SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chimbonda

Hughesy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all,

have to agree with the above posts just caught up with the xmas games wigan & sunderland the wigan game was the 2nd time he turned his back on a cross that is unforgiveable and he should learn don't know if it is something to do with it but both times were against his former clubs coincidence or what?

• Backroom

Coincidences, to suggest otherwise and question his commitment to the cause is unfair to him as he's easily been one of our better players this season.

One of the few with a real drive to get forward and create things

Coincidences, to suggest otherwise and question his commitment to the cause is unfair to him as he's easily been one of our better players this season.

One of the few with a real drive to get forward and create things

But his failure to challenge crosses is what is killing us and has us down by one going into Villa.

Handing in a transfer request the same day as your team have been relegated could have told you that John!

I realise that, however as we are in a relegation battle, hopefully he can make a positive contribution. Overall I have been impressed, but he has shown some little signs that he is getting rattled by what is going on.

Would like to see more of his driving runs with the ball. Probably the only player we have who can beat a man!

• 1 month later...

:rover: when will SUPER Sam Allardyce and his coaches tell chimbando that you can't turn your back on the ball,this is the 3rd time he has done it,and a goal was conceded,its COWARDNESS :brfcsmilie:

:rover: fair play it's not took em long to realise this guy not a good defender :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Handing in a transfer request the same day as your team have been relegated could have told you that John!

That's not true, Wigan had stayed up and it was the last game of the season. Not condoning it by the way, but footballers these days all seem the same...

With Salgado doing well, i can only see him on the bench. It could be a case of him sulking again. When Nelsen returns, then i can see Samba being dropped. Nelsen, Salgado, Givet, and Olssen have been doing well.

Is there something going on with Chimbonda, or is this pattern of doing well for awhile and then crashing normal for him?

He was consistently very good for Wigan but at Spurs, Sunderland and Rovers he has started well then turned into an absolute liability.

Sad thing is that I reckon he is probably alongside the top earners at the club. Hope he finds some form because we won't be able to shift him.

ps.What happend to Jacobsen?

• 2 weeks later...

Losing my patience with Chimbonda. Sometimes he can be decent but too often he is costing us goals.

His concentration is poor and he is not focused enough and that won't change, he has been like this all his career.

Losing my patience with Chimbonda. Sometimes he can be decent but too often he is costing us goals.

His concentration is poor and he is not focused enough and that won't change, he has been like this all his career.

He started well at Ewood but now he is the player he was elsewhere. I don´t have any facts but he seems to be kind of person who isn´t good for team spirit. Sell him Sam.

He started well at Ewood but now he is the player he was elsewhere. I don´t have any facts but he seems to be kind of person who isn´t good for team spirit. Sell him Sam.

I've never seen a full back that gets caught ball watching as much as Chimbonda, he has cost us a few times, against Stoke for there first goal and yesterday twice. I don't think these defenders nowadays can defend, also a full back used to be a hard mans position, Psycho, Julian Dicks even Lucash Neil and we have some French tart wearing gloves and tights!

He is honestly the most one footed player I have ever seen. Even when dribbling he only touches the ball with his right foot. That is why he gets caught in possession so often. It's completely laughable for a supposed top class footballer.

• 1 month later...

Sam suggested that Chimbonda may be displeased with not being in the side.

If we were to sell him, would not be too bothered. Has been fairly inconsistent however the fact he can play in a few positions is useful.

Dizzy Pascal should be deeply ashamed of himself with his performances or should we say fanny performances over the past six months.

If he wants to move on, then big Sam should say thank you and cheerio. Chimnbonda has gone from looking great to a downright liability. So what has caused his demise, if, that is, he ever hit the heights with Rovers in the first place.

Archived