BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Stoke

CrazyIvan

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the angriest I've been all season. Absolutely seething. As I said before the game, whoever picked the team should never be allowed to manage another football team again.

Complete and utter disgrace. Mid-to-bottom table mediocrity is where the managers want us to be, and are achieving exactly that. Get these useless idiots out of our club and bring back Souness, we at least played some football under him.

Maj I'm starting to seriously think that Kalinic isn't rated by the staff too. Something's up..yeah he needs time to settle, but if we can't throw him on when we can't hit a barn door at home to Stoke then when can we?

Very dissapointed again. Oh and as an aside our substitutions do baffle me. They're simply awful week in week out and Sam must take the can for that.

one our our must win games today i thought so 2 points dropped, wont be waiting up for this on match of the day (more looking forward to seeing hulls goal celebration apparently its brilliant), could have been a rout had stoke not had the ref on their side 3-5 penalty appeals, nzonzi's strike gone in and sambas header not hit the back of his head!

This is the angriest I've been all season. Absolutely seething. As I said before the game, whoever picked the team should never be allowed to manage another football team again.

Complete and utter disgrace. Mid-to-bottom table mediocrity is where the managers want us to be, and are achieving exactly that. Get these useless idiots out of our club and bring back Souness, we at least played some football under him.

I think you forget that Stoke have a fairly good defensive record. As much as I want Rovers to win every game, reality is it will never happen. Bear in mind Rovers played a game mid week - stoke didn't - and have another game midweek again this week. That may have influenced team selection.

2 points lost without a doubt. Match was ours for the taking.

We seriously lack the creative personnel in this side. We couldve easily lost this too on the counter though.

I agree with that. I know people will say this is physical and tough Stoke side that's mid table but considering we were the home side and their current away form we should be aiming to beat sides like Stoke.

If Dunny is out for some time were ######. Whoever said the other day that this squad is the best we have had for years that is complete bullshit, we have lost real creative quality and not replaced it.

What we ideally need to do is get rid of garbage like Roberts, Pedersen and Diouf in Jan and bring in some creative quality. Problem is we are stuck with this because Sam doesn't have the balls to get rid of some of these players, and the fact we are as poor as a church mouse.

We where poor today as where the officials.

The Dingles have just got a 3rd at Upton Park, my god West Ham are poor :lol:

I would have taken a point at half time so not too bad, above the Dingles now and please hurry back Dunny.

Dingles third goal just put them back above Rovers.

• Backroom

What we ideally need to do is get rid of garbage like Roberts, Pedersen and Diouf in Jan and bring in some creative quality. Problem is we are stuck with this because Sam doesn't have the balls to get rid of some of these players, and the fact we are as poor as a church mouse.

Who's going to buy these players for a decent price anyway? MGP has 6 months left on his contract, Diouf won't fetch much, and Roberts? Ha.

No point selling them when we won't get anywhere near enough money to replace them.

What we ideally need to do is get rid of garbage like Roberts, Pedersen and Diouf in Jan and bring in some creative quality. Problem is we are stuck with this because Sam doesn't have the balls to get rid of some of these players, . . ..

I agree that we need to get rid of Roberts, Pedersen and Diouf. The sooner the better. Young players with some hustle and heart (and, hopefully, low price tags) are what is needed.

But what is the basis of your statement that "Sam doesn't have the balls to get rid of these players"? I don't know the man, but it doesn't look to me that Sam is lacking in the spine department.

Bet the Dingles celebrated that 3rd goal like they won the cup.

Isnt it about time the FA had a serious look at linesmen, ok the ref can miss penalty incidents but its cheating when a liesman does not give a penalty for a two handed shove that he can not possibly have missed.I'm f-in mad that they get away with no blame whatsoever.

(i'm even more mad cause i was going to use the excuse we are above dingles to go out n celebrate)

I don't see why people are content with a point. We need to win home games like this. Stoke would beat us at home right now, so we should be beating them at home. I know the prem doesn't work like that but its 2 points dropped and with our away form as it is it's a big dissapointment.

I am only happy with a point because it is better than none. I also take into consideration Rovers played on Sunday then travelled to London to play Fulham - then travelled back and played today and play again on Wednsday against Chelsea in the carling cup. I suggest that can effect energy levels etc. Stoke hadn't played since last weekend and have been a team that is hard to beat. Yes it is 2 points dropped, but it is also one point gained that keeps us further from the drop zone.

Archived