BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We'Ve Got A Semi (Thread) On

Ste B

He does something different most games. Maybe he'll play with two goalkeepers, or play Andrews in the hole.

As long as they are both up front I would be happy.

Don't know if you've seen much of Super Keith this season by the way. He's a superb box-to-box midfielder. Kind of like Lampard but available for a snip at £4m. What do you reckon, are Villa in the market?

Yes I've seen a fair bit of him, enough to know that the only thing he has in common with Lampard is that he has two feet, the problem is that Keith's feet appear to have weights around them and he passes the ball as if he is wearing clown shoes instead of football boots.

SO thanks for your kind offer but I think we will stick with Milner as our box to box midfielder. :)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I've seen a fair bit of him, enough to know that the only thing he has in common with Lampard is that he has two feet, the problem is that Keith's feet appear to have weights around them and he passes the ball as if he is wearing clown shoes instead of football boots.

SO thanks for your kind offer but I think we will stick with Milner as our box to box midfielder. :)

Up to you but I'm sure we'd be prepared to swap Andrews for Milner plus £1.5m (or Milner plus Agbonlahor). :D

Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying, TV! Although I'm glad someone without blue/white tints can see what we are seeing, and it's not just us being biased due to his P*** I*** connections.

, but as far as this fixture is concerned, the Lancashire police saying no more than 5k is most definitely the case. I’ve had it from WMP and the Villa.

No, you've had it second hand from people which, however you dress it up, is "my mate said".

It is not that high a risk game, you are not that high a risk group of fans and it is midweek.

It doesn't matter either way but we've reduced your allocation to try to get more home fans in - exactly the same as we have done this year for Everton, Bolton, Chelsea and others.

No, you've had it second hand from people which, however you dress it up, is "my mate said".

It is not that high a risk game, you are not that high a risk group of fans and it is midweek.

It doesn't matter either way but we've reduced your allocation to try to get more home fans in - exactly the same as we have done this year for Everton, Bolton, Chelsea and others.

Well yes, as I don’t work for the ticket office and I don’t work for WMP, so it is second hand to me. I tell you what, give the Villa a ring and ask about tickets, they’ll tell you what a chap called Mark in the office said to me.

Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying, TV! Although I'm glad someone without blue/white tints can see what we are seeing, and it's not just us being biased due to his P*** I*** connections.

I saw him play a few times while on loan at Walsall back in 2004 I think it was and he didn't look anything special at that level and I didn't see anything to suggest he would develop into a Premier League player. I don't mean to be harsh but if I'm honest I've not seen much of him since he has been with you to suggest he is a Premier League player either I think a club of your standing should be able to find far better especially for the money you paid for him.

Whoopie Dooo! - Aston Villa are coming to town!

Fair enough it's the League Cup Semi finals but come on Villa - in the home ends and in the local pubs? It's enough to make me insert one of those smiley laughy yellow things into a post. And it is Christmas.

Anyway - why give you the whole Darwen End? Why should we? Just 'cause you can sell out apparently? Do us a favour and keep bigging the game up, we'll sell some more tickets that way.

Chris Price, Gordan Cowans, Alan Wright and Steve Archibald. Who's the odd one out?

Chris Price, Gordan Cowans, Alan Wright and Steve Archibald. Who's the odd one out?

Well I don't believe Archibald played for us unlike the other 3 but then he is before my time. He did though play for you (on loan I believe?) the others played for both clubs.

Unless its Alan Wright for being the only one injured by being too short to drive a Ferrari :)

Well I don't believe Archibald played for us unlike the other 3 but then he is before my time. He did though play for you (on loan I believe?) the others played for both clubs.

Unless its Alan Wright for being the only one injured by being too short to drive a Ferrari :)

Archibald scored twice for us against you guys in a 3-2 thriller at Ewood in one of my favourite ever Rovers games. From memory, which is fading, we occupied the top two spots in the 2nd division at the time and we went top afterwards (if we weren't already (?)). You're right! Of course we faded though, it was the 80's after all.

Cowans, Price and Wright ("too small to be a footballer") were all fantastic players for Rovers and possibly / probably Villa. With the exception of Cowans - who was undoubtedly a fantastic player for Villa and the best midfielder I'd seen for Rovers back in the day.

Despite your ridiculous colours I'd like think most Rovers fans have a lot of time for Villa and the way you go about your business (owner / manager). To say, not that you did TV, that away fans will be in the home ends (to the tune of 3000) is quite frankly ridiculous though.

Did little Wrighty actually buy the Ferrari? Did it come with a red cushion with a horse on it?

Cowans, Price and Wright ("too small to be a footballer") were all fantastic players for Rovers and possibly / probably Villa. With the exception of Cowans - who was undoubtedly a fantastic player for Villa and the best midfielder I'd seen for Rovers back in the day.

Price and Wright were excellent full backs for Villa, both had their weaknesses but they were out numbered by their strengths and served us well.

As for Sid... what can you say about the guy. I rate him as one of the two best players I've seen in my 23 years following the club (the other being McGrath), I once even had the pleasure of playing against him which was an unforgetable experience.

His time spent playing for you is the reason I have a lot of time for Rovers as during his spell I watched you whenever I could just to see Sid.

Despite your ridiculous colours I'd like think most Rovers fans have a lot of time for Villa and the way you go about your business (owner / manager). To say, not that you did TV, that away fans will be in the home ends (to the tune of 3000) is quite frankly ridiculous though.

Did little Wrighty actually buy the Ferrari? Did it come with a red cushion with a horse on it?

I like to think we are an inoffensive club compared to many out there due to the way we are run, play and I would hope our fans although like all we have our issues on the whole I think we are a decent bunch.

As for the idea there would be 3000 Villa in the home ends.... just daft. That won't happen, there will be some and I may well be one of them but 3000 not a chance.

Oh and as for little Wrighty, yep he had a Ferrari but had to sell it because he was too short to drive it. The stretching to reach the peddles caused him a lower back injury!!! Honestly I'm not making it up.

EDIT - To prove it check out the following link although they got some of the detail wrong but never mind they are Welsh, they try there best.

Here

I cant wait for these 2 games - our players will see this as their big chance and Sam has a habit of getting key results against the rivals he needs to.

Villa fans need to take abit more caution. Spurs thought the same in 2002 and we rolled them over, selling more tickets than them too!

I cant wait for these 2 games - our players will see this as their big chance and Sam has a habit of getting key results against the rivals he needs to.

Villa fans need to take abit more caution. Spurs thought the same in 2002 and we rolled them over, selling more tickets than them too!

Selling more tickets than them in the final? I dont think we did!!

I remember when we scored and a large section of the spurs end was jumping up and down celebrating in the top tier - didnt see any of their fans in our ends.....

think you will find they were in our end - towards the top left hand corner or our allocated end. I remember it as was sat on the first row facing that corner.

McAds,

Our club has done a hell of a lot of good work this season to improve gates and atmosphere at Ewood and make football financially accessible to the working class fan.(SO CALLED BIGGER CLUBS TAKE NOTE!!)

Talk of Villa fans trying to get tickets for home areas is NOT helpful and will only create argument and animosity as you have found out...It simply will not happen en-masse either as some of your lot seem to think,trust me,we've heard it all before! :lol:

As mentioned,Rovers have a strict ticketing policy with fans having to be on a 'data base' with previous home ticket purchases.Tickets will never be on open sale.

Lets keep the banter good and the bull to a mimimum eh?

:brfc::rover:

We’ve sold out our allocation this morning.

It’s going to be a wriggle now between our police liaison speaking to Lancashire Constabulary and him trying to convince them that having Villa rock up en masse in Blackburn ends is a far bigger security hazard than having to deal with an extra 3000 Villa fans, with the allocation Blackburn initially offered before your plod but the kibosh on it.

Dunno but whoever it was they were talking out of their arse. It was probably me. Or you.

Actually it was me. You merely said that "having Villa rock up en masse in Blackburn ends is a far bigger security hazard than having to deal with an extra 3000 Villa fans". Which is something altogether quite very different than saying they'll be 3000 Villa fans in the Blackburn Ends of the ground.

How I came to this wildly inaccurate conclusion; that I thought you said they'll be 3000 Villa fans in the home ends, and not that “Villa fans will rock up en masse in Blackburn Ends” is something that puzzles me immensely. I very may well take that little puzzlette with me to the grave.

I would like to apologise to you McAds for any distress and hurt caused by my previous posts on this subject yesterday evening when upon finishing work for Christmas I decided to drink copious amounts of lager and Jack Daniels (ah that'll be it - puzzle solved). This has clearly impaired my normally relatively astute comprehension skills.

Talk of Villa fans trying to get tickets for home areas is NOT helpful and will only create argument and animosity as you have found out...It simply will not happen en-masse either as some of your lot seem to think,trust me,we've heard it all before! :lol:

My point was that away fans in home areas cause animosity and anger! I wouldn’t like, just the same as you, but I said that it could be a realistic possibility now. That was my point.

I would like to apologise to you McAds for any distress and hurt caused by my previous posts on this subject yesterday evening when upon finishing work for Christmas I decided to drink copious amounts of lager and Jack Daniels (ah that'll be it - puzzle solved). This has clearly impaired my normally relatively astute comprehension skills.

I have to say, I didn’t sleep very well last night, but this apology has set my mind at ease. A very merry Christmas to you.

My point was that away fans in home areas cause animosity and anger! I wouldn’t like, just the same as you, but I said that it could be a realistic possibility now. That was my point.

I have to say, I didn’t sleep very well last night, but this apology has set my mind at ease. A very merry Christmas to you.

I don't think he got it.

Don`t talk shat Hughesy! :rolleyes:

Let McAds do the exagerating.

Any Villa fans wanting to come to Blackburn to watch the game in the pub, please check it`s not on SKY. Hardly any Blackburn pubs have sky sports these days, so you`ll be watching ceefax lol :).......& that`s if you can find a pub that`s still open :unsure:

I`ve nothing against Aston Villa, apart from their crappy colours. A good old traditional English football club with a proud heritage. We`ve had some good tussles over the years. The game in the 80s (as Mr Fleming said) is still a fond memory of mine. I think O`neill is a good solid manager & your squad is strong. I hope your club do break into the top 4, it`d be refreshing for football, but not at the expense of Blackburn Rovers (obviously)

On another note. I asked a friend who stewards the away end at Ewood 'who the worst fans are?'....he said "without a doubt Brum & Villa....moronic behaviour every time they visit". I can understand him saying Brum, but suprised when your club was mentioned :blink:

Looking at the seat booker on the official site it would appear we have sold about 5,000 home tickets to date for this game!

:unsure:

Onerovers is showing tickets as "unavailable" to me for some reason so I can't see for myself but surely that can't be right?!

Archived