ferdinan has cocked up against us in the past (Bently hattrick) but with one up front i dont see us causing too much of a threat. i sincerely hope i am proved wrong.

Got to say I'm optimistic about this one. All team news from both camps is positive in our favour. And hearing RFW's outburst in his press conference yesterday seemed to indicate that he feels under a certain amount of pressure, especially regarding Rio's form. We need to get at him today, Di Santo to knock him around up front, and Dunn to occupy the space that he likes to step into.

I also have a sneeky feeling about this game. If Sam has really told the players to really have ago at Man U and the players do so, then I think Rovers could get something out of this game. Man U are not as good this season as last. Against Liverpool they hardly had any chances. The only concern I have is do the players have the desire to have ago. As much as I hate Rovers to lose any game - it is worse when they don' try to compete.

We need something today that shows we can pick up points away from home.

From what I have seen of us and other teams this season, and given the way results are going today, I think. Wolves aside, we are the worst team in the league and very likely to be relegated.

We can't keep anything close to a clean sheet and that is what takes teams into the Championship.

David Pleat said today none of the better teams in the division carry much of a threat from wide and he is spot on. We must go narrow with either a back 5 or a 4 with an very defensive midfielder, tuck the full-backs in and pack the centre. Also get rid of one of our unproductive wide midfielders and play a narrow 3 or 4 midfield.

I am, of course, a football genius, but even Sam should have enough about him to see what we need to do to stop shipping goals. (Oh and he needs to get Andrews far away from the team of course)

Come on Sam, you need to listen to me, you know I'm right.

We need something today that shows we can pick up points away from home.

From what I have seen of us and other teams this season, and given the way results are going today, I think. Wolves aside, we are the worst team in the league and very likely to be relegated.

We can't keep anything close to a clean sheet and that is what takes teams into the Championship.

David Pleat said today none of the better teams in the division carry much of a threat from wide and he is spot on. We must go narrow with either a back 5 or a 4 with an very defensive midfielder, tuck the full-backs in and pack the centre. Also get rid of one of our unproductive wide midfielders and play a narrow 3 or 4 midfield.

I was thinking the same. Since our wide players don;t do anything one expects wide players to do, I would vote for a 4-3-2-1 formation with Benni and Dunny behind Di Santo and 3 fit bodies behind them

When we 1st got into the Premiership, and for a number of years after, this was a game that I and many others looked forward to with relish. Tickets were sold out weeks in advance and they were like gold dust.

I am going today out of (blind?) loyalty and am not really looking forward to it. I doubt if we will sell 500 tickets and even tickets in the home areas are easy to come by, indeed I have 2 North Stand ManUre ST's in my pocket now and I was offered another 4 (2 stretford end, and 2 south stand) by Utd fans who cannot be bothered to go.

for me the divide between the top (Chelsea, arsenal, utd etc) and us is too great and will never be breeched. This is killing football. If kids were to choose a team they will go for winners, not us or the Pompey's, Stoke and Bolton's of the world unless it is because we are their local team.

the writing is on the wall and we are moving to a Euro super League where the likes of utd can play teams of their own standard rather than us.I hope and pray for a miracle today!!!!!

Be the best thing ever if the big clubs quit the premier league, i've zero interest in football outside of rovers and could'nt give 2 $$$$$ for watching champions league football or uefa cup.

as for today, honestly don't care, a defeat gets us the same amount of points be it 1 -0 or 7 - 0 and we are going to lose and i just look forward to our season proper starting again next week after a 2 week hiatus.

Anyone posting that Rovers are the worst team in the League is a complete cretin.

Well I didn't say that Philip :unsure: however the one team worse are getting a better result than we will at Stoke. Things look grim at the moment you must admit though.

If/when Dunn gets injured we are well and truly F******.

• Backroom

Infuriating team selection, whats the point of dropping Pedersen one of our best players inn midweek so we can put Emo on the wing, why not drop Andrews and play Emo in midfield where he put a MOM performance in in midweek

Sorry but that is inexcusable for me and I'm an Allardyce supporter

Archived