BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chimbonda

Hughesy

Could find his thread so started a new one.

Just thought we should have one discussing this lad - Around £2m we paid for him, and I think he has been quality so far.

Last night against Chelsea he was one of the best players and he has also played very well in most of his games so far, including scoring a derby day goal.

Fantastic bit of business he was! Tottenham really do know how to sufficate players dont they! :brfc::rover:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking that the other day. Bar a nagging tendency to the occasional unforced error he's back to playing as well as at Wigan when he was earning rave reviews. Spurs must be an Elephants Graveyard for so many players.

Much better than Warnock in every area in my opinion. ...

Whoa Bish. Lets not get carried away. :rolleyes:

Must say I'd like to have seen the pair of them playing in the same team though.

I love the guy. What most impresses me is his willingness to get forward. The amount of times he gives Robinson an outlet as he goes bombing forward from full-back is incredible. He's got so much energy - thought he was particularly good in the second half at Bolton. He's the best attacking full-back we've had since Le Saux.

I was thinking that the other day. Bar a nagging tendency to the occasional unforced error he's back to playing as well as at Wigan when he was earning rave reviews. Spurs must be an Elephants Graveyard for so many players.

Whoa Bish. Lets not get carried away. :rolleyes:

Must say I'd like to have seen the pair of them playing in the same team though.

I think both him and Warnock are quite similar in that they are good at going forward and prone to lapses in concentration but I think Chimbonda is tighter technically and is a better defender. Always liked Warnock but he was a little overrated I thought. I'd prefer us to keep Chimbonda on the right and try to replace Warnock in January...

His running last night really impressed - like LeftWinger says - the amount he went wide to give Robbo an option last night was quality. He is so full of energy and doesnt seem to really tire.

Another fantastic piece of business by the club.

:rover: i've watched pascal quite a bit from the comfort of the bar,and the big problem with him he plays the ball across his own area far to much :blink::brfc:

If Chimbo had a left foot he'd be brilliant.

Yep, he can't play it down the line when he's on the left.

I have to say, that i feel sorry for Givet. Imo he is better than Nelsen in the centre of defence. Would like to see Salgado down the right and Chimbo down the left with Givet and Samba in the centre. That is a quality back 4, with Chimbo and Salgado bombing forward, and Givet and Samba sitting back. Nzonzi would sweep across the midfield, to help Samba and Givet. I think we have a quality team, that just need to put in more performances like they did against Chelsea

Chimbonda is better than Warnock. Both get forward well, but Chimb. can actually do his job and defend. Warnock would put it some brave tackles, but too often left a gaping hole in the back or was beaten too easily. Looks like Villa have "motivated" him to improve, though.

• 3 weeks later...
:rover: i see another player turning his back on the ball which resulted in us concedeing a goal,does the bloody ball hurt,i know crouch fouled nelson and robbo was stuck to his line,but turning your back on the ball is ubforgiveable :blush::brfc:

:rover: i see another player turning his back on the ball which resulted in us concedeing a goal,does the bloody ball hurt,i know crouch fouled nelson and robbo was stuck to his line,but turning your back on the ball is ubforgiveable :blush::brfc:

The best way to stop that is to make em do a 'fun' forfeit in training, and one that is agreed by the players themselves before the start of the season. 20 press ups before they start or similar. Small fines to fund the Christmas bash for similar misdemeanours etc. Having their mates taking the p1ss out of them is the best medicine.

I swear Spuds slipped Chimbonda a tenner before Saturday's game.

I've watched their opening goal again and Chimbonda's defending of the cross from Kranjcar defies belief.

Kranjcar got the ball onto his right foot and swung in a cross that was to Chimbonda's left as he faced Kranjcar.

So, perhaps someone can explain why Chimbonda tried to block the cross by jumping in the opposite direction?

Rubbish.

I swear Spuds slipped Chimbonda a tenner before Saturday's game.

I've watched their opening goal again and Chimbonda's defending of the cross from Kranjcar defies belief.

Kranjcar got the ball onto his right foot and swung in a cross that was to Chimbonda's left as he faced Kranjcar.

So, perhaps someone can explain why Chimbonda tried to block the cross by jumping in the opposite direction?

Rubbish.

They must have slipped Givet a tenner too cos he turned his back on Huddlestons abysmal effort a few seconds earlier.

• 3 weeks later...

:rover: i see another player turning his back on the ball which resulted in us concedeing a goal,does the bloody ball hurt,i know crouch fouled nelson and robbo was stuck to his line,but turning your back on the ball is unforgiveable :blush::brfc:

did the same at wigan,bloody great tart

Archived