BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chimbonda

Hughesy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this means we'll see Emerton play right back more often, he's surely understudy to Salgado now.

I'm surprised we've cancelled it though. That Twitter post heavily implies it was not mutual, so we'll have to have paid him the remainder of his contract. Might as well have kept him around for emergencies, it wouldn't have cost any more to do so.

I'm surprised we've cancelled it though. That Twitter post heavily implies it was not mutual, so we'll have to have paid him the remainder of his contract. Might as well have kept him around for emergencies, it wouldn't have cost any more to do so.

Maybe Kean didn't like his attitude?

Maybe Kean didn't like his attitude?

Doesn't sound like it from the interview on Talksport. Sounds like there was a meeting (Steve Kean wasn't there) and things 'progressed' quicker than he (Steve) thought they would. Terminating a contract has always got a hint of 'Why would they do that? What has he done?'. Obviously I'm NOT saying he has done anything but those things run through peoples minds...

Finally he left. One of the worst players Ive seen in 20 years of supporting rovers

What a load of rubbish. You flip flop more than a politician! I can think of plenty that are below him in terms of quality.

Pascal put in some good performances for us and was a decent purchase. However his attitude will always be his downfall and that is what was in the performance against man utd.

What a load of rubbish. You flip flop more than a politician! I can think of plenty that are below him in terms of quality.

Pascal put in some good performances for us and was a decent purchase. However his attitude will always be his downfall and that is what was in the performance against man utd.

I think that is why the guy has had his contracted terminated, his attitude would only have a negative effect on the rest of the squad, which is probably why he was made to train on his own. It's best for him and the club to move on, you only have to read his twitter posts, which are just plain depressing.

All the best to him at his new club, hopefully he goes to Ipswich, and Paul Jewell can resurrect his career.

Also I guess this will free up a space for a foreign player in our 25.

He started off well at Rovers but then gradually lost interest and it became obvious he'd rather be anywhere but here.

He's a good player when he wants to be but we don't want footballers who turn it on and off when they want. We need them to be giving 100% all the time.

Has / had a decent degree of talent. But was always going to be an iffy signing. In terms of what we needed at the time it was wasted money and a huge risk on someone who had proved to be a liability. Our saviour Big Sam has to carry the can for this cock up i'm afraid.

Remember that when Sam got fired, JR and Chimbonda were not unhappy- in fact Chimbo was said to be "buzzing". However, the first thing Steve Kean did on taking temporary charge was tell Chimbonda he had no future at Rovers.

And after United away im not suprised.

Like other pointed out he had already put his final nail in the coffin with Sam....Kean was here and saw that shambles at the same time.

Anyone know how long he had left on his contract and his salary? Hope any pay off wasnt too big. Im sure we could have just offered him around for a free transfer and shipped him out within a week. There would be a number of championship and even lower prem teams interested.

When he signed I was surpried how slow he was. I always thought he was a fairly athletic player. Turned out to be slower than Oojier. And the gloves in the middle of summer??

Have Venky's gone crazy? He is, excuse me, was, our best defender by a mile. Pace, vision, strength and a very aggressive tackler. His goal vs. Burnley was Maradona-esque, and one of the best goals ever seen at Ewood. I really don't see why we let him walk out the door, we'll regret this for a long long time. If only we'd gave him a new contract, we could have cashed a huge refund for him (€ 7 mio at least). Now we have nothing.

Absolutely gutted.

Now, let's get Assou-Ekotto in. Fast.

Have Venky's gone crazy? He is, excuse me, was, our best defender by a mile. Pace, vision, strength and a very aggressive tackler. His goal vs. Burnley was Maradona-esque, and one of the best goals ever seen at Ewood. I really don't see why we let him walk out the door, we'll regret this for a long long time. If only we'd gave him a new contract, we could have cashed a huge refund for him (€ 7 mio at least). Now we have nothing.

Absolutely gutted.

Nothing to do with Vekys, both BFS and Kean had made their mind up on him, as for been our best defender? Whatever you have been smoking, I would like a large hit of it. His attitude stank, and would only have a negative effect on the rest of the squad.

Absolutely gutted.

You almost had me for a second.

Nothing to do with Vekys, both BFS and Kean had made their mind up on him, as for been our best defender? Whatever you have been smoking, I would like a large hit of it. His attitude stank, and would only have a negative effect on the rest of the squad.

What I've been smoking? I'm from Holland. Do I need to say more?

How can you not be happy he's gone? The guy was crap. Just as my last post.

Archived