BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] We'Ve Got A Semi (Thread) On

Ste B

A bit angry aren’t you?

Your club wanted to give the full 8000 in the first instance and we wanted to accept that too; the police stepping in has ’s changed it. So now you have a different situation where Villa will be going in the Blackburn end, unless a re-negotiation can take place where it is explained that this is a more dangerous situation than trying to police more Villa fans throughout the afternoon and the evening. The Euro plod seem to manage it, I don’t see why yours couldn’t.

Angry? Not at all. Round these parts "bog off" is a gentle nudge.

I'm curious though, why you think it's your divine right to go to an away match after your allocation has sold out? And to suggest that if you don't get you're own way you'll buy tickets in the home end? I can imagine you being envious of Rovers' achievements in recent times but I didn't realise a trip to Ewood was your cup final.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angry? Not at all. Round these parts "bog off" is a gentle nudge.

I'm curious though, why you think it's your divine right to go to an away match after your allocation has sold out? And to suggest that if you don't get you're own way you'll buy tickets in the home end? I can imagine you being envious of Rovers' achievements in recent times but I didn't realise a trip to Ewood was your cup final.

That’s a nice looking fishing rod you’ve got there, but you’ll catch nothing with that sort of bait.

It’s my right, whether divined or otherwise, to go to this match, because I have a ticket. Others who missed out today will be gutted and still just as desperate to go as they were 24 hours ago. If no re-negotiation can take place that sees us getting more tickets, then that isn’t going to take away their desire to go is it? They’ll look to buy up tickets in the Blackburn ends. It is always happens when demand far outweighs the supply.

That’s a nice looking fishing rod you’ve got there, but you’ll catch nothing with that sort of bait.

It’s my right, whether divined or otherwise, to go to this match, because I have a ticket. Others who missed out today will be gutted and still just as desperate to go as they were 24 hours ago. If no re-negotiation can take place that sees us getting more tickets, then that isn’t going to take away their desire to go is it? They’ll look to buy up tickets in the Blackburn ends. It is always happens when demand far outweighs the supply.

Well then BRFC will be notified and we will make sure there are strict postcode checks and buying history is rigorously checked.

As of yesterday, there are no restrictions on buying tickets.

Wasn't that just season ticket holders reserving their seats?

If not, what a disgrace. All Villa fans in the home ends should be immediately thrown out. Not saying I advocate this, but make any noise and it could get nasty... not a wise thing to do.

I don't know what you're expecting fella. You (a Villa fan) have come onto a Blackburn Rovers Supporters Fan site to moan that little Blackburn aren't playing ball and opening up their doors to the mighty Villa. As though we should be grateful that you all want to come.

Tell you what, come over to Ewood on Monday and ask your patronising question in a couple of home pubs around Ewood and see what reaction you get.

Tit.

(Still not angry, mind) ;)

Jisty... did you forget the mighty Villa have a divine right to 8,000 tickets? Even though they didn't sell 3000 in the league <_<

And before you say how we never sell out at Villa Park, we're not the ones saying we're going to sit in the home ends.

I don't know what you're expecting fella. You (a Villa fan) have come onto a Blackburn Rovers Supporters Fan site to moan that little Blackburn aren't playing ball and opening up their doors to the mighty Villa. As though we should be grateful that you all want to come.

Tell you what, come over to Ewood on Monday and ask your patronising question in a couple of home pubs around Ewood and see what reaction you get.

Tit.

(Still not angry, mind) ;)

Have I? The situation hasn’t been created by Blackburn at all and I’ve made that clear; it has been created by the police.

Your anger must be stopping you from reading my posts; hence all your aggressive and antagonistic responses.

To the other Rovers fan, if there was an away supporter sitting by me and he was acting as if he was in the away end, then I’d get a bit narked to be honest. It happens every game and most people never notice because the people that do it just sit quietly and don’t make a fuss. The problem I think that could happen here is the volume of Villa fans trying to get tickets in the Blackburn ends and its a problem that has been created by the police.

Have I? The situation hasn’t been created by Blackburn at all and I’ve made that clear; it has been created by the police.

Your anger must be stopping you from reading my posts; hence all your aggressive and antagonistic responses.

To the other Rovers fan, if there was an away supporter sitting by me and he was acting as if he was in the away end, then I’d get a bit narked to be honest. It happens every game and most people never notice because the people that do it just sit quietly and don’t make a fuss. The problem I think that could happen here is the volume of Villa fans trying to get tickets in the Blackburn ends and its a problem that has been created by the police.

Well that's the thing - if there are lots of Villa fans it leads to one thing - trouble.

I think it was wrong giving Villa 7,500 tickets anyway, we should be preventing any advantage for you. 7,500 noisy Villa fans behind the goal will be extra incentive for your players.

Bad decision by the police anyway.. their reasoning is poor. But like I said before, I think Villa should only get 5000 tickets.

The problem I think that could happen here is the volume of Villa fans trying to get tickets in the Blackburn ends and its a problem that has been created by the police.

Pity the same volume of support didn’t decide to attend the league game, worst Villa support in years and don't tell us the police stopped ticket sales because you didn't fill the reduced section either.

Must be a claret and blue thing this buying up seats in the home end, feels like we've been here before :lol:

I’ve been to every Rovers Villa game since 1978/79 and have never seen Villa fans in the home end, won't happen this time either, its only Villa for goodness sake :D

In your haste, you've also failed to spot what I typed. Little Blackburn. Not little Blackburn Rovers.

You're so obtuse, you still don't see your own mistake. You are trying to illicit empathy from Rovers fans about your perceived poor treatment of good honest Villa fans wanting to buy away end tickets, who Lancashire Constabulary are 'forcing' into the home ends.

Well, boo hoo.

I recommend you don't come anyway, away end or home end. It'll be a long trip back in the middle of winter on a weeknight with your tails between your legs.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Angry. :P

Is there any confirmation anywhere that the police have stopped Villa having the whole of the DE or is it just Villa fans moaning they can't get tickets and passing the blame onto someone else?

Carling cup rules state the away fans must be offered 15% of the ground capacity (if possible with segretation) which is why the allocation is 5,000. Why should they get any more????

Pity the same volume of support didn’t decide to attend the league game, worst Villa support in years and don't tell us the police stopped ticket sales because you didn't fill the reduced section either.

Indeed it was, 100-200 tickets went unsold.

It doesn’t have any real relevance though to this game or this allocation though does it?

In your haste, you've also failed to spot what I typed. Little Blackburn. Not little Blackburn Rovers.

You're so obtuse, you still don't see your own mistake. You are trying to illicit empathy from Rovers fans about your perceived poor treatment of good honest Villa fans wanting to buy away end tickets, who Lancashire Constabulary are 'forcing' into the home ends.

Well, boo hoo.

I recommend you don't come anyway, away end or home end. It'll be a long trip back in the middle of winter on a weeknight with your tails between your legs.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Angry. :P

Its quite the siege mentality you’ve developed there. Usually such parochial behaviour is exhibited only from the provinces in their hatred of the Sassenach, but well done for competing.

I’m not attempting to illicit sympathy, I’m telling you about the situation that has been created, not by either club, but by your local police constabulary. This morning on the day you no longer needed a 4+ away booking history, 2000 tickets went in a little over an hour. Regardless of how many away supporters we brought in 1974, 2004 or whenever the demand for this fixture is very high and consequently people are going to try to buy tickets in Blackburn ends on a larger scale than would be normal for a popular away shut out.

It’s got nothing to do with measuring how big your schlong its all to do with a bizarre police decision that has created a situation that could potentially be far worse than what they were trying to stop; i.e. an extra 3000 Villa fans.

Indeed it was, 100-200 tickets went unsold.

It doesn’t have any real relevance though to this game or this allocation though does it?

Police looked at the situation and thought 5000 would cover the demand, with only just over 2000 coming for the league game.

How about that for real relevance :tu:

Police looked at the situation and thought 5000 would cover the demand, with only just over 2000 coming for the league game.

How about that for real relevance :tu:

Yet the year before we brought six and a half, but again what has that or earlier in the season got to do with this fixture? It is totally irrelevant.

5000 isn’t enough to cover demand and was never going to be enough, that’s why the initial offer was higher.

McAds, what is this information you possess about Lancashire Constabulary? Where has it been stated that they reduced the allocation? If they have done as you claim is it due to a large number of your supporters behaviour at previous matches?

Yet the year before we brought six and a half, but again what has that or earlier in the season got to do with this fixture? It is totally irrelevant.

5000 isn’t enough to cover demand and was never going to be enough, that’s why the initial offer was higher.

5000 is plenty for Villa.

If you'd have been an Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool they'd have given you more, but you're not, so 5000 is plenty.

McAds, what is this information you possess about Lancashire Constabulary? Where has it been stated that they reduced the allocation? If they have done as you claim is it due to a large number of your supporters behaviour at previous matches?

I'd heard it on the websites and took no credence in it until a few days ago somebody whose opinion on all things Villa is valued very highly provided a detailed explanation, so I asked my mate who works up in Lloyds House (WMP intelligence HQ) and he confirmed it with our liaison officer.

I’m guessing it’s because of the disorder at previous games. I know a load of knob heads smashed in your toilets the other year, as I saw it for myself. Totally pathetic behaviour and the sort of thing that you only really see when we play the Blues. Then of course a good number the season before last couldn’t hold their beer and did over the Fernhurst and were acting like general obnoxious ######, standing in the road blocking traffic etc.

To be honest, I can’t imagine its any worse than what United are like, but that’s the decision and this is what I assume it’s based upon.

5000 is plenty for Villa.

Only it isn't, that being the crux of this matter that you've not grasped.

McAds, I think you'll find that since yesterday the tickets have been on sale to people who are already on the database at Rovers. they are not on general sale to all and sundry.

Until yesterday it was season tickets only, now they are on general sale but you certainly wont be able to ring up in your finest midlands accent with no history of ever buying rovers tickets and get a ticket in the rovers end, I can guarantee you of that.

I'd heard it on the websites and took no credence in it until a few days ago somebody whose opinion on all things Villa is valued very highly provided a detailed explanation, so I asked my mate who works up in Lloyds House (WMP intelligence HQ) and he confirmed it with our liaison officer.

I’m guessing it’s because of the disorder at previous games. I know a load of knob heads smashed in your toilets the other year, as I saw it for myself. Totally pathetic behaviour and the sort of thing that you only really see when we play the Blues. Then of course a good number the season before last couldn’t hold their beer and did over the Fernhurst and were acting like general obnoxious ######, standing in the road blocking traffic etc.

To be honest, I can’t imagine its any worse than what United are like, but that’s the decision and this is what I assume it’s based upon.

Only it isn't, that being the crux of this matter that you've not grasped.

McAds, I think you'll find that since yesterday the tickets have been on sale to people who are already on the database at Rovers. they are not on general sale to all and sundry.

Until yesterday it was season tickets only, now they are on general sale but you certainly wont be able to ring up in your finest midlands accent with no history of ever buying rovers tickets and get a ticket in the rovers end, I can guarantee you of that.

Fair enough, I only scanned your website and must have missed that.

Archived