BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Rovers

Ben-2000

As for Diouf, I thought he did well today, kept the ball and brought people into play allowing Chimbonda to bomb on, Chimbonda had a great game

I thought the same, first half he was our weak link like someone else mentioned but second half his positioning was amazing, really got into some good positions and like you said, kept the ball well and brought people into play. He was very unlucky with that amazing effort on goal, nice technique.

Chimbonda was amazing, my man Nelsen did very well as usual, fortunate not to score an own goal though from that moment on I just knew it wasn't going to be Bolton's day.

N'Zonzi is looking very promising.

Dunn what can I say, "absolute different class"

I will go into work tomorrow very very happy :rover:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good performance. Everyone played well. Dunn, Emerton and Chimbonda particularly impressed. Samba and Nelsen looked solid apart from one or two minor lapses. Was really impressed.

So Sam, thank you for finally playing 4-4-2. It suits us most and low and behold our best performance of the season (by miles in my opinion) comes with our best formation. We took a lead and kept attacking. We didn't settle. Basic as it sounds it was a simple change in tactics and approach but it resulted in a massive change in the quality of performance.

Absolutely FANtastic, didnt expect to see so many Rovers fans and for the ones that went they looked a class above Boltons fans.

As for the game Bolton did have their chances, i'd say at least six good goal scoring chances but during the second half for some reason some of the Bolton players gave off a body language that showed they knew they werent up for winning the game.

Overall a great day to be a Rover, the fans got behind the team and the team certainly appreciated the fans getting behind them.

Arte et Labore

Very good performance. Everyone played well. Dunn, Emerton and Chimbonda particularly impressed. Samba and Nelsen looked solid apart from one or two minor lapses. Was really impressed.

So Sam, thank you for finally playing 4-4-2. It suits us most and low and behold our best performance of the season (by miles in my opinion) comes with our best formation. We took a lead and kept attacking. We didn't settle. Basic as it sounds it was a simple change in tactics and approach but it resulted in a massive change in the quality of performance.

Whichever way you look at the different formations we've played this season, it shows we have a lot of options in our team, we can play different formations and players in different positions and 9 times out of 10 it will work, that's the sign of a good team, if Plan A isn't working, we turn to Plan B. I'm trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground but after today's performance it's difficult not to think positively about the team and hopefully a promising season ahead. I know that might sound like we've just beaten a top side, no disrespect to Bolton but we were a class above Bolton today. Bolton proved today their football is one dimensional whereas we have a lot of options. Megson tried to change it for Bolton and it clearly didn't work, 2 minutes after he used all his subs it was game over.

Having watched the whole game again tonight I must say I was amazed with Dunny. He ran like I`ve never seen him since his Youth Cup days for us. I kept expecting his hanstring to go he put so much effort in. It must be his Bolton link that spurred him on.Again I thought Diouf had his best game for us. Very good in the second half and was much stronger than Gamst in keeping the ball.Emerton was much better in the second half also and looked very skilful almost scoring with a great touch to wrong foot the defence.Happy days.

• Backroom

I couldn't quite work out why Megson took Gardner off, he looked their most likely route to goal a lot of the time, seems like the Bolton fans agreed with me.

Ironic how the Bolton fans were giving Robbo and Dunny stick for their weight when their hero is Davies. Dunny seemed to be loving taking corners in front of their idiot contingnent.

Oh and hope you're ok Hughesy

but he didnt do anything at the end only give it away and shoot woefully

Yea Gardner was pretty poor last night, but I think that was more down to some great defending from Chimbonda and then Jacobsen who didn't let him get the better of them and our players physically overpowering him off the ball. Usually Gardner is very good at running at defenders and putting in some decent crosses though, so it was really important that we kept him toothless throughout the game. I was more surprised they took McCann off after he cleared off the line twice. I know it was a tactical substitution, but still.

Well well well, I have been in the pubs since the game and what can one say ?Bloody brilliant.

2-0 away at Bolton is a result not to be scoffed at, 3 points in the bag, Rovers in a healthy 11th spot.

Despite todays result, I have to ask why Rover seems to have attracted a moronic section of support. In the ower tier we had some real twits, not hardmen just simple idiots who deserve to have been left in Burnley, Several of our so called fans just made sure they were enammelled in the name of "scum". You know who you are and dont come back.

Great finish by Dunny, goodown goal by Ricketts, 3 points fully deserved and Megson out in the morning.

Am off to bed, sore head in the morning, full English somewhere in Preston at 0930 hrs.

Waggy, your a moron not to have witnessed this Rovers win.

Despite todays result, I have to ask why Rover seems to have attracted a moronic section of support. In the ower tier we had some real twits, not hardmen just simple idiots who deserve to have been left in Burnley, Several of our so called fans just made sure they were enammelled in the name of "scum". You know who you are and dont come back.

Am off to bed, sore head in the morning, full English somewhere in Preston at 0930 hrs.bullSHIT LOL

Waggy, your a moron not to have witnessed this Rovers win.

I saw nowt in lowet tear

What happened exactly?

The end of a long beery day spent in the Wilton Arms and a Reebok box. And the Wilton arms again. And the Golden Cup. The Fernhurst I think. And Uncle Jacks. And maybe somewhere else I have forgotten.

Veey good effort following on from the 2nd half against Pompey and surely the end of 4-5-1, long throws and Keef.

Bolton were admittedly poor but nevertheless we defended the high balls well and always looked like scoring. Whilst it wasn't a decisive win, I always felt we were on top, as far as I can remember.

We can play football when given a chance and have no need to resort to long balls and throw-ins. Yes there are teams who are far better footballing outfits than us, but the ability in the team sets us apart from the likes of Bolton and Burnley.

I think I said after Pompey that whilst that wasn't Dunnys best game, his fitness was excellent. That level of fitness stood out today.

Special mention to N'Zoners today, OK he isn't the finished article and has struggled on occasion, but without him this season we would have be screwed. He can only get better but hopefully we can give him a few games rest before new year, then I think we will see his best.

Hope this makes sense.....

Oh, and what the F... was going on with Gavin McCann's head. Bizarre.

What about Andy O'Brien, Jesus, he rivals Keith for awfullness.

And what the hell was that Jap all about. He was worse than Pedersen.

And how the hell did Davies not get booked at least. Oh.. i'm going to bed.

Archived